United Airlines acquiring US airways ?

I've head speculation that IAD would suffer more in a merger, but I just can't imagine that United would let that decline in favor of a greater share at DCA. With PHL so horrific with trans-atlantic ops, I can't imagine they'd keep that over IAD.

However - if you had real professionals from UA running the operation rather than the kids from Tempe, then maybe PHL wouldn't be so bad. Afterall - they run IAD which has many of the same operational challenges as PHL does given they share the same air space etc. And - the terminal facilities at IAD are pretty awful - so PHL could make more sense from a passenger comfort and usability perspective. The UA Express operation at IAD makes terminal F in Philly seem like the best thing since sliced bread.

I do admit that I hate flying through IAD........the moon-rover things are atrocious...and for O/D, security lines are horrific. I haven't flown through PHL since 9/11, so I can't fairly compare the two.

However - if you had real professionals from UA running the operation rather than the kids from Tempe, then maybe PHL wouldn't be so bad. Afterall - they run IAD which has many of the same operational challenges as PHL does given they share the same air space etc. And - the terminal facilities at IAD are pretty awful - so PHL could make more sense from a passenger comfort and usability perspective. The UA Express operation at IAD makes terminal F in Philly seem like the best thing since sliced bread.

The fact that you are overlooking is that PHL has been a nightmare and a blackeye for USAir for many years. Tom Renville, a United manager could not run this place when times were good. The problem is you have a workforce in PHL that has been so beaten that they no longer can function.

My well connected source within the sandcastle has told me it appears united is going to try and acquire our company . Everyone take a look at the stock activity of our two respective airlines , something doesn’t seem right to me … it’s been going up , both of them ….

United you can kiss my ass , I hope this leak raises the amount you’ll have to pay by a couple of hundred million .
WE SHOULD BE SO LUCKY THAT UNITED WE BE INTERESTED IN US.
LET FACE IT WE SUCK BIG TIME. I WOULD TAKE MY CHANCES ON ANYONE ELSE
TO RUN THIS COMPANY. I FOR ONE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BEING A LAUGHING STOCK
OF THIS INDUSTRY. I/WE HAVE PUT MY/OUR HEART AND SOUL IN THIS PLACE FOR WHAT?
YOU MY FRIEND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A REAL AIRLINE IS SUPPOSED TO BE
BESIDES YOUR MOMMY HAS NOT CHANGED YOUR DIAPER SO UNITED WON'T KISS YOUR ASS

MOD NOTE: The bold above is a perfect example of how NOT to post on these boards. This poster has some time to think about that point now. I am only leaving the post as is to be an example--let's not duplicate this style.

of course you can't...

but, guess what? it's not all about you!

inasmuch as i believe this thread is flame bait, i also believe that a merger/buy-out with ual would accomplish, collectively, some great things (assuming team impoTEMPE is discarded in any transaction):

integrity.

committment to our customers, specifically our fflyers.

innovation.

competency.

integrity.

oh, and i think i forgot to mention, integrity.

WE SHOULD BE SO LUCKY THAT UNITED WE BE INTERESTED IN US.
LET FACE IT WE SUCK BIG TIME. I WOULD TAKE MY CHANCES ON ANYONE ELSE
TO RUN THIS COMPANY. I FOR ONE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BEING A LAUGHING STOCK
OF THIS INDUSTRY. I/WE HAVE PUT MY/OUR HEART AND SOUL IN THIS PLACE FOR WHAT?
YOU MY FRIEND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A REAL AIRLINE IS SUPPOSED TO BE
BESIDES YOUR MOMMY HAS NOT CHANGED YOUR DIAPER SO UNITED WON'T KISS YOUR ASS

ok .we get your point . now tone it down with the caps please.

My well connected source within the sandcastle has told me it appears united is going to try and acquire our company . Everyone take a look at the stock activity of our two respective airlines , something doesn’t seem right to me … it’s been going up , both of them ….

United you can kiss my ass , I hope this leak raises the amount you’ll have to pay by a couple of hundred million .

Since there has been all this TALK about mergers and nothing has happened, I'll believe it all when it's finalized. A wants to merge with B and bring in C who wants D, and then comes Congress, etc. etc.

LCC lost over 10 points in a few weeks after the holidays and may be stabilizing, and UAL has been going up since the NWA and DAL merger talk, as did theirs. Again until mergers are final they are just rumors...maybe started to increase stock value!

Because our last merger/acquisition has worked so well.
:lol: I totally agree :up: That being said though, "Don't you think that if we had different management at the wheel it may be a bit more ohhhh I don't know organized and realistic in a UA acquisition? :lol:

I don't know how that all works but is it really just that simple to say they only want the East operation? I'm just curious. I know we have different fragmentation laws in our east contract in the event of being broken up and stuff. But from the company side how would something like that go?

I don't see this idea as being that farfetched. Put yourself in UA shoes. All the talk of DL taking over UA...or if DL and NW merge, then CO may take over UA. Would you rather be taken over by someone, or be the one doing the taking over? Even if US is the last partner another airline might want, it would be preferable to the other options as long as you were the one calling the shots.

Regardless of the seemingly unlimited combinations I'd think it's safe to say that if the current US management stayed it would be just as big a mess. Well no...BIGGER MESS!

I think it would be fairly simple to split us since there is very little that is actually unified. We know which ac/equipment/people are from east or west. It might be tough for the west since no one really wants that side of the operation. Who knows how any of this stuff will eventually shake out , certainly not we employees.

I think it would be fairly simple to split us since there is very little that is actually unified. We know which ac/equipment/people are from east or west. It might be tough for the west since no one really wants that side of the operation. Who knows how any of this stuff will eventually shake out , certainly not we employees.
Honestly, that would be such a shame to be bought out or merge with somene and not take the West with. It's been a long 2 1/2 years for EVERYONE and for all of that to be in vain and leave people out that would really be sad. There are truly alot of differences between East and West but I do not ever want to have to see anyone else go through anymore pain. Been there and don't wish it on anyone, not even the hard core haters.

Not that we would wish anything bad for anyone whether they be east or west , but in a system combination with UAL , PHX and LAS become all but unnecessary in lieu of UAL position in LAX,SFO and DEN. It is the east cities that become the addition based on US position in BOS,LGA, DCA,PHL. US is either the largest or 2nd largest in just about every city on the east coast. And let's face it , the money as well as the population exist mostly on the east coast. And whether you like PHL or not , the demographics speak for themselves. If you drew a 90 mile diameter with PHL at the center , you would see that the city sits almost dead center in some of the most densely populated area on the east coast , from NYC to the NE and DC to the SE.

Latest posts