Understood nic. I really don't see any of this as being a "done deal" thus far. It seems apparent though, that the west's road to even any conceivable triumph has become considerably more cratered than ever before, and I see progressively less and less real viability for even any assumption of a magically bulletproof DFR....and....perhaps to my discredit...well...I just can't help finding ample amusement in the irrational yappings of some of your junior puppies here. 😉 Oh well. Back home and time for some sleep now. Have a good one all.
Well, you got that part right.
We are far from being done.
First, Silver has to actually post her final opinion. I would say there is about a 20% chance she makes changes that put a nail in the usapa coffin, and about a 10% chance she screws the West and says enough is enough and I am granting the company immunity.
If either of those remotes happen, usapa or the West would appeal. so, further delay.
If she just goes with what is already known, either the company asks the NMB to reject usapa and keep us parked, or they appeal, or both.
Meanwhile we are still in the context of an AMR merger, and if that deal falls through, and usapa gets its way, and the NMB restarts mediation, we are at least 9 and more like 18 months from a contract vote, and if that contract does not contain the Nic in section 22, the entire legal process starts over.
Far...far...far from a done deal....and Dan Davis can sit on LOA93 that entire time and have "these idiots cost him money".