No Snacks Starting June 1st?

So are you advocating furloughing some of your compatriots by dropping 30-40% of your passengers? You don't really think that doing that will do much more than cut frequencies on routes and make flying LCC less attractive to both leisure travellers and the business traveller whose most convenient flight was just cut due to reductions in service, do you?
good points. here's the real issue. no company can stay in business by selling a product below cost. the only real way to increase profit is to increase prices, and the only real way to do that is by increasing demand.

it sucks no matter how you look at it.

selling one million widgets at one dollar below cost loses you one million dollars.

I so loved those pretzels. Pouring them out on a napkin, eating them one by one, then licking the salt of the napkin before rolling it up into the pretzel bag.

It made flying special.

What will I do now? Check out the Flight Attendants?
Trust Me, when the NEW uniform rolls out YOU can occupy Your Time by utilizing the napkin as a scratch pad keeping score of how many "OH My!" "No she didn't" sights you see :lol: (Couldn't help myself on that one!)

There is no reason to do a full beverage service on flights of under an hour. I would vote for a limited beverage service (water or OJ) upon request on flights of under 1 hour, and a small snack on the longhauls.

There is just something so fundamentally wrong with not even providing a bag of pretzels on a transcon.

Can't people afford to bring a bag of chips from home? Did they all take the city bus to the airport?

Why is it that Amtrak doesn't get slack for not offering complimentary beverages and pretzels? I don't get it. Price of a advance ticket on WN or US PIT-PHL $48.00 -$52.00. Price of an advanced ticket on Amtrak PIT-PHL $45.00. I don't understand why everything must be included. On the train you get a seat and a time of arrival at your destination (times subject to change) ;) They don't offer pillows, blankets, snacks or beverages including water for free.

There is no reason to do a full beverage service on flights of under an hour. I would vote for a limited beverage service (water or OJ) upon request on flights of under 1 hour, and a small snack on the longhauls.

There is just something so fundamentally wrong with not even providing a bag of pretzels on a transcon.
Why? You don't get free food when you travel Greyhound or Amtrak . . .

Allegiant flies MD-81s, 82s and 83s, I dont believe they were Valujets.

Why not just cut service altogether on flights under one hour. I think most people would rather have nothing under an hour than only a soda for 5 hours. Since a huge percentage of flights in the system are under an hour it would be a huge cost savings, and we'll all get more reading/Sudoku done. :)
Please email your idea! That is so seriously true. No service whatsoever, on flights under one hour. Plus, snacks should only be served on flights 2 hours or longer. The longer 3+ flights you get stinking 3 salads, 3 sandwiches, and 8 snack boxes on a full 320 flight most of the time. Just get rid of the food too! IF you think you are making money on that limited of food, get real!? Plus, I am sick of getting harrased for the lack of food!
WE can afford a stinkin 2 cent bag of pretzels on the longer flights, and a can of soda! :rolleyes:

Can't people afford to bring a bag of chips from home? Did they all take the city bus to the airport?
For real!! and by looking at them you'd think they walked all the way to the airport. Seriously do some of these people even wash their butt anymore?

no, they walk around in ho skirts air drying and then sit on our seats with no undies. hahaha.....

So true. I practically want to wear a scuba suit when flying so I don't have to touch anything. Nasty. Then they walk to the lav in bare feet. Yuck. Boy in the bubble, I am.

Allegiant flies MD-81s, 82s and 83s, I dont believe they were Valujets.

Allegiants MD80 fleet for the most part are much newer than the ex PSA birds US flew, average age of their fleet is 18 years, pretty new by MD80 standards.

And yes none came from Valujet, SAS is by far the biggest source but they also have birds that are ex AA, AS, CO, BWIA, and Aeromexico. (No ex US, they are to old).

The best part of their fleet is all are owned and bought in cash ! Quite and interesting biz model.

Cheers

LGA777

Latest posts

Back