new uniform pieces

flygirl74

Senior
Nov 13, 2004
I have seen the new catalog of pieces for the f/a's. I had a "westie" (sorry) on my flight who was on the uniform committee in some capacity. She tossed her name but I forgot it or else I would have posted it. I posed a few questions to her regarding the pieces. I mentioned that our wings, not to be territorial, I don't know about west, are screw backed. She said we would be getting new wings that supposedly are a pin clasp. I was worried about pushing the wings through the shell sweater, etc and causing fraying.
Raincoat. I asked her about a half rain coat. I mentioned that the new raincoat is nice, however in PHL it can be 90 degrees and raining...who wears a full length raincoat? She told me I SWEAR TO GOD that I don't fly to rainy cities in the summer!!!! I asked her if she had any input on the cactification of our a/c and how we are to deal with coats in the winter WITH NO CLOSETS since she probably doesn't fly to cold weather either.
Names on wings. She wasn't sure. I told her that I wouldn't like my name on the wings. Yeah sure, people will jump on that, but if you want my name I will give it. It's not like you couldn't track me down via " coach f/a on flight XXX on Oct XXX PHL-XXX". But think who wears a name tag and how people react. "Hey.....Violet, how about a Coke..and Violet...how bout some blankets for my 'ho s. They cold.
As for the $$ allowance it seems sufficient. I won't commit til I try on stuff 2 see if I like it. Some items seem too casual, but if u can beat em, join em.
feel free 2 chime in.

I have seen the new catalog of pieces for the f/a's. I had a "westie" (sorry) on my flight who was on the uniform committee in some capacity. She tossed her name but I forgot it or else I would have posted it. I posed a few questions to her regarding the pieces. I mentioned that our wings, not to be territorial, I don't know about west, are screw backed. She said we would be getting new wings that supposedly are a pin clasp. I was worried about pushing the wings through the shell sweater, etc and causing fraying.
Raincoat. I asked her about a half rain coat. I mentioned that the new raincoat is nice, however in PHL it can be 90 degrees and raining...who wears a full length raincoat? She told me I SWEAR TO GOD that I don't fly to rainy cities in the summer!!!! I asked her if she had any input on the cactification of our a/c and how we are to deal with coats in the winter WITH NO CLOSETS since she probably doesn't fly to cold weather either.
Names on wings. She wasn't sure. I told her that I wouldn't like my name on the wings. Yeah sure, people will jump on that, but if you want my name I will give it. It's not like you couldn't track me down via " coach f/a on flight XXX on Oct XXX PHL-XXX". But think who wears a name tag and how people react. "Hey.....Violet, how about a Coke..and Violet...how bout some blankets for my 'ho s. They cold.
As for the $$ allowance it seems sufficient. I won't commit til I try on stuff 2 see if I like it. Some items seem too casual, but if u can beat em, join em.
feel free 2 chime in.

There is only one female on the west uinform committee, so it sounds like this was not her.

According to the information put out the wings will be the same wings we wear on the East.

From the pictures the rain coat looks shorter then the current trench coat worn on the East.

In cold weather cities we have to order the all weather coat 117.00. I never wore one of those in 26 years why should I be forced to buy one?

In cold weather cities we have to order the all weather coat 117.00. I never wore one of those in 26 years why should I be forced to buy one?
As far as I know - for the cold weather stations this coat will be compulsory and free of charge ....

The "all weather" coat shown for the guys looks just like our current raincoat. Even with the liner in, it isn't heavy enough for winter in the Northeast -- if that's the only coat we can wear this winter, I predict record numbers of sick calls. Some of us aren't senior enough to avoid the cold and rainly cities.

According to the information put out the wings will be the same wings we wear on the East.

From the pictures the rain coat looks shorter then the current trench coat worn on the East.

You are correct. The West is getting new (our current) wings.

The East is not getting new ones. I don't understand that!!! Nice new uniform with ratty peeling wings!!!!

I still have my original wings and they look horrible up close. They are scratched and the shinny silver is peeling off.

Yes, I could get new ones on my own.....but I have the good ones with the pin.

As for names......they will be on our aprons and we should all switch aprons!!!!! :up:

Word on the street is the fit line rollout was a total disaster in PHL. Anyone know details? Just got a note that nothing is going right and a big mess. Is this sytem wide or just in our lovely PHL base?