Routes after merger?

Well...IF this merger goes through(and it's certainly looking more and more like it will)...MHT will FINALLY have AA service,...FINALLY !

Two routes AA Must fly out of a (hypothetical) MHT would be...MHT/JFK (most likely either A/E or a US E-jet). The NEXT should be..MHT/MIA.
I'm not positive they would fly MHT/DFW, but they should since DFW will divert a lot of east coast flyers, with western destinations, away from PHX. Now as for ORD, well WN is solid to MDW, and UA is strong MHT/ORD !

I see a shuttle service starting between ORD-PHL. Hourly service much like US BOS-DCA, BOS-LGA, LGA-DCA and PHL-BOS.

I see a morning PHL-LHR flight. I hope we operate this, though, I'm sure BA may go with it.

Regardless what happens in what order, there are endless possibilities for new routes & city pairs in time.

I see a shuttle service starting between ORD-PHL. Hourly service much like US BOS-DCA, BOS-LGA, LGA-DCA and PHL-BOS.

Right now, I see seven daily ORD-PHL frequencies by each, roughly on the same schedule, weighted toward mornings and late afternoons (with a couple of mid-day flights). If there's business demand that can fill hourly shuttle-like flights, then sure. But maybe what happens instead is seven daily frequencies on larger planes. Right now, most of the 14 combined flights are on 2-class regional jets with a couple of mainline planes thrown in. Perhaps the optimal solution would be 7 daily flights on 757s or A321s. That solution would basically double the First Class seat counts and double the economy capacity. That would free up a lot of 2-class RJ capacity that could be used elsewhere. I'll leave that to the experts.

Just a side point, what will happen to Piedmont? Three Dash-100's come up on cycle limits this year and the pilots and flight attendants still in labor talks. Will this be the move that dismantles Piedmont? It would mean the dropping of some small cities,like Hilton head and maybe a few more.
I don't see growth for PHL, it appears to have reached its limit of daily flights,runway constrained and no room to grow.

From what I have been told, Piedmont hasn't been included in any of the merger discussions, so you may draw your own conclusion based upon that.

if they havent i can only think that its possible they may very well end flying ops and or become a ground services or go out of business but a lot of small cities would be affected where they serve places like sby cho etc

I know I asked it earlier, but I haven't really gotten an answer yet. Does anyone know how soon non revs would be allowed to fly on AA's routes?

Latest posts