Seat Malfunctions in Envoy?

I have said it before and I'll say it again. They try to insult your intelligence. You listen to explanations such as the winglets on the 757. That captain said that they did the cost analysis when fuel was in the 40's a barrel. Look where oil is today. Then mgmt goes on to say that they are going install winglets on ALL of the 757's that will be here "long term". They have to do a cost analysis and look at the stage lengths that these aircraft will fly. Well duuuuuh are you NOT going to use them for int'l ops for the majority of their flying since you're going to ETOPS these same planes? Of course your gonna use them on longer stage lengths. The price of the winglets hasn't changed all that much but the cost of fuel sure has. Anyway....they are just yahoo crackers.

Now the seats are bad and HAVE been from day one but do they continue with the next airplane? Yep sure do. Does that make an OUNCE of sense? Oh WAIT then Isom goes on to say they had to compromise either seat width or aisle width. Didn't the company just say that the aisles are the SAME as before? MORONS on so many levels. :blink:

If you have access to the Hub click this link. Go to the video SEAT ISSUES

http://thehub.usairways.com/news/crewnews/...deo_0020808.htm
this is worth watching, actually--it demonstrably depicts HP management's attitude towards fflyers: isom prefaces his response regarding the seats by saying something along the lines of: yes, we are upgrading our envoy seats. he then pauses and ROLLS HIS EYES!!!!

many thanks for posting this link! i can't wait to show it to betty!!

<SNIP> [tempe_drone]I have added one of your First Class/Envoy Class Chairman's Preferred upgrades back into your bank for yourself and a companion to be used before the end of the benefit year.[/tempe_drone]
Congratulations, you’ve been selected to try another round of “Do You Feel Lucky?â€￾

Just another Vegas-style game, similar to what the employees have been playing like “Hat Trickâ€￾ and “Triple Play Bonus Bucksâ€￾.

I called the Consumer Relations Department. They offered me $150 voucher for my troubles. He said US is only responsible for getting me from point A to point B. I said this is your PREMIUM PRODUCT. He said again sorry but we are a transportation company.

I feel sick!

Please tell me your joking? They actually said that to you? You paid HOW MUCH for your "transportation" from point A to B? :shock:

Yes travel pro that is exactly what they told me. They guy on the phone was actually really nice. He said to me he wishes he could do more however, upper management has told them that this is all they can offer.

I bought two tickets. One with 80,000 miles and the other with cash. The one with cash was $1,600 which was a coach fare so I used my CP cert for that.

He also said that they are not allowed to give back any miles what so ever. Since they got me from point A to point B the miles can't be given back.

I would have been better off flying in coach and more comfortable.

One wonders where a company that treats their customer like this is headed. I mean do they KNOW that it is customers that pay the bills? Thats like a cashier telling you tuff $h!t when you ask for a bag after buying groceries. We're a company that SELLS groceries not packages them. Usairways is a joke and they are chasing away high fare fliers one after the other. I sure hope these new fliers that "bought" their status bring as much cash in. :rolleyes:

I called the Consumer Relations Department. They offered me $150 voucher for my troubles. He said US is only responsible for getting me from point A to point B. I said this is your PREMIUM PRODUCT. He said again sorry but we are a transportation company.

I feel sick!

I am absolutely aghast that someone working in Customer Relations would say such a thing to a customer. (But I do believe you are telling the truth!)

But they can sell you something at a premium price, and have no accountability when they deliver something far inferior to what you paid for?

And to make matters worse: The joke will be on you (again) when the voucher becomes impossible to redeem....or at least not worth the time it will take to redeem it!

Latest posts