News on FA Recall?

Why recall these people only to lay them off again?

Are reserves flying that much right now?

:blink:
Summer is coming so they can weed through the list, then in the fall everyone will be fighting for scraps.

Management of any kind could care less what happens to employees when we have the coming downsizing.

Do it for the summer. Enjoy yourself but think of something else for the fall.

Parking planes and possible BK 3/4 may be on it's way.

Even if we get lucky and merge again there will be downsizing.

If DAL.UAL et al are shrinking you can bet we will be shrinking.

Summer is coming so they can weed through the list, then in the fall everyone will be fighting for scraps.

Management of any kind could care less what happens to employees when we have the coming downsizing.

Do it for the summer. Enjoy yourself but think of something else for the fall.

Parking planes and possible BK 3/4 may be on it's way.

Even if we get lucky and merge again there will be downsizing.

If DAL.UAL et al are shrinking you can bet we will be shrinking.
I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm sure they want to get through the list if nothing else because it just burns their cheap butts that alot of those people have no intention of returning and are just hanging on the list to keep their flight benefits. Funny when you think of it, some of the people were only on line for a month and have a month of time but have had almost 7 years of flight benefits. I'm sure if there is a furlough in the fall that they are not going to let anybody have indefinite flight benefits again.

I think it would be more beneficial to them to offer some kind of buyout to 10-15+ year people and just give them the insurance benefits for 2 years or whatever. I'd go in a heartbeat if I could keep the health benefits and a limited number of passes per year.

I'd go in a heartbeat if I could keep the health benefits and a limited number of passes per year..
I think they know that and want attrition to happen without having to pay anything out-unfortunately.

The under subscribed last buyout means either they did not offer enough or that was as good as it will get.

I don't think the future bodes well for them to give larger amounts of money away. I hope they do-perhaps it will save them more money in the long run if they did.

Its hard to figure out what direction they are going or even if they have a direction.

Keep your fingers crossed.

As far as coming back to the U-unless you live in base and have no obligations I would look elsewhere for a F/A job.

How close is the company to recalling the flight attendants who took the $10K buyouts, and in what order will they be recalled? If I remember correctly, there were three $10K buyouts.

I think the ONLY reason the last buyout went under subscribed was due to the fact that they offered no medical benefits with it. THAT is the reason many stay that would retire. Price health insurance lately if you had to pay out of pocket? It's UNREAL. Good luck to all of you returning. We are not trying to sound all that negative but just brutally honest. It's NO kind of life...and I don't care HOW much you like people and love to travel. :lol:

I am curious-what is the call out time for a reserve? Is it an hour and a half? And are you required to live in base? :unsure: Also, how many days off a month do reserves have now?

I am curious-what is the call out time for a reserve? Is it an hour and a half? And are you required to live in base? :unsure: Also, how many days off a month do reserves have now?
The call out time is 1.5 hours, you are required to be IN BASE when on duty which can be up to 6 days. Just ask our friend Cindy. You get 11 days off and out of those 11 you have three that are regular OFF days which can be taken and moved by the company if need be.

the two hour call out was recently sent as a proposal of sorts by the union. Just goes to show how they know their audience. MORONS. 2 hours. 1.5 hours is GREAT at 2am when your quick called to work the CLT based FRA flight. Those poor folks.

How close is the company to recalling the flight attendants who took the $10K buyouts, and in what order will they be recalled? If I remember correctly, there were three $10K buyouts.

I heard letters are going out soon that will start a recall that will reach into the "buyout" crowd. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this next round of recalls. For anybody to come back from one of the "buyouts", you'd really have to be desperate! :blink: But hey, times are tough out there!

I heard letters are going out soon that will start a recall that will reach into the "buyout" crowd. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this next round of recalls. For anybody to come back from one of the "buyouts", you'd really have to be desperate! :blink: But hey, times are tough out there!

Not necessarily. I heard Xidas was inquiring on where the company was on the "recall list". Everyone, including AFA International had insisted to the AFA BOD that anyone who took the limited recall that was a union rep or f/a was separating from the company (contridicting the language of the contract) Mike (MECP)argued AFA's point to the BOD that Teddy took a separation and misguided the BOD that the VFLR was a separation rather than a furlough with limited recall rights, arguing that no one will come back on a "recall" at year one . He convinced the BOD, and she lost her LECP seat.

She may just come back to show AFA indeed, was wrong. She may come back, transfer to PHL as a Greek LODO. Company only has 2 and are desparate for Greek speaking LODOs, from what I hear.

She's your Huckleberry.