Twu - Local 514 Lies Again!

I am just waiting to get laid off honestly so I can attend school. Also, my benefits are not cut just yet..... (except pension)

I would also like to note that my wife works at AA as well. We are both going to lose our jobs. My family gets the pain of this "FACADE" times two.

You should ask yourself, how deep can they cut before its not worth it anymore. All we have done is lose for years. I can only see the airline worker losing in the foreseeable future. I am sorry to paint such a dark, depressing picture but that is what history and logic dictate to be an inevitability.

The union has proven its worthlessness. The only thing they accomplish is collecting dues, and they do that with clockwork efficiency. They have sold your benefits wholesale but managed to keep your pay up (according to the proposal i.e. backroom deal) only to keep their dues coming in. The union gave them everything but their money (your dues). Your paying into a worthless institution that serves no practical purpose. Don't get me wrong. I fully support the concept of a union. However, until the laws change and the unions get their teeth back they really serve no purpose other than to be the companies marionette.

A union is a neutered, mute dog with no teeth and a big appetite. Thank your government for that.

A union is a forced investment that never gives a return.

A union is privatized gains and socialized losses.

A union is is a "job tax".

A union is nothing but a legalized "protection racket".

One of two things I noticed as glaringly absent from the AMR to the TWU "term sheet,":

1) AA still collects the dues payments from the TWU membership, and in violation of the TWU Constitution, remits those funds directly to the TWU International instead of remiting "vig" to the individual locals; and,

2) AA is still commited to firing any TWU Represented AA employee that fails to fork over their "vig" to the TWU.

I would like to see the AA cost-out of accounting for which TWU members are, or are not, on hand pay and whether or not those members are current on their dues remittance plus the cost-out for performing the deductions in pay from each TWU Member and then transferring those funds to the TWU International.

Did you get any thing out of it? Rather than the broken record "fight like hell" even though he seems to be conceding to everything.
if you listened real close, one of the things that Little did say was......."we are looking at trade-offs to the layoffs". Get ready to supplement the layoffs with huge pay cuts, vacation givebacks....and so on, and so on!!! Other than that, not much info. as usual!

Reactions: 1 person
if you listened real close, one of the things that Little did say was......."we are looking at trade-offs to the layoffs".
That would be a colossal mistake considering the near future fleet renewal plan and the fact theiy're just not going to need 8700 mechanics in a couple of years.

That would be a colossal mistake considering the near future fleet renewal plan and the fact theiy're just not going to need 8700 mechanics in a couple of years.
They better not trade crap, cant keep going backward and im one thats hitting the street. the term sheet is bad enough how could they trade anything else

Not my problem in the end, but I think I'd start making it very clear to the various TWU officials that wage cuts aren't even open for discussion. The company didn't ask for them, so why offer it?

Not my problem in the end, but I think I'd start making it very clear to the various TWU officials that wage cuts aren't even open for discussion. The company didn't ask for them, so why offer it?
I agree. My fear would be in the normal method of the TWU, that non mechanic personal are placed in maintenance positions at the behest of keeping the membership employed.

I agree. My fear would be in the normal method of the TWU, that non mechanic personal are placed in maintenance positions at the behest of keeping the membership employed.
<_< -------- Don't you mean "the dues roweling in?"

I vote for Jim Little to take a 50% pay cut - he would still be over compensated, and that money could be used to keep another 4 or 5 members employed.

Reactions: 2 people