Inflight Tempest coming from Tempe? (MERGED TOPIC)

:lol: luv you guys. i must say i have gained about a couple of pounds but i hate that damn tsa shirt. gotta start running again. ay dios, mio que se va hacer? and just to let you guys know i got approval from inflight to wear the vest since it was mistakenly sent to me from cintas not brookhurst as many think . how about i stop wearing the vest until the new uniforms are out.
etops ,
be who you are . don't listen to these haters on here . i happen to think your a great f/a and good hearted person, crazy, and fun to hang out with . and you look mighty yummy in that vest and so does damien.

thanks for the kind words. but i know these guys are just messing around . i don't take it personal . they do this cause they like me . (i hope) have a good new year. i hope this thread does not become about etops though . there are good people on that list . i just hope our peers will show us respect as we will to them. trust me we will not tell you how to do your jobs . you guys know that already. most of you know how i am and you know i do not roll that way. there are some out there however who need a little help on understanding somethings out there. heck , i need help sometimes too. i learn something new everyday out there on the line .polocies and procedures are always changing.new revisions and alert bulletins come out all the time that we cannot keep up.so we will be there to let you know what's going on and answer questions you may have.we cannot however help with any union related issues such as pay and work rules. that all has to be negotiated god knows when .we are just trying to make it a littel easier for our peers in the cabin thats all. and yes we will help with seat dupes as we are an extra set of hands onboard the a/c. look for me in may,april,and nov of 08.

Bill Lehman PHX

FUNNY! I just had Bill Lehman as my First Class flight attendant yesterday from SJO-PHX (San Jose, Costa Rica). He was definitely a good and adequate F FA, but the FA on the PHX-SJO leg, Peter, was definitely much better. Bill seemed very nice, professional, and attentive....yet he seemed to disappear sometimes for slightly prolonged periods of time. The guy I was sitting next to was asleep during meal service, so he didn't get his meal until everyone had already eaten and their trays taken when he woke up. Bill disappeared for a long while, and the guy next to me fell asleep again with his tray table down and his food tray on it after he finished his meal. It sat there for a really long time (as Bill had disappeared) and I had to go to the bathroom really badly, but couldn't get out with his tray and food like that, and I didn't want to wake up the sleeping guy next to me. I sat there about to pee my pants for 40 minutes until Bill made his appearance back into the cabin and took the tray. (I realize I could have ringed the call button, but I thought it was weird for me to ring it to have an FA come get someone else's stuff)

Anyway...as a passenger, I think this is a great idea. The reason being, if you are a FF flyer with an airline, the thing that really seems to get you is inconsistency. I know exactly how the entire flight should go...the annoucements...everything. So if there is any sort of inconsistency in a flight....be it a positive or negative....I notice it....and for some reason it irks me a little. Though Peter on the PHX-SJO leg was simply a great FA, no one made the announcement that the lavatory in the front is for FC passengers only, and there were about 5 passengers that came up during the flight. Do I really care and is it a big deal to me??? no. Did the FA probably just accidently forget?? yes. But does that sort of inconsistency for some reason bother me? Yes...and every time a coach passenger came up it kind of reminded me of the inconsistency again. And if they never made that sort of announcement ever, and coach passengers could use whatever lav they wanted...it wouldn't bother me at all....its just those inconsistencies...and this program I think..can ensure that more consistency is gained if the observers notice that something is sometimes overlooked, or not always consistent.

I actually think this is a good idea. There are some great F/As on that list. It will be nice to have an extra on the plane for seat dupes and service. Imagine! A C on the 190! An E on the 757! A D on the Airbuses and Dirty7s!

Etops is a great F/A, a class act, we need more like him... and he has a sense of humor.

Can they help with seat dupes? That's where we need the help right now. We don't need someone telling us how to clip on the cream and sugar cup onto the ice drawer. The list may have good names on it, but the only reason anyone is on the list is to get a "make-your-own" schedule for the 3 months while on the program. Oh, and that will be the day Etops coaches me on what is procedure while he is wearing that god forsaken 2 sizes too tight non-company issued vest. :rolleyes:

As as "westie" I don't know Etops, but I have to chuckle at everything else you say because it is spot on. Keep in mind those 3 months will be some of the most critically staffed months (for PHX), so to be able to "make your own schedule" is worth a lot.

On another note, just who exactly is "looking forward to this highly anticipated program"? I don't know about anyone else but the only thing I'd remotely consider something to look forward to around here is a da*n raise.

They don't all do it the same three months, it's year round with a couple people doing it each month.

Roger Holmin PHL
Janet Steinhauer PHL
two of usairway's FINEST!!
initially, i was skeptical of this program...
any f/a, either west or east, who interacts with either roger or janet will be a better professional because of it. they are top notch!! the best of the best!!

As as "westie" I don't know Etops, but I have to chuckle at everything else you say because it is spot on. Keep in mind those 3 months will be some of the most critically staffed months (for PHX), so to be able to "make your own schedule" is worth a lot.

On another note, just who exactly is "looking forward to this highly anticipated program"? I don't know about anyone else but the only thing I'd remotely consider something to look forward to around here is a da*n raise.

"As as "westie" I don't know Etops,"

he is a pain in the ass . stay away from him . :lol: :lol: lol.

have a good new year my friend. ;)

OK - Hate to be Debbie Downer here - but I find this really offensive. I KNOW how to do my da** job and I sure as he** don't need someone else monitoring me (even though it is "non punitive)". Tell you what - I'll be MUCH more receptive to this program when these people can:
1) Give me more than 10 meals in coach for a full flight 2) Work off the miracle of finding seats for a family of 6 seperated 3) remind catering that they did not provision correctly 4)remind the cleaners that they forgot to clean, 5)fix the broken drawers in the cart that are cutting my hands, 6) find me a crew hotel where I am guaranteed to have a CLEAN and quite rest, 6) deal with the delays personally - take the crew out of the equasion you after all there to "help", and the list goes on and on. As a Westie I see at least 3 names on that list from PHX - and I have to tell you that these 3 are on (if we had it) a NO FLY list. These 3 have terrible reputations - and 2 of them have had issues with AFA over what can only be called "questionable expenses" in dealing with their expense reports. It sounds like you have some great people on the east - and I hope to meet them. In the meantime - give me the tools to do my job and get these people off my frickin flight. I can do this job without Mom looking over my shoulder.

OK - Hate to be Debbie Downer here - but I find this really offensive. I KNOW how to do my da** job and I sure as he** don't need someone else monitoring me (even though it is "non punitive)". Tell you what - I'll be MUCH more receptive to this program when these people can:
1) Give me more than 10 meals in coach for a full flight 2) Work off the miracle of finding seats for a family of 6 seperated 3) remind catering that they did not provision correctly 4)remind the cleaners that they forgot to clean, 5)fix the broken drawers in the cart that are cutting my hands, 6) find me a crew hotel where I am guaranteed to have a CLEAN and quite rest, 6) deal with the delays personally - take the crew out of the equasion you after all there to "help", and the list goes on and on. As a Westie I see at least 3 names on that list from PHX - and I have to tell you that these 3 are on (if we had it) a NO FLY list. These 3 have terrible reputations - and 2 of them have had issues with AFA over what can only be called "questionable expenses" in dealing with their expense reports. It sounds like you have some great people on the east - and I hope to meet them. In the meantime - give me the tools to do my job and get these people off my frickin flight. I can do this job without Mom looking over my shoulder.
realx .. no one's looking over your shoulder . we are just there to help out if help is needed. like dupe seats .making sure you have all you need. but we are looking at safety procedures . to make sure everyone is on the same page with those procedures. you would be surprised how many f/a do not understand some of them . so don't be offended . that is not what we are there to do . i would not have joined this if it were. if you do not want our help. just simply say " i don't need your help" and we will back off. but we will be on your a/c so please respect our position which is the f/a position. other airlines have programs like this. it's been a long time coming . there will be punitive checkrides being done by your supervisors which will be coming after this. we just want to get you guys prepared for that. kinda like a heads up. 98% of you have nothing to worry about since you are by far the most professional group i have ever worked with .

The problem I have with programs like this is that it takes F/As off the line when they are needed. From what I undertsand, you can make your own schedule just as long as you come in with a certain amount of hours per month. We had F/As this month out doing monitor and challenge check rides that they finished up WAY before the Christmas week kicked off. So, as C/S was calling out every RSV and their brother and sending them right back out again after their minimum in base rest, those who did monitor/challenge were sitting at home......

Critical months with holidays, ALL check rides or whatever they're called should be STOPPED and these people should be out flying the line like everyone else.

The problem I have with programs like this is that it takes F/As off the line when they are needed. From what I undertsand, you can make your own schedule just as long as you come in with a certain amount of hours per month. We had F/As this month out doing monitor and challenge check rides that they finished up WAY before the Christmas week kicked off. So, as C/S was calling out every RSV and their brother and sending them right back out again after their minimum in base rest, those who did monitor/challenge were sitting at home......

Critical months with holidays, ALL check rides or whatever they're called should be STOPPED and these people should be out flying the line like everyone else.
it's only 39 f/a but your right . we should be able to cover short trips. i will send in that suggestion. thanks

Latest posts