To Usa320pilot

Doc

Veteran
Jul 15, 2003
I was wondering with all your cutting and pasteing if the company has hit the right number for us in customer service. So I will ask you is 13.10 an hour low enough for you.

What I think is if that is the number for us …..what should yours be …come on and tell us what you think you rate of pay should be don’t beat around just give it some thought and tell us straight…………PLEASE… I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ……IM NOT KIDDING..

This guys has been riding us to take a hit to save his $@% now I want to know if my poverty will make him happy

Doc said:
This guys has been riding us to take a hit to save his $@% now I want to know if my poverty will make him happy
It really doesn't matter what your "numbers" are in the Grand Scheme According to Bronner. $13.10/hr or $113.10/hr it matters not. Because the Transformation Plan going forward is smoke and mirrors at best.

How much could the company have saved in the past two years by implementing non-labor cost saving iniatiatives immediately. Nothing in any labor contact would have stopped them from achieving this.

The Plan is .......there is NO plan. Just decimate labor to, as you say, to poverty wage levels. And then morph Mainline to non-existence.

Would a company that expects to remain a going concern really accept massive flight cancellations for lack of crews (PSA) or allow its valued customers to be subjected to long waits in line or on hold for RES. This is a CUSTOMER SERVICE business. Because of lack of or misallocation of resources that is what U customers are getting "The Business!"

Good luck and don't give an inch.

Doc:

The issue is not what I think is the correct amount the issue is what does the company need from all of us to compete.

US Airways is just like any other company where the market dictates the winners and losers. For example, should IBM or Sears pay their employees above market rates and then not be able to turn a profit? Look what Dell Computer and Home Depot did to those legacy companies.

I do not like the fact that LCC and Express employees are willing to work for less pay and benefits than you and I, but they are. Therefore, how can any legacy carrier compete when most of their other costs are fixed?

I recognize the LCC business model is different with point-to-point flying, one fleet type (this is about to change), no expensive hubs, and no heavy aircraft maintenance, but every company must compete across-the-board or the high cost operator will fail.

Let me ask you this, the US Airways pilot group has given more than other employee group in the history of commercial aviation. The pilots represent 10% of the employees, 30% of the labor expense, and provided 60% of the givebacks. In addition, the pilots have been the only employee group to hit its target concession twice and to have its pension terminated. Following these concessions management is now seeking more from the pilots than any other labor group (again) and even more pension concessions so the pilot’s labor expense is less than America West Airlines pilots.

Is that enough or should ALPA give more? I want to know, should ALPA give more or less than management is asking so the US Airways pilot costs can match the LCC's pilot costs, including seniority?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

From what I was told, per my last trip, by a F/O. If the pilots concede to 12 1/2% pay cut, but then are able to fly up to 90-95, this will make up for the pay reduction. So what is the GIVE???

I just see a couple less days to play with toys and spending time with all the kids by all the ex's. :rolleyes:

That was bad of me...wasn't it??? :p :p

Doc:

One more point…

I want you and every other employee to have the highest pay and benefits possible. Bruce Lakefield told ALPA on July 17 that the company may default on the loan guarantee on September 30. Moreover, Lakefield has said that US Airways must cut $1.5 billion in annual costs by September to avoid another possible bankruptcy filing.

If the company enters into bankruptcy then what will happen?

My point is simple. I believe it’s in the best interests of every employee to negotiate cost competitive contracts and to have job with pay and benefits than just unemployment. Then if necessary, the employee can look for a new job without the financial pressure of being unemployed and with virtually nothing.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Ktflyhome:

Ktflyhome said: “From what I was told, per my last trip, by a F/O. If the pilots concede to 12 1/2% pay cut, but then are able to fly up to 90-95, this will make up for the pay reduction. So what is the GIVE???I just see a couple less days to play with toys and spending time with all the kids by all the ex's. That was bad of me...wasn't it???

USA320Pilot comments: The F/O you talked with is incorrect. The 12.5% pay cut will put US Airways below America West pilot hourly wage rates and will require a pilot to be paid 97 hours per month to break even with current gross pay. However, that will not occur for reserves, just blockholders. Moreover, obtaining 97 pay hours per month could be difficult since the FAA does not allow a pilot to fly more than 1000 hours per year.

What we are talking about is forced overtime for the pilot group to make up the difference. However, during the past two concessions every employee on the property, except salaried employees and the pilots, could have worked overtime and increased their gross pay. In fact, with the new pay cuts that will still exist for the IAM, CWA, and other employee groups, if they desire.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

What sets us apart from the LCC's, is our time with the company. This Company wants nothing more than to force all of the senior people out the door. Having a junior workforce made up of High School grads living at home is what THEY want.
A group too dumb to realize that a $13 an hour job won't support a family. Once they grow up, they will move on to a better paying job....then the cycle starts all over again. A revolving door of unexperienced employees is what their goal is here. They want to beat us down to the point where we give up, and move on.
This is evident with their "Buyout offer". :down:

Of course you're right about that. If you, me or even US320Pilot walked out the door or dropped dead tomorrow, the company woulnd't even remember we ever worked here. They have no concern or empathy for any of us, and I mean ANY of us.

At 13.10 an hour and no retirement medical benefits customer service and fleet service agents can find comparable employment outside of U. I'm no hardliner but U doesn't deserve our experience at those wages/benefits. Please someone enlighten me, what does CWA and Fleet Service loose by going to bankrupcy?

USA320Pilot said:
Doc:

The issue is not what I think is the correct amount the issue is what does the company need from all of us to compete.
And may I add yet one last point. You sir are so stuck on beating the readers of this forum over the head with facts that anyone breathing understands. You are beyond nauseating, even Lakefield himself doesn’t go around telling every soul who has ears that we MUST least we perish, he unlike you understands that the employees have minds that are capable of ration thought processes. All you are doing is setting in stone your legacy as the pathetic pilot from U who was over the top at being an apologist for this group of men who have the gall to even call themselves managers. These so called managers are the perfect example of what NOT to follow when trying to run a successful business. The IAM which I am part of has made it perfectly clear given what this management team did to us what their response is to more concessions and unless you are an idiot it’s perfectly clear what the IAM’s stance is. For you to continue your stupid posts of we must do shows your despair trying to provoke a change of collective minds. I will no longer respond to any more of your silly stupid posts, you do a good enough job of making yourself look like the donkey’s hind end without anyone’s help.

USA320Pilot said:
...should IBM or Sears pay their employees above market rates and then not be able to turn a profit? Look what Dell Computer and Home Depot did to those legacy companies...
Dell is not more successful than IBM due to paying their employees less. Dell has an operation that is orders of magnitude more efficient than IBM's, at the expense of breadth and innovation.

Be careful of what you speak in computing and software... ;)

700UW:

It’s not up to me to decide what the market dictates for a cost competitive employee, whether it’s a Technician, Salesman, Customer Service Rep, Accountant, Mechanic, Pilot, or any other employee. It’s not my fault that a LCC employee is willing to work for less than a legacy counterpart and I do not like the fact that Doc, Cav, you, or I have to experience the network carrier industry restructuring.

But since you “chimmed inâ€￾, let me ask you a couple of questions. I want to know if you think its right that the pilots were the only employee group to meet the previous two cost-cut targets and to have their pension terminated. Is that fair? Moreover, the pilots represent about 10% of the employees, 30% of the total labor expense, and took more than 60% of the total cuts during the prior to givebacks. Is that fair?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Back