New Uniforms - Cheap trick or nice change?

I am still glad we have new uniforms but I have to tell you, my shirts are shrinking with even the most careful laundering, the sweaters are balling up and the zipper on one sweater broke completely off and the one on my vest is always going off track - - i have washed them with the clasps closed and all the pins off and I can't figure out why they already seem to be falling apart? Is this different fabric from when the original agents did the wear test?

Booooo! :( I'm very sad!

Intl shannon

I would call Twin Hill (1-866-429-1026) and request replacement items since what you have is deffective. They should take care of you, if not, contact your AFA uniform chairs to assist you.

Jet

I am still glad we have new uniforms but I have to tell you, my shirts are shrinking with even the most careful laundering, the sweaters are balling up and the zipper on one sweater broke completely off and the one on my vest is always going off track - - i have washed them with the clasps closed and all the pins off and I can't figure out why they already seem to be falling apart? Is this different fabric from when the original agents did the wear test?

There's definitely a quality issue with the shell sweaters. I have two sweaters and I wore them once, they were loose to begin with and after wearing it for a day the bottom of the sweater lost it's shape and was so baggy I had to tuck it in. I thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened to my other sweater. I've washed them both according the directions but neither one of them have regained their shape. They are both unwearable because they are ridiculously huge. I emailed the uniform chairperson and they said they had forwarded my info to someone in the company that was several weeks ago and I still haven't received a response.

My shirts aren't shrinking they never stay crisp no matter how much I starch them to death.

Shannon, I suggest you wash all of your future, new shirts in COLD water, then hang dry them. NO Shrinkage. Once dry, iron, and they look like new. I have had no issues with the new shirts with this method. The dry cleaning chemicals are just that, chemicals, and make the shirts scratchy and yellow after time. I also use Arm and Hammer natural element concentrate detergent, which is great. No harsh perfumes, or allergiens. Hope that helps. :)

I use cold water and Cheer. Plus Downy. Dry on the perma press setting as it isn't as hot. They press nicely and stay crisp all day without starch. Smells good too.

Try turning your sweaters inside out before washing and use Woolite. That should help with pilling. I'm hearing alot of complaints about the zippers. You may need to get replacements.

I know I'm going to get attacked for this but here goes.................

I don't like your new uniforms. I was looking at the 3 F/A's on my recent PHL to FLL flight and noticed a few things.

#1 was wearing the sweater and it had excessive pilling. What's with the oversized scarf? Good god.

#2 was wearing the fitted 2 piece that resembles the original US uniform. She was very petite and wore it well.

#3 was in the white fitted shirt and blue slacks. She looked nice but there's that ugly oversized scarf! The shirt looked like it needed a good ironing though.

Tell me ladies..............are you comfortable wearing those scarfs?

I guess I'd rather have my F/A's look like F/A's with some consistency amongst you. DL has variations on their uniforms but you know they are the F/A's on board.

But then again the gate agents don't always look similar either.

Oh and I'm not going to let the guys get away.........if you have a belly...........please don't wear the stripped shirt. It doesn't make you slimmer no matter what they say. Those vertical stripes are still stripes.

Like a Chinese menu with too many options. Sometimes simple is best.

I agree with you. Simple is best.

I'm not fond of the uniform either and I really dislike the scarfs. But I'm not a scarf kind of girl. I wouldn't wear one even if it was a Hermes.

As you've heard on the board, we are having problems with the sweaters pilling. Not our fault. And it's nice to have a little color for a change.

Don't page her anywhere. He/She better be on Capital Hill getting our FMLA sorted out. No time to worry about Betty's scarf in CLT. Since Betty is a blockholder Annie might care about her plot in life.

Rumor has it the fleet/mx will be getting their new uniforms soon....just waiting for the screen printing with the words...Dept. of Corrections.....lol

So it isnt me that thinks Im growing into my shirts after just 1 washing!
Ive been laundering in COLD water...a quick steam of iron and done, Ive already noticed on those ugly blue sweaters they are balling up..didnt order it no thanks!
Stupid is as Stupid does.

you really did not think you were getting a quality uniform..did you?

No, it isn't just you. When I got my first batch of uniform pieces I did a wash test on one of my shirts and it shrank. So I shipped the whole lot back to Twin Hill and reordered in a size larger. My sleeves are still too long but at least my bust isn't popping buttons.