RECALL of Council 70 President! Merged Topics

A LOT has happened since then. Many now will stand up and be heard. It has NEVER been this bad before. People are fed up. Starting with the whole local 70 crap and so on. You can bet that the next vote for anything will have a larger turnout.

A LOT has happened since then. Many now will stand up and be heard. It has NEVER been this bad before. People are fed up. Starting with the whole local 70 crap and so on. You can bet that the next vote for anything will have a larger turnout.
You're right it is bad. The entire membership in PHL is suffering. I just don't believe crucifing LA will make this situation any better. How about all current elected officials in PHL resign. Then they can hold a new election and start with fresh people. The best thing that could possibly come from this with any hope is everyone that is on this band wagon, will start supporting the union, stay involved, and keep your leadership working for them.

You're right it is bad. The entire membership in PHL is suffering. I just don't believe crucifing LA will make this situation any better. How about all current elected officials in PHL resign. Then they can hold a new election and start with fresh people. The best thing that could possibly come from this with any hope is everyone that is on this band wagon, will start supporting the union, stay involved, and keep your leadership working for them.
What? First you say to have all PHL elected officials resign, and then you say to "keep our leadership working for them."(which makes no sense gramatically as well...)

Band wagon? We have a very clear picture of what is happening in the entire system, not just PHL, and will make sure that we are heard on 10/30. Thanks for your support.... :rolleyes:

What? First you say to have all PHL elected officials resign, and then you say to "keep our leadership working for them."(which makes no sense gramatically as well...)

Band wagon? We have a very clear picture of what is happening in the entire system, not just PHL, and will make sure that we are heard on 10/30. Thanks for your support.... :rolleyes:
YES, I am saying all the current elected officals in PHL should resign over this circus. YES, I am saying for all of the members who have jumped on this band wagon to oust LA, should stay involved in AFA once the dust settles, and keep the leadership working for them (the members)or would you prefer I say keep the leadership working for you. Obviously I mean whatever leadership we end up with.

Where were all these people when we were fighting the company for contracts? Where were these people when they had to the chance to vote for the leadership that is in PHL right now?

As far as my support, I am well aware of whats going on in PHL as well as system wide. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

YES, I am saying all the current elected officals in PHL should resign over this circus. YES, I am saying for all of the members who have jumped on this band wagon to oust LA, should stay involved in AFA once the dust settles, and keep the leadership working for them (the members)or would you prefer I say keep the leadership working for you. Obviously I mean whatever leadership we end up with.

Where were all these people when we were fighting the company for contracts? Where were these people when they had to the chance to vote for the leadership that is in PHL right now?

As far as my support, I am well aware of whats going on in PHL as well as system wide. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Things are a mess because the PHL president has caused it to be so.

Council 70 could have had a meeting, officially requested, months ago.
(Perhaps you do not understand that such a meeting simply determines whether a recall ballot is to be sent out to the entire membership.)

Instead, the President procrastinated. The MEC Chairman, fearing he would not become a combined MEC president if the President of Council 70 were recalled, appealed to AFA Intl. They, in turn, ruled that the Constitution and Bylaws stating how to call such a special meeting, had not been used in months, therefore, they "arbitrarily" ruled that one third of the base needed to sign a petition to call such a meeting. That takes time.

Nobody is counting their "chickens". If the base wants a lazy, lying President who calls management and tells them to fire her clients or tells a reserve that they have used up their dues for that month, that is certainly their right.

and, apparently you have no idea what is going on, neither in PHL nor system-wide.

I would really like to know why Laura has not tried to explain herself. If she has not broken any rules and has NEVER treated any of her flight attendants the way it has been told why not explain? As a president she DOES have to explain herself. Instead she chose to hide and dodge the charges. She has only made herself look guilty. She has flown all those ETB hours which DID take away from reserves that could have had it along with blockholders. Though legal in some instances it was unethical and should not have been done. She STILL does it. Whether there was a lockout or not she has explained NOTHING to her members. So THIS shall NOT be let go. Everyone DOES need to stay involved after the dust settles (she is ousted) and move on with our struggles. There is important things going on right now but this Local 70 president stuff is right in our backyard and the cleaning starts HERE! ! ! ! Laura, you's got some 'splanin to do girl.... :lol:

I would really like to know why Laura has not tried to explain herself. If she has not broken any rules and has NEVER treated any of her flight attendants the way it has been told why not explain? As a president she DOES have to explain herself. Instead she chose to hide and dodge the charges. She has only made herself look guilty. She has flown all those ETB hours which DID take away from reserves that could have had it along with blockholders. Though legal in some instances it was unethical and should not have been done. She STILL does it. Whether there was a lockout or not she has explained NOTHING to her members. So THIS shall NOT be let go. Everyone DOES need to stay involved after the dust settles (she is ousted) and move on with our struggles. There is important things going on right now but this Local 70 president stuff is right in our backyard and the cleaning starts HERE! ! ! ! Laura, you's got some 'splanin to do girl.... :lol:
I don't think she has made herself look guilty by saying nothing. I think she has made herself look like the smarter of the two by not slinging mud in this thread. I don't think this forum is the place for her to have to explain anything to anyone. I suspect the union meeting will be that time and place, if given the opportunity. I do not know LA or TG, however, I have been very quietly observing over the past few months. TG has been less then professional with her rantings and ravings. It hasn't made a good impression. LA has not been bashing her or anyone else in this thread. I am not saying she is a saint, neither is her VP. I certainly agree, she has a lot of explaining to do, those attending the meeting need to sit back an allow her to speak. After all everyone has been listening to TG for the past 3 months, LA has said nothing. There are 2 sides to all stories.

Well how could she be posting as president anyway? She certainly shouldn't be posting while in office and she certainly can't post when at home since she is always on ETB trips to Europe. I didn't say she had to sling mud on usaviation but she SHOULD have explained herself as to what all this meant through an eline to explain to her dues paying members. Remaining silent does not make you the smarter one but the guilty one hiding. I will be there first hand to hear how she is going to make reason for what she has done.

Well how could she be posting as president anyway? She certainly shouldn't be posting while in office and she certainly can't post when at home since she is always on ETB trips to Europe. I didn't say she had to sling mud on usaviation but she SHOULD have explained herself as to what all this meant through an eline to explain to her dues paying members. Remaining silent does not make you the smarter one but the guilty one hiding. I will be there first hand to hear how she is going to make reason for what she has done.
Maybe she should have, I don't know, but holding her tongue and not bashing TG an others does not make her look guilty. What I do know is I am not crazy about the person moving up into LA position if she is recalled. I do not believe for a second that she is Mother Theresa.

I guess it will all come out in the wash as granny use to say.

.... but holding her tongue and not bashing TG an others does not make her look guilty.

Looks like you don't get the Council 70 e-lines.

In fact, that is one of the ethics charges levied against her, that of using flight attendant resources to smear other officers.

At least, on this forum, nobody is keeping the P. of Council 70 from defending herself.

I don't think she has made herself look guilty by saying nothing. I think she has made herself look like the smarter of the two by not slinging mud in this thread. I don't think this forum is the place for her to have to explain anything to anyone. I suspect the union meeting will be that time and place, if given the opportunity. I do not know LA or TG, however, I have been very quietly observing over the past few months. TG has been less then professional with her rantings and ravings. It hasn't made a good impression. LA has not been bashing her or anyone else in this thread. I am not saying she is a saint, neither is her VP. I certainly agree, she has a lot of explaining to do, those attending the meeting need to sit back an allow her to speak. After all everyone has been listening to TG for the past 3 months, LA has said nothing. There are 2 sides to all stories.
LA is smarter because she has not posted on this board where very few FA's are active?

You're right, this board is NOT the place to explain anything to anyone. The meeting LA should have had 4 MONTHS AGO would have been the best place. Spare me, she is in hiding, plain and simple, and it would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.....

You do not know LA or TG, that is very obvious.

Why do you say TG is not a saint? You do not know her. You know her work, or the the good she has done for many? Or are you just going by what you hear on this "factual" board?

TG is unprofessional with her rantings and ravings? Have you seen some of LA's replies to FA's via email? You will see them Monday. Then, we will talk unprofessional.

Remember, as you said above proudfa, there are 2 sides to every story. ;)

Hate to burst your bubble but I have PM's from someone who identifies herself as the LEC Pres in PHL, would you like me to forward them to you?

PM's or public posts constitute activity. NEXT?
I am sure that LA cruises these boards as well. I was responding to a previous post, saying that LA is not necessarily "smarter" because she does not post on here. I have no idea if she does or does not, and I really do not care either way.

Maybe you meant to quote proudfa's post??

I just find it amazing that before the pot really began to thicken there were Laura supporters all over this board. You can hardly find one now because even some of her OWN FRIENDS know the qwack is guilty as sin. She only put out an E-line that was misleading and certainly not factual. That was not allowed in itself. She has let ALL of her membership in PHL down. She certainly DOES have to own up to her mistakes. No I take that back they are not mistakes since she knowingly did all that she did. Is she going to sit there and say she's sorry? She has NEVER tried to right the charges against her. She is an embarrasment to labor and certainly to the already pathetic AFA. She needs to be gone like YESTERDAY. And even then it's not soon enough. As I stated before there is a lot of cleaning this company needs and that goes for company and union. Well for us in PHL it starts right here in our own back yard. Start packing sister your plane is ready to depart. :up: