News on FA Recall?

StewGuy: You didNOT take VFLR you took VF EXL, VFLR was the people who took the buy out and give up seniority. When you go back you will keep your seniority. ALL of the people on Voluntary Furlough that are being forced to come back are senior to 9/99 so everybody junior to 9/99 will move down.
Thanks, Fly. Yeah, this got cleared up for me a few posts back. :)

I got the letter today that I either go to training on the 15th and be based on CLT or resign. After being furloughed (INV) since 12/01 and reading what it is like out there now, I'm not sure. I have a good job now, but I loved flying. Any words of wisdom out there?

I got the letter today that I either go to training on the 15th and be based on CLT or resign. After being furloughed (INV) since 12/01 and reading what it is like out there now, I'm not sure. I have a good job now, but I loved flying. Any words of wisdom out there?

Is there any way you can go back to your job if after a short while you don't want to fly anymore? Did you use up more than 3 sick calls in 2001? If not, you will have at least one sick call you can use (up to 21 days per call) so if you don't like it you can use your sick calls and still work your current job until you decide for sure. If you can't go back to your job and you are relatively happy with your current situation, then don't return. If you are not happy and feel like you absolutely need a change, then you can return but just know that you may only be making $1100 a month after taxes or maybe less depending on your seniority. I'm at $25 an hour and that's what I've been making flying on 35-40 hours a month for the past six months except for Christmas. I have in 58 this month which is a lot. You can always work on your days off and make a little extra cash but if you plan on commuting that may prove difficult. This airline is nothing like what it was in 2001 though. Here is a past thread about accepting the recall. Flight Attendant Recall Thread I highly recommend reading this thread for more information.

FWIW, I hate this place but OTOH I am sticking around and enjoying the free time so I can take classes and work on other things that I enjoy before I go back to my former career and I really enjoy my long layovers. I just have to tune out the negativity and chaos even though I probably seem like a negative person based on my posts here. Sometimes I enjoy my time here but I don't know that I would necessarily recommend it without caution. If you have to depend on these low wages it could be stressful when it comes to paying your bills. I was going to quit this June but on Friday I decided to stay another year so I guess it isn't too terrible despite my complaining. We'll see.

Okay I got the recall because I didnt want to quit.
I got assigned a base I didnt want. How soon can i put in for a transfer to the base I do want and how do I do this since I am not suppose to come back til april.
Thanks--

Also i was reading flightchic and you were saying that a sick call can last for 21 days at a time. how do you mean this can be done?

Okay I got the recall because I didnt want to quit.
I got assigned a base I didnt want. How soon can i put in for a transfer to the base I do want and how do I do this since I am not suppose to come back til april.
Thanks--

Also i was reading flightchic and you were saying that a sick call can last for 21 days at a time. how do you mean this can be done?

Go ahead and and put the transfer in. There is an electronic form on the Hub you must fill out. Go to Inflight and then look for forms and the transfer form is on there. It may take a month or two before you get your transfer, but as far as I know there are vacancies in all bases. Per our contract, one sick call can last up to 21 days. After 21 days you must have a doctor's note, and trust me, you don't want to go there unless you are really sick because doing the paperwork is very aggravating, worse than the pain of being sick. Let's say it is April 1st, and you are sick. You're supposed to be on duty until the 6th, so call off until the 6th which is when you are off. You will actually be off April 6-8 in this example. So, call future and say to mark you down as sick until the 6th. BTW, when you call, make sure you know when your days off are. Don't tell them what is wrong with you or why you are sick, just say you are sick and leave it at that. Then, on the 8th before you go back on duty call future again and tell them to mark you down sick again until your next set of days off which are the 14-16. Then on the 16th you call again up until the 21st. Make sure if you call off that you do so before you go on duty at midnight because once you are on duty if scheduling calls you for a trip and you say you are sick and take a sick on contact that can get you in trouble. It's a big no-no.

Can someone calm me down and tell me that anyone who took the voluntary seperation agreement is not part of this recall. I took the first one offered in 2005 and haven't received a letter! :up:

My apologies on the front end if this is tangential to the thread topic.

Does anybody have a sense of how many days (or weeks, I suppose) of training will be required to become line qualified after being on a voluntary furlough since 2003?

Does anybody have a sense of how many days (or weeks, I suppose) of training will be required to become line qualified after being on a voluntary furlough since 2003?

When I came back in 2006, I had been out for 4.5 years and I ended up doing 8 or 9 days of training I believe. I did 4 days of extended requalification training, 1 day of requal, 1 day of recurrent, one day of transatlantic training (I think that was a mistake b/c I was already trained for transatlantic), a half a day for the 321 because I never went to that one, and maybe more but I don't remember. Depending on your base (CLT or PHL), you will also be doing E190 and Envoy training. I had to spread mine out over three weeks because of my work schedule. Luckily my employer was very understanding and I was living in Charlotte at that time so I didn't have to worry about hotels or commuting. A 20 minute drive and I was there at training. I was trying to balance both jobs for a few weeks.

Can someone calm me down and tell me that anyone who took the voluntary seperation agreement is not part of this recall. I took the first one offered in 2005 and haven't received a letter! :up:

Are you talking "seperation" or "furlough". These are different things.

If you to the VSP (voluntary seperation program) you cannot come back. You seperated from the company with certain travel benefits.
If you took a VF (voluntary furlough) you are on an EXL at this point and will come back in inverse order of seniority. You definately should have received a letter then. Send an e-mail (DO NOT CALL) to [email protected]. He is swamped with calls and is requesting e-mails only. A friend of mine just got her letter yesterday about the possibility of coming back.

Anyone who has been out over 36 months will require 5 days of requalification. 1 day of system overview, 2 days of recurrent, 1 day of international service training, and 1 day of additional aircraft training (for PHL based, E190, A330, etc)

Anyone who has been out over 36 months will require 5 days of requalification. 1 day of system overview, 2 days of recurrent, 1 day of international service training, and 1 day of additional aircraft training (for PHL based, E190, A330, etc)

I just came back online March 15, and had been out since Oct 2001. I had 5 days Requalification, but it didn't consist of what was stated there... it was kinda strange... it was mostly 5 days of System Overview/Merger Integration where they went over the basics, but really quick... 1 day of Recurrent, I just went to International and on April 7-8 I have E190 & Envoy... so total, 9 days.

I just came back online March 15, and had been out since Oct 2001. I had 5 days Requalification, but it didn't consist of what was stated there... it was kinda strange... it was mostly 5 days of System Overview/Merger Integration where they went over the basics, but really quick... 1 day of Recurrent, I just went to International and on April 7-8 I have E190 & Envoy... so total, 9 days.

Yes, you are right. I forgot about merger integration. That adds time too. Thanks.

Well, today at noon was the deadline for the Voluntary Furlough folks to get their responses to the company as to whether or not they were open to the possibility of being recalled. The original letter stated that notification would be sent to everyone, whether or not they got recalled, "shortly after the bid closing." So, I wonder how soon "shortly" is. With the return to work being effective May 1, it's not like there's a lot of time to play with here.

Training depends upon base. The info posted above is correct. for BOS, LGA, DCA it is 5 days and 1 day of recurrent. All other bases are almost 3 weeks, because it include EMB, Int'l, Envoy and 330 training in addition to the 6 noted above.

I worked the west and was hoping to bypass some of that training, but they said although the manuals were the same, the time of my initial training we we not on the same certs. Though my recurrent it was! My training will be 5 days plu 1 recurrent.

I dunno how they will get those vountaries on the property that quick. It's taking them almost a month to get the rest of the invols on by May 1. I'm sure they have somethng up their sleeve. :shock: