Teamster's Card Drive Successful?

OldGuy@AA

Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Tulsa
Recieved a text today (from Raptorman most likely) that claimed the Teamsters had 60% of M&R cards signed and are ready to file for an election. I have not seen this anywhere else. Does anyone have any information? I am not convinced this is true.

Recieved a text today (from Raptorman most likely) that claimed the Teamsters had 60% of M&R cards signed and are ready to file for an election. I have not seen this anywhere else. Does anyone have any information? I am not convinced this is true.
Don't be fooled by some emotional stooge, Teamsters spokesman Bill Wheeler claimed they would be filing in January, now they want to feed you sugar (cake) and claim they have only conquered Tulsa. Line still tells them to pound sand. Watch for more AMFA information soon.

Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't find anything about it on the teamster's website so I had my doubts. You gotta figure if it was true they would be bragging about it.

Oldguy@AA

If it were true don't you think the line stations would know as well since it would take a big part of them to sign as well.

I am telling you that here in Miami there are the title II mechanics and only a few a/c mechnics that have signed cards for the IBT, over 90% of the aircraft maintenance mechanics have signed AMFA cards.
I am sure if you asked others from around the system would tell you the same thing.

The only reason we have not filed for a vote is that we need cards from T-Town. As soon as the TWU screws enough guy's in T-town the cards will be signed to vote in AMFA NOT the ibt.

Have the IBT guys tell you just how many members of the TWU have signed, since they now have enough as they claim

If they also have that percentage when will they file?

Oldguy@AA

If it were true don't you think the line stations would know as well since it would take a big part of them to sign as well.

I am telling you that here in Miami there are the title II mechanics and only a few a/c mechnics that have signed cards for the IBT, over 90% of the aircraft maintenance mechanics have signed AMFA cards.
I am sure if you asked others from around the system would tell you the same thing.

The only reason we have not filed for a vote is that we need cards from T-Town. As soon as the TWU screws enough guy's in T-town the cards will be signed to vote in AMFA NOT the ibt.

Have the IBT guys tell you just how many members of the TWU have signed, since they now have enough as they claim

If they also have that percentage when will they file?

I can also assume the TWU will soon be mounting a defence to stop this since they would loose all of the DUES.

Can you really think of a time here at AA when the TWU did not need or want your DUES?

Well I am also considering the source of the text and it wouldn't surprise me that it was total fabrication.

Well I am also considering the source of the text and it wouldn't surprise me that it was total fabrication.

Here is an IBT paid organizers tel# if you want the truth about the card count.

If anyone would know it would be him his name is BOB

# 202-439-6673

Here is an IBT paid organizers tel# if you want the truth about the card count.

If anyone would know it would be him his name is BOB

# 202-439-6673
ROFLMAO Like we should believe BOB the IBT organizer after the big "we will open your contract" LIE? Are we really that Gullible? Why would you give the IBT Organizers phone # here? Who side are you on?

ROFLMAO Like we should believe BOB the IBT organizer after the big "we will open your contract" LIE? Are we really that Gullible? Why would you give the IBT Organizers phone # here? Who side are you on?
If they keep coming and knocking on our front doors, why not start calling them??

The teamster card drive, uhm, excuse me, teamster's interference attempt, has now solidly been noted to be in the pastry stage. With appointed pastry delivery sell outs picking up said flour confections the teamsters/twu are busy complaining to management that AMFA organizers aren't allowed to speak with AMTs on the property. It seems as if the teamsters/twu do not feel the membership can handle the truth about what true democracy in a craft union offers.

Several AMFA organizers flew to LAX and speak with AMTs there only to have people like Jim Witt gloat that AMFA organizers wouldn't get to step foot on company property. Oh, the twu/teamster tools only help the AMFA drive with each utterance and each negative vocal sound they make about AMFA.

Louie Key, AMFA National Director, was with us and as we spoke to AMTs as they were either leaving work or coming to work they would stop and sign AMFA authorization cards. Even guys wearing a teamster lanyard signed cards and exchanged their lanyards for AMFA lanyards. With the temperature hovering around the mid 30s AMTs were surprised to see AMFA's National Director out talking to them. That is the difference between AMFA and the twu/teamsters... accountability! You would NEVER see jim little or other appointed officials talking about the reasons why their industrial union is better than a craft union. Why should they? It's not like they are running to be elected.

Thanks again for the fearful tactics of the twu/teamsters in attempting to prevent the membership from hearing facts and truth.

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 3 people
I am ready to vote for anyone but the twu. Just so fed up with the twu I would give anything to get them off the property even if it is a worse union. "Spite" and its all i got left

This is a copy of an Email forwarded to me by a United mechanic. This was sent to many UAL Mechanics.

All,

Here's an update. I've received a number questions, and will follow up with answers in the coming days to help you make decisions.

In my opinion, with regard to seniority integration only, we made as much progress as the people in the building across the street from us -- the US House of Representatives. The International did make progress, however, by clearing the path for expedited negotiations with the hope to have a contract by March 31st. They achieved this goal by having the Principal Officers of each local agree to NOT assist sCAL group financially with any lawsuit which may arise from combining the sUAL and sCAL groups into a furlough list based on date of hire and regardless of any time spent on furlough. In addition ,
the PO's voted to NOT assist financially w/ arbitration for a rank ratio of craft date (shift bidding).

Quite simply, one legal entity , (the IBT) cannot represent two antagonistic parties. I asked IBT attorney Ed Gleason if a lawsuit paid for by the rank and file would delay a new contract. He said it would not. But if just one local had agreed to back their sCAL members financially (with our very own dues), then the contract talks could stall -- because officers of the IBT would then be involved.
Of course, we assumed all along that the IBT would not/could not pay for a legal challenge to the CD . Yesterday's meeting confirmed their position.

The National SIC has meetings scheduled to combine the 11,000 names onto one list for furlough/recall using date of hire and a list for craft date with
many adjustments and verifications required. It will take months.

Paying for legal representation is the next hurdle, if , we at sCAL
want to protect the interests of our
majority --because, as you know, the majority at every s CAL hub
voted for Relative Seniority.

I am busy helping combine 11,000 names on a seniority list, so
I will not serve as a treasurer or collect the $ needed. However, since my constituents
voted overwhelmingly to take this to court, even if it takes years, I will
gladly do my part financially. For simplicity, I suggest each hub elect
a treasurer knowing the costs for litigation can be $20k per month.
the goal would be to have 1,000 coworkers contribute $20 per month.
Failing that goal, 500 people pay $40 per month.
All of our pay-stubs show we received $250 year to date for on time
bonuses. That is a good measure of how much it could cost per
person if 1,000 people system wide contributed, and that is perhaps a way to sell
this important mission. I will contribute $250 up front to establish a war chest if needed.
Now I am asking for your help. We need to elect an individual trusted to control the bank account for CLE. with 24/7 deposit transfer access for all contributors.

Know this: The pilots were just offered a TA on Monday with pay increases of 30 -60% and furlough protection.
We've seen these deals in the past , and with a fiscal cliff looming, and uncertain oil prices, that looks like history may repeat itself
at some point: Bankruptcy can never be ruled out. Therefore, don't think that a "no layoff clause" has any value in bankruptcy.

How a seniority list is constructed is the only thing that survives a bankruptcy. Fight for Rank Ratio or roll over for Date of Hire -- you choose.
Joining this cause to push for a rank ratio furlough list not only could save your fellow coworkers jobs at sCAL, but it may
preserve a culture which makes coming to work more than just bearable. Unfortunately , even after a joint contract, our sUAL coworkers may feel
reparations are still owed to them. I can't blame them for all they have been through. Both sides have excellent arguments relating to a combined furlough list for which a court ruling seems justified . I'm not sold on several opinion letters form law firms that imply to sCAL "you can't win".

See below for info from a Law Firm in Chicago, Goldman and Ehrlich sent today.

Regards,
??????????? (name rmvd)
HGR 2
SA SU MO TU Graves

???????????? (name rmvd)
Goldman & Ehrlich
19 South La Salle Street, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60603

It would be very difficult to attack the consent decree by eliminating
it altogether without the assistance of both United and or the union.
There would also be a question of what is referred to as "standing",
meaning your right to eliminate the consent decree.
It would be relatively easier to seek to amend it so all of you are not
adversely affected. Which is not to say this would be easy.
As to cost, I would anticipate an initial retainer fee of $20,000. We
bill at $350/hour.
My guess is that there would be an initial round of motions attempting
to dismiss our complaint for various legal reasons. This would eat
into, but probably not completely use up the retainer.
Assuming we prevail and can proceed further, the time table and expense
depends on whether all the parties continue to fight us, or reluctantly
go along or do not object to our efforts.
If we are in for a fight the whole way, there will be some months when
we have expended an additional $20,000 to $30,000, and there will be
some months when the additional costs are less than $2000, and sometimes
there may be only a few hundred dollars in fees. So, the fees and costs
each month will fluctuate a great deal.

??????????????????
Goldman & Ehrlich
19 South La Salle Street, Suite 1500
Chicago, Illinois 60603

Something to think about before you Sign a IBT / Teamsters Card...

AMFA may or May Not be our saving Union BUT we all agree that the TWU MUST BE Removed.

The Line stations think that AMFA is the way to GO, We are waiting on the Tulsa Mechanics to join us in the removal of the TWU.

We got another BAD Deal from AA and the TWU which we have to live with for yrs to come.

Our next contract will negotiated on all the concessions we have given up. Ask your self do YOU want the TWU around when its time for us to get a NEW Contract.

I for one am NOT, so sign a card for (AMFA) the IBT will not file since NON of the line stations support them.

Title II mechanics need to do your home work ask what is going on at UAL and CAL, see what happened at SWA and NWA.

Get all the info lets get OUR wage earning potential Back, separate from the Fleet service and stores get a Union who represents US, the mechanics of the airline.

Things to consider before supporting the Teamsters.

At UAL/CAL the Teamsters asked to take over the frozen pensions of the AMT's without input from the affected members.

AA's pensions are currently frozen. Do you think that the Teamsters will pass up the opportunity to get a hold of OUR pension money?

The Teamsters has a reputation of union run Pensions being in the red.

Teamasters Union dues are more than the TWU and AMFA.

We have not seen a pay raise in years. We are losing buying power. We can not even
keep up with the basic cost of living. Why give more of YOUR money to the Teamsters?

If the Teamsters are so powerful in the ATD division then ask them why the UAL/CAL AMT's are not in the same local as the only other AMT's, UPS. The UAL/CAL AMT's are in other industrial locals. How do we apply strength in numbers for the AMT's with the Teamsters if they can not get all the AMT's together in one local?

With the Teamsters we DO NOT get our own Aircraft Maintenance local.
We get thrown in with the other locals which has members that have nothing to do with our profession.

Do you want to risk what is left of our frozen pensions in the hands of the Teamsters who are on record of embezzlement of union pensions?

Is this what you really want? Support the Teamsters and you will get exactly this.
The Teamsters is worse than the TWU and you will pay more money for less.
If you really want to rid yourself of the TWU then the only choice for our profession is AMFA. Sign a card and lets get this over with once and for all.

Reactions: 3 people
It would be a huge mistake to let the teamsters get their hooks into your pension money.

Huge mistake.

Reactions: 5 people