News on FA Recall?

Yeah, I figured I would've gotten my letter by now saying, "Sorry but we didn't get to your seniority number on the recall list." But I've heard nothing. At this rate, if they continue to get "jilted" by F/As who say they're coming back but don't show up, they won't get the number of warm bodies they want back on the property by May 1.
it amazes me that f/as agree to return and then noshow on training????
the amount of work required to even get to the point of being able to attend requal training is ENORMOUS!! i just cannot imagine going through all of that and not showing up...

on a positive note--those in inflight who are coordinating the return to work "stuff" for returning f/as are undoubtedly the most organized and efficient bunch i have ever dealt with at usair, pre and post merger!!

it amazes me that f/as agree to return and then noshow on training????
the amount of work required to even get to the point of being able to attend requal training is ENORMOUS!! i just cannot imagine going through all of that and not showing up...

on a positive note--those in inflight who are coordinating the return to work "stuff" for returning f/as are undoubtedly the most organized and efficient bunch i have ever dealt with at usair, pre and post merger!!

Part of the problem is that people JUST DON"T PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Lots assumed that if they "resigned" they were done NOW!!!! That is NOT the case. If you checked "resign" and your seniority was NOT reached, it was null and void. So, people were saying yes only to find out they WERE reached. They are now going "oh sh!t"..... I can't come back!!!!

Sorry to add a note of pessimism to the recalls but one should think about returning if there is a merger.

A merger will, and I mean will, result in some sort of downsizing.

If we are acquired we will be at the disadvantage.

Sorry to add a note of pessimism to the recalls but one should think about returning if there is a merger.

Do you know that as fact?

Then don't stir the pot. If a merger/acquisition were to happen it could be YEARS til intergation as is the case with the AWA/US merger.

Do you know that as fact?

Then don't stir the pot. If a merger/acquisition were to happen it could be YEARS til intergation as is the case with the AWA/US merger.

Some people should not come back ever.

Some people should never have been hired in the first place.

I just got off a trip with a recalled F/A who would be too lucky to get a job on the midnight shift at a trashy diner.

Everything, EVERYTHING was wrong with this woman, and she complained non-stop.

She was incredibly rude to the pax and I had to compensate for her.

If she hates this job and the new reserve system so much, then why come back?

You can really make a difference in a person's travel experience even if we don't have any tools. Just being a little nice and acknowledging them is a start!

I hope this F/A tranfers out. What a waste of space.

We have wacky, nasty, crazy, RUDE flight attendants of EVERY seniority. I've said it in many a thread that I WILL NOT dance around another's weird demeanor for the length of even a 1day. I won't deal with it. That means no uncomfortable quiet sessions while working together in the galley or sitting on the jumpseat. I also won't work 30 rows of a cabin listening to another f/a be unusually rude to passengers. It's not right. We have some real nutjobs here. Imagine over the PA...."Flight attendant XXX please report to the back galley for your inflight Dr. Phil session". :lol:

I didn't mean to imply anything about a specific seniority, just this one individual. In DCA, usually you get on a trip and people just get along or make an effort to pretend. No drama, no continuous whining about how much things suck, and no out-right rudeness. Sometimes when a crew is having a bad day, they'll be indifferent to the pax, but I've never witnessed brusque comments. My crew was shocked. :blink:

I didn't mean to imply anything about a specific seniority, just this one individual. In DCA, usually you get on a trip and people just get along or make an effort to pretend. No drama, no continuous whining about how much things suck, and no out-right rudeness. Sometimes when a crew is having a bad day, they'll be indifferent to the pax, but I've never witnessed brusque comments. My crew was shocked. :blink:

I am not saying that I cannot be nasty at times if some pax pi$$es me off and I am NOT one to wirte anyone up for anything, BUT.............

If we have people JUST returning and they are like this, they need to have a talking to...........

I am not saying that I cannot be nasty at times if some pax pi$$es me off and I am NOT one to wirte anyone up for anything, BUT.............

If we have people JUST returning and they are like this, they need to have a talking to...........
I have vented to IMissTheAladdinTrays. You know I'm gonna make her work for my union dues. I might call her daily just for the heck of it.

Well she should put in a transfer to Philly, where she'll not only fit in, but be assumed to be quite senior.

Hooters Air F/As were just regular old Pace Airlines F/As. Hooters Girls were onboard to do their thing, nothing to do with the F/As.

Latest posts