News on FA Recall?

She may just come back to show AFA wrong. She may come back transfer to PHL as a Greek LODO. Company only has 2 and are desparate for Greek speaking LODOs, from what I hear.

Θα ήταν μεγάλο να υπάρξουν πίσω ---translation----It would be great to have you back!

I think right now we have 1-2 Greek LODOS in PHL. Last year there were 8 blocks with just those 2 speakers. We are in need for sure. Ah, only if I have staying in Saint Nicholas.....RATS!

The call out time is 1.5 hours, you are required to be IN BASE when on duty which can be up to 6 days. Just ask our friend Cindy. You get 11 days off and out of those 11 you have three that are regular OFF days which can be taken and moved by the company if need be.

Even though you can't be on duty for more than 6 days in a row without a day off, if you are on duty the last six days of one month and on duty the first six days of the next month, you may be in base away from home for 12-14 days depending on your trips and commute. You will receive an NFL day in the middle (which means you can't fly) but it isn't always feasible to commute home for that one day. Being away from home and on duty for 12+ days straight is killer and is the perfect recipe for not having a life.

I heard letters are going out soon that will start a recall that will reach into the "buyout" crowd. Should be interesting to see what comes out of this next round of recalls. For anybody to come back from one of the "buyouts", you'd really have to be desperate! :blink: But hey, times are tough out there!

Thanks! I am one that took the 9/2005 $10K buyout. I am halfway through law school, and there is no way I would come back. One thing that isn't quite clear though: Will the Company recall the VFLRs in seniority order, or will they be recalled in inverse seniority? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Happy Easter everyone!

Thanks! I am one that took the 9/2005 $10K buyout. I am halfway through law school, and there is no way I would come back. One thing that isn't quite clear though: Will the Company recall the VFLRs in seniority order, or will they be recalled in inverse seniority? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Happy Easter everyone!
If there is no way that you would come back then why does it matter to you ? Never say never.

Just a guess on my part but it would seem that if the VFLR's were to be called back, they would start with the one's that have been gone the longest, original up till this last one we just had.

I would love to see Xidas have a go with this current "knumbskull" management by calling them out on the carpet! That picture would be worth a thousand words....they wouldn't know what hit em! One of my last images of Xidas was her confronting Dave Seigel in the PIT crew room, I believe she had him cornered! :up:

VFLR recall is seniority order.

Just a guess on my part but it would seem that if the VFLR's were to be called back, they would start with the one's that have been gone the longest, original up till this last one we just had.

I would love to see Xidas have a go with this current "knumbskull" management by calling them out on the carpet! That picture would be worth a thousand words....they wouldn't know what hit em! One of my last images of Xidas was her confronting Dave Seigel in the PIT crew room, I believe she had him cornered! :up:
Oh hot damn!!!!!!!!! If I could be sure she was coming back I'd be willing to put my resume away and hang on tight. We need her now more than ever!

GREAT...I can picture it now...all those voluntary furloughs that took the 10K buy-out will come back because they found out the grass is not greener on the other side......they'll be at the bottom but still act like they have their old seniority......can you say U-G-L-Y ???

The grass can be greener on the other side. It depends on your construct of life, the choices you make, and how you deal with adversity. Leaving an airline can be a very difficult thing to do (much of it stems from the fact that as human beings, we tend to fear change), and I will admit that leaving my position as a flight attendant with US Airways was not an easy decision for me. But now that I am at Harvard Law, I am very glad that I left the company. I know that I am not alone in this regard. I personally know other former flight attendants that have moved on to bigger and better things such as medical school and nursing, yet I also know of several others that have left and still don't know what to do (incidentally, they have indicated that they would accept a recall in a heartbeat, even though they will have no seniority- but hey, that's their choice in life). So don't assume anything.

Not necessarily. I heard Xidas was inquiring on where the company was on the "recall list". Everyone, including AFA International had insisted to the AFA BOD that anyone who took the limited recall that was a union rep or f/a was separating from the company (contridicting the language of the contract) Mike (MECP)argued AFA's point to the BOD that Teddy took a separation and misguided the BOD that the VFLR was a separation rather than a furlough with limited recall rights, arguing that no one will come back on a "recall" at year one . He convinced the BOD, and she lost her LECP seat.

She may just come back to show AFA indeed, was wrong. She may come back, transfer to PHL as a Greek LODO. Company only has 2 and are desparate for Greek speaking LODOs, from what I hear.

She's your Huckleberry.

I'm not sure what could drive her back to US, but she'd surely be welcomed in PHL (or BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, and probably PHX/LAS) with open arms.