Preliminary FA Recall Acceptance Numbers

Kirkpatrick,

Which group are you in? Do you have a training date and assigned base yet?

I'm in the first group and the first training class, 9/24 through 10/18. Bases should be assigned before the first class begins. I've requested LGA, and don't think I'll have any problem getting it with my seniority within both groups combined, which is how they're doing it. We go on line 11/13, so I'll probably grace Home Depot with my presence for a couple of weeks during the "dead time" between training and actually flying.

MK

It's not official, but here are the preliminary numbers from the recent recall of 460 FA's:
Here's the latest:

Of the 460 Furloughed Flight Attendants recalled, 393 accepted the offer of reemployment. For the first wave, 260 were offered reemployment and 220 accepted. These APFA members will report to base on November 13. Of the 200 offered recall effective December 18, 2007, a total of 173 accepted. For more information go to the Recall page of the APFA Web site.

MK

Here's the latest:

Of the 460 Furloughed Flight Attendants recalled, 393 accepted the offer of reemployment. For the first wave, 260 were offered reemployment and 220 accepted. These APFA members will report to base on November 13. Of the 200 offered recall effective December 18, 2007, a total of 173 accepted. For more information go to the Recall page of the APFA Web site.

MK
Welcome back !!! Hope to fly with you....

Kirkpatrick,

I will never get tired of REPEATING this thought to you.

Your "hanging in there", and soon to be battling Long Island traffic, makes my ol' retired heart...VERY HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not official, but here are the preliminary numbers from the recent recall of 460 FA's:

375 accepted recall

- 211 for 11/13 group
- 164 for 12/18 group

42 Declined

- 23 from 11/13 group
- 19 from 12/18 group

43 did not respond

- 26 from 11/13 group
- 17 from 12/18 group

When will they start hiring off the street??????????

Unless proposed legislation changes things, AA is not able to hire people while there are folks still on furlough. The last furlough group will lose their recall rights in July of 08, if they are not recalled sooner.

Kirkpatrick,

I will never get tired of REPEATING this thought to you.

Your "hanging in there", and soon to be battling Long Island traffic, makes my ol' retired heart...VERY HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, nothing like bumper to bumper on the southern state and that bad traffic jam when it hits the cross island on the way to the parking lot known as the Belt. Good news is when you come that way in the morning you can get off at Rockaway and hit the dunkin' donuts at the exxon for coffee and an egg sandwich on the way to the FA and pilot lot. Welcome back and thanks for the good reporting about the furlough and retirement numbers.

Hopefully after all furloughed are offered the opportunity to return. Many have more that 20 years experience on the line.
Well if the five year cut off date is changed, AA will have to offer emlpoyment to every flight attendant who in the past has let the five year date pass . This five year cut off is not just realated to the furloughed F/As but also stands for other issues as well, ie medical , unauthorized leaves.. etc. Basically no matter what the reason is, you get 5 years and when that time is up , it's up no matter what. It's a company wide policy that has been in place prior to the aquisition and is industry standard.

Well if the five year cut off date is changed, AA will have to offer emlpoyment to every flight attendant who in the past has let the five year date pass . This five year cut off is not just realated to the furloughed F/As but also stands for other issues as well, ie medical , unauthorized leaves.. etc. Basically no matter what the reason is, you get 5 years and when that time is up , it's up no matter what. It's a company wide policy that has been in place prior to the aquisition and is industry standard.

Not if it is done with an NPNR Letter of Agreement. It can be tailored specifically to those affected by the horrible events of 9-11. TWA had a 7 year recall and other airlines made acceptions because of 9-11. Industry standard is not something you want to be "flag waving" about because the Co could also say "wages", work rules, and benefits" all should be industry standard instead of industry leading. Also, other work groups on the property have either extended or unlimited recall. Unequal treatment of a predominately female workforce...hummm.

Back