NMB VOTE?

Duke787 said:
Is there any news about any kind of vote, or what we are voting for?
Duke the NMB at this time is reviewing the IAM/TWU request for new union( AKA the association)... It has been over 6 wk's and some TWU local's have sent letters to the NMB informing them of the out right violations of  the TWU and IAM are trying to pull off. The link above gives you the big picture and the 591 is not picking sides but points out the members rights under a union contract and NMB rules as should a union. My hats off to Mr Peterson and I wish my union had some integrity.

And for them IAM supporters Who would be unfamiliar with this word do to the back door deals of the IAM.  

INTEGRITY:
                 The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

1. "he is known to be a man of integrity"

synonyms:

honestyprobityrectitudehonor, good character, principle(s), ethics,morals, righteousnessmoralityvirtuedecency, fairness,scrupulousness, sinceritytruthfulness, trustworthiness

"I never doubted his integrity"

The state of being whole and undivided.
    "upholding territorial integrity and national sovereignty"

synonyms:

unityunificationcoherencecohesiontogethernesssolidarity

"the integrity of the federation"

Duke here is the link you will find answers here.

http://www.local591.com/?zone=/unionactive/private_view_page.cfm&page=22TWU202F20IAM20Association20Info22

Reactions: 1 person
Lets all just hope that we get the chance to VOTE.
 ​
If you listen to the talk in the break rooms there is very Little chatter about any of this going on what so ever. Just like it was before our contract vote.
 ​
 ​
Everyone is just going on their merry way thinking that it's all just fine.
 ​
​The TWU reps will be out in full force when the NMB does give it's decision, then it will be too late. The Title 2 guys don't even care they still believe what the IBT told them last yr.​
 ​
No matter what information the Title 2 guys are handed they will not do the leg work to look up anything that will affect them.​
 ​
Have not seem one thing come out from the AMFA's NEC just stuff put out by the Organizers.​
 ​
Hell even the TWU has been quiet. ​
 ​
AA's AMT are just willing to accept what they are given as long as they don't have to do much when it comes to work, and as long as the OVER TIME check book is wide open no one really cares.​
 ​
If a Vote is Authorized by the NMB I hope that every one will take the time to Vote unlike what happened with our contract.​
 ​
I think it's time for the head of the AMFA Organizing Committee to tell us where we stand and just how far we are from reaching the goal of Cards required by the NMB to have a chance to VOTE.​
 ​
If all of you think that a write in campaign will work at the last minute you are sadly mistaken, if we have not reached the goal of at least 50% by the end of Sept. what makes all of you think a write in is the way to go.​
 ​
It's time for everyone to get into this and get anyone in your work area to sign a card.​
 ​
Time for you to get involved at your station. ​

Reactions: 3 people
You just described everyone that hadn't signed a card in my work area to a tee. Let's just say we are screwed. If the NMB doesn't do the right thing

Reactions: 2 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:

Lets all just hope that we get the chance to VOTE.
 ​
If you listen to the talk in the break rooms there is very Little chatter about any of this going on what so ever. Just like it was before our contract vote.
 ​
 ​
Everyone is just going on their merry way thinking that it's all just fine.
 ​
​The TWU reps will be out in full force when the NMB does give it's decision, then it will be too late. The Title 2 guys don't even care they still believe what the IBT told them last yr.​
 ​
No matter what information the Title 2 guys are handed they will not do the leg work to look up anything that will affect them.​
 ​
Have not seem one thing come out from the AMFA's NEC just stuff put out by the Organizers.​
 ​
Hell even the TWU has been quiet. ​
 ​
AA's AMT are just willing to accept what they are given as long as they don't have to do much when it comes to work, and as long as the OVER TIME check book is wide open no one really cares.​
 ​
If a Vote is Authorized by the NMB I hope that every one will take the time to Vote unlike what happened with our contract.​
 ​
I think it's time for the head of the AMFA Organizing Committee to tell us where we stand and just how far we are from reaching the goal of Cards required by the NMB to have a chance to VOTE.​
 ​
If all of you think that a write in campaign will work at the last minute you are sadly mistaken, if we have not reached the goal of at least 50% by the end of Sept. what makes all of you think a write in is the way to go.​
 ​
It's time for everyone to get into this and get anyone in your work area to sign a card.​
 ​
Time for you to get involved at your station. ​

Agree 100% and now you see that everyone wants to be spoon fed...

C'mon man! We at United are rooting for you all. Bring in AMFA and we will be right behind you. GT

Reactions: 4 people
The IAM is more than likely going out the door if this goes to a vote! So all the IAM supporters need to pick a new dance partner or settle with the other ugly twin sister who cant dance.

PUT YOUR AMFA CARDS IN NOW!

Any one want to take BETS on which association member will turn on the other first and when????
I say the same day the NMB say's it must go to a vote with both on the list plus the association and with a other write in and no-union on the ballots as it should be. The IAM will back stab the TWU First. 

The TWU will be the only union representing us, the IAM, the TWU/IAM and AMFA all need to collect cards. There will be no election other wise, I some time think maybe we should send in cards to the IAM so we can have an election, because the why I see it, its going to be the TWU with out an election.

chellow said:
The TWU will be the only union representing us, the IAM, the TWU/IAM and AMFA all need to collect cards. There will be no election other wise, I some time think maybe we should send in cards to the IAM so we can have an election, because the why I see it, its going to be the TWU with out an election.

chellow

It's that type of thinking that has kept the TWU here at AA. Because of the AFL-CIO affiliation there can't be a card drive to remove each of these unions from the other.

The AMFA Organizers have been collecting cards from both the US airways and American mechanics. This started at the beginning of the year. Didn't you know that?

If you are part of our class and craft then you need to find an organizer or someone on your crew to get you a card and you should sign it. help us bring a vote to AA then this whole discussion can be over.

It's time to make a change here at AA, lets bring a class and craft union here to represent the Mechanics class and craft.

AMFA AT AA 2014

Well what I'm trying to say is that if AMFA doesn’t get the cards in their will be no election, I think the Association will be out of the picture and the TWU may be the only union that can officially state that they have a show of interest. If that information doesn’t scare straight the AMT’s at US Air, I don’t know what will.

Soon the NMB is going to give us a ruling.​
 ​
 ​
In my opinion it is time for the AMFA organizers to tell us all what is the status of the card count, What are the numbers that the NMB provided to them about US Airways as well as  American.​
 ​
With the two carriers together what is the Total number of cards that we will be required to have if the NMB rules against the Association. ​
 ​
What is the total number of voters combined?​
 ​
As of October 1st, 2014 just how many signed cards do we Have?​
 ​
We are going into the 10th month of this drive it is Time we all share this info.​
it is our future and the future of our class and craft.​
 ​
Transparency is what AMFA stands for and what the TWU does not have, so now its time for the Lead AMFA Organizers to show us that they practice what they Preach. ​
 ​
The TWU has lied to us and so did the IBT, and over at US Airways the IAM has told their version of the truth, but since I don't know what has been said I can't say its a LIE.​
 ​
It is time for the Tusa mechanics to realise that AA will reduce the numbers there just as all the other carriers have, No matter what the TWU says.​
 ​
The New AA is not going to keep all the bases open, more work is being outsourced all the time. The Line stations are doing more so it's time to work together as one united group, Not Line, Not O/H or shops but at a class and craft.​
 ​
Sign a Card today so that we will be ready to file the required Number when the NMB gives us their ruling.