Routes after merger?

true do you think phx will still keep some nonstops such as phx to bwi dca lga-weekends only) as well as san to dca weekend only as well as flights to hubs and other destinations but not on the scale of say what they have now but say may be half of that

As I'm sure that you know, Sabre is and has been used by US on the operational side since 1999. We also used Sabre on the Res side until the merger with HP, and for some reason they went with Shares instead. This IMO was a huge mistake, but that's all in the past. As far as I know, there is no connection between the 2 systems.

I have it from high sources in Amadeus that US has already been looking at that to replaces Shares, and AA has been wanting to dump Sabre for a while (since they don't own it anymore.) SWA is going Amadeus in part so they can charge for checked bags...the system they have in place does not have the infrastructure to handle charging for bags. So, their bragging that "Bags fly free" is a bit empty. They fly free because they have no way of charging and keeping track of the transaction.

hahahaha i know i know... It's just too much fun!!! But seriously, you don't think it will happen?

At this point I am torn between 2 scenarios. I really hope you merge because it is getting rather sad seeing Parker make a fool of himself in the merger arena. On the other hand from the US pilot discussions the merger with west wasn't exactly a stroll in the park. To outsiders it seems that Parker is NOT labor friendly, and that he uses labor issues to his advantage.

Reactions: 1 person
Heavy focus will be on buliding our Asian presence. I would expect to see Japan, China, Australia and points all around.

Actually WN's move is to fly international, their current system isnt set up nor is it capable of international reservations and such, that is why AirTran is still flying all the International routes.

Here is an interesting problem, PHL-TLV is one of US' most profitable routes, there is talk about adding a second daily round trip, if US and AA merge what will happen since AA cant fly to TLV as the plane will get seized from a judgment in a lawsuit from the former TLV based TWA employees.

Here is an interesting problem, PHL-TLV is one of US' most profitable routes, there is talk about adding a second daily round trip, if US and AA merge what will happen since AA cant fly to TLV as the plane will get seized from a judgment in a lawsuit from the former TLV based TWA employees.

I remember reading somewhere that the judgment in Israel by the ex-TWA employees is against TWA and the TLV employees were rejected by US courts when they attempted to domesticate the judgment against AA (in New York or New Jersey).

If it's a concern, US can just write them a check as it was only something like $15 million in 2001 which can't be much north of $30 million to $45 million now with interest.

I wonder if they filed a motion in their current Chapter 11 case to void the judgment.

I don't recall seeing anything about it. In any event, there's no judgment against AA, either in Israel or the US, rather one against TWA. AA handed TWA a few hundred million in cash at the closing in April, 2001, so those former employees should have attempted to satisfy their judgment against the TWA bankruptcy estate.

Since AA bought TWA, I believe the TLV based employees sued AA and won, that is why AA doesnt fly there.

But I am not sure if that is correct or not.

I though that this judgement has kept AA out of there for all of this time. They most likely would have had to pay something off in order to operate there.

I though that this judgement has kept AA out of there for all of this time. They most likely would have had to pay something off in order to operate there.

And if TLV was the money-tree that everyone says it is, then they would have simply written a check and paid everyone off. That leads me to think that Arpey may have had other reasons for not flying to TLV. CO spent more than $40 million per LHR slot pair in 2008 so that the LGW flights could move to LHR. So the ex-TWA TLV employees were no more expensive than a slot pair at LHR.

If you look US flies an A330-200 from PHL, DL flies a 747-400 from JFK and CO flies I think two 777s a day from EWR.

i thought i read on a google article recently that if an aa plane flew to tlv they would seize it until compensation is made or arrangements are made which would explain why they dont fly there 700 i do believe you are correct in your post that the twa folks did sue aa in israelie court but am not sure if they also did it in ny i think el al also flies a 777 to tlv from ewr

Latest posts