New Uniforms

jimntx said:
Hey, I was wearing my after-Christmas uniform fat pants by the 2nd week in December.  Don't complain to me.  As Oscar Wilde once said, "I have enormous willpower.  I can resist anything except temptation."

Skinny leg in suits and uniforms doesn't look right to me even when the wearer has a flat abdomen and no or well toned butt.  But then, I'm just a pebble in the road to progress.
Good news:

http://theodysseyonline.com/clemson/dad-bod/97484

In case you haven't noticed lately, girls are all about that dad bod. I hadn't heard about this body type until my roommate mentioned it. She used to be crazy over guys she claimed had the dad bod. After observing the guys she found attractive, I came to understand this body type well and was able to identify it. The dad bod is a nice balance between a beer gut and working out. The dad bod says, "I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time." It's not an overweight guy, but it isn't one with washboard abs, either.

;)

Black Magic said:
Fleet Service uniforms look fine to me.  Except once again their needs to be a light blue/grey shirt available for miserable summers in AZ.  Dark colors are the worst in the summer!! America West had it right for 2 decades in that department.
Where are you guys seeing the new uniforms? On line someplace, Jetnet? Im talking AMT, Fleet and Stores. Im, interested in seeing the stores uniforms.

Shafted said:
Where are you guys seeing the new uniforms? On line someplace, Jetnet? Im talking AMT, Fleet and Stores. Im, interested in seeing the stores uniforms.

Jetnet -> Resources -> Uniform ordering

Not sure if Stores is in there though, unless it's under the "Title II" category, and that link doesn't work for me...

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
They're not particularly special compared to current AA uniforms either.  Gray is a problematic color for those with a weight problem which we have a lot of at AA--both men and women.  Also, that skinny leg look in the men's uniforms will look dated very quickly.  It's in right now, but probably won't be a year from now.  When you want something to last for more than one fashion season, you don't go with the current "hot" look, you go with classic style--a little extra material in the leg with a slight break whether cuffed or not.  The skinny leg look also will emphasize a weight issue by giving the impression of an apple on two popsicle sticks.  Not judgin'.  Just sayin'.
Jim,

Please tell me that one of your previous careers was in stand-up comedy.

An apple on 2 popsicle sticks...I can't stop laughing!!

Reactions: 2 people
You're welcome.  Actually, my first career was as an actor (a glamorous way of saying that I was a waiter).  The humor comes from my background.  I am descended from a long line of tacky people.  We trace our tackiness back to before the Revolutionary War.

Reactions: 5 people
One of my favorite's of his is, "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." I had heard the company had agreements with certain clothiers that will tailor/adjust inflight uniform items at no cost, is/was this the case?

My two all time favorites are "There are 2 classes of travel...First Class and with children." and (on his deathbed) he opened his eyes and said, "Either that wallpaper goes or I do." He promptly died.

I had heard the company had agreements with certain clothiers that will tailor/adjust inflight uniform items at no cost, is/was this the case?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is company-wide, but for crew uniforms we can take them to Men's Wearhouse for certain specific alterations--letting a seam out for instance, but not tightening up the bosom or butt as some flight attendants are wont to do. Men's Wearhouse was also not authorized to shorten ladies dress beyond a certain number of inches, thank god. I saw a f/a last week who had shortened her dress beyond common sense. For starters, she had calves like a down lineman. It wasn't near as attractive as she seemed to think it was. And, when she sits no one will have difficulty determining today's panty color.

A funny: When my supervisor got his new uniform, one sleeve of the jacket was about 4 inches shorter than the other. He took it to Men's Wearhouse where they told him, "Sir we can cut the other one off to match the shorter length, but there's nothing we can do to lengthen the shorter one."

Anyone particularly prideful of the fact that the new flight crew uniforms for AMERICAN AIRLINES were made in Bangladesh?

Or they could fix it IF they have to come up with a different uniform with all the problems they seem to be having. Our Base President says AA agreed to let us wear our old uniform or we could purchase our own charcoal gray slacks and white shirt to wear to work! Something seems stinky in Centre Port.

Or they could fix it IF they have to come up with a different uniform with all the problems they seem to be having. Our Base President says AA agreed to let us wear our old uniform or we could purchase our own charcoal gray slacks and white shirt to wear to work! Something seems stinky in Centre Port.
I agree. It has not been AA's nature in the past to concede so readily on an issue/idea/change they thought up. After all that bombast about not wearing any part of the uniform prior to 20Sept and everyone must magically appear in the uniform on that date, they really should have checked to see if everyone had their uniform. I know one flight attendant that has yet to receive a single piece of her uniform ordered months ago. Twin Hills (or whoever) admits that her uniform has not yet shipped. So, what's the problem.

Reactions: IORFA
Twin HIll = Cheapest of the cheap. That's the New American Way. I'm embarrassed to tell people where I work anymore. When I do I just say America West, Doing Business As American Airlines.