Transcon Service Standard

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Since I usually fly jetBlue or redeyes on eastbound transcons, I am no expert on US inflight service standards. Could someone more conversant with topic please tell that it is not normal to have just one beverage service on a daytime transcon? Pleas tell that US has not slipped that far. Please.

Since I usually fly jetBlue or redeyes on eastbound transcons, I am no expert on US inflight service standards. Could someone more conversant with topic please tell that it is not normal to have just one beverage service on a daytime transcon? Pleas tell that US has not slipped that far. Please.

Isn't the phrase "Service on US Airways" an oxymoron? Like "Government Worker". "Military Intelligence", "Jumbo Shrimp" and "Adult Male"??

Reactions: 2 people
Transcon service standard is full beverage (pour cup) with push pull buy on board meals. Collect trash. Water and coffee (hydration service). Then full service again prior to landing. This is on flights scheduled for 3.5 hrs or more.

Reactions: 1 person

Procedure is as follows, Full beverage service..... cups.... not cans.
Followed by a coffee and water service....
1 1/2 hours prior to landing another full beverage service.... cups not cans.

I know that there are quite a few lazy ones that want to do one service.... slap down the can and a cup of ice and they are done. That is not procedure.

Did your Call Bell not work?
I don't push a call bell unless it's urgent like for a liqiud spill or somesuch.

The sad thing is that something similar happend two eastbound daytime flights ago on US, there was a second bev svc, but it lacked coffee. "Sorry we haven't brewed any".

My flight prior this most recent one was fine.

(Maybe there is something to be said for jetBlue, other than the TVs, more comfy seats, and generous snack baskets. )

The sad part is that more than likely, no one will file a complaint with the company, or at least inquire if 1 beverage service is standard on a transcon. They will simply try another airline, and when they find 2 or 3 services on a comparable flight, they will leave US Airways behind in the dust except in those cases where the ticket is a lot cheaper on US Airways than on the competitors. You know, those money-losing tickets that we all sell in order to fill the seat.

Reactions: 2 people

What was the flight number? Don't put the date....it's not a which hunt.

What was the flight number? Don't put the date....it's not a which hunt.

Most ironic part about the lack of service from those "few" individuals that cut those corners is "they" are the one's complaining the most about how cheap and terrible US's service has become. :rolleyes:

What's the point in notifying the company? They will be glad they saved $145.38 on beverages which could be used on the next flight.....

There is little if any consistency in service at US, but they are not alone here....it happens everywhere.

If people spent as much time and energy trying to fix things rather than just complain here, I am sure US would be a much better airline...or any other airline for that matter.

Reactions: 3 people
What's the point in notifying the company? They will be glad they saved $145.38 on beverages which could be used on the next flight.....

There is little if any consistency in service at US, but they are not alone here....it happens everywhere.

If people spent as much time and energy trying to fix things rather than just complain here, I am sure US would be a much better airline...or any other airline for that matter.
I flew CLT-AUA last Thursday and the service was fine. They gave me the can of Ginger Ale, not just a cup full. My only complaint would be the sandwich I bought. Bread fell apart like it was a week old. Needless to say, one bite and it was trashed. Other than that, the crew were friendly, even comical, which made for a decent flight. :D