US Airways delays A350 deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are better than the rest of us. I like your other quote about Air Tran and poor people. It must be hard to be around other people in this industry when you are so superior.

Delta 777 quote, he is better than Us Airways, Air Tran and ee God, poor people that fly in the back.

Delta 777 quote;
" "Clearly Airtran hasn't learned that simple lesson, as judged by their poor 3rd quarter results. And while the "less fortunate" are still flying, mainly on Airtran and other LCC's, its abundantly clear that you've had to lower the price of your product to the point of taking huge losses to enable these bottom feeders to still justify the cost of an airline ticket, versus their usual mode of transportation, namely Greyhound.

Airtran is really small potatoes in Delta's eyes at this point. We have much grander plans.

And please don't think i dislike Airtran employees or its passengers. I don't. I do despise your management, however. As they were all too happy to "facilitate" US Airways in their hostile takeover attempt of Delta back in 2006. I actually think Airtran does a noble job of providing air service to those who would probably otherwise never step foot inside an airplane. I'm convinced to this day that Airtran is government-subsidized commercial aviation for poor people." "

This is the height of arrogance peppered with patronization on your part sir, in my opinion of course. It is obvious you have not spent any time around folks that have worked hard and were self made.

Oh, by the way, for you poor people that want the lowest fares,click here, guaranteed lowest fair.
I am glad that someone else besides me has taken notice to this poster. Loves bad press about every Airline except his own. Looking down your nose at everyone else in the Airline Industry must be a great feeling. We all know what they say about people who look down on others, don't we?? I can't thank you enough for calling him out. :eek:

Plan accordingly. How about this...cancel the A350 orders and place orders with Boeing for brand new Boeing 787s. :up:
As much as I would like to see it happnen, I doubt it ever will. It seems as if the "Bad Blood" created between US and Boeing will continue to exist. Many here know that it was kicked off back in the Days of Seth & Co. when they backed out on some 757's, which led to a lawsuit. Doug had a chance to get cozy with Boeing a while back when US was shopping a large A/C order around, but went with Airbus in the end. This Airline has not been a good Boeing customer since the mid/late 1980's when US/PI were scooping up 737-300/400's. I wouldn't expect Boeing to give an inch to US, as they have many other firm orders from their longtime customers. If Bethune would have stayed around it would have been a much different story given his ties with Boeing. During his time over at CO, he decided long ago to go strictly with Boeing A/C. Given the expected delivery dates of the A350, they MAY have someting else planned as to where they wouldn't need them.
At this point , I wouldn't rule out some type of a merger before the A350 ever rolls out of the factory.
I for one would be more concerned about the further reduction of the current fleet. I know that more 737-300's were slated to go, but not sure if these are additional ones. Based on the way some of them look with the old faded/chipped paint job, I didn't think that they had plans of keeping them in the fleet for long.

If the A-350 were delayed anyway, and you wanted long-haul aircraft for Pac-rim flying, you would keep the order in and work out a deal with Airbus for A-340s. This is more likely a result of the current global economic situation, and I don't see US going across the Pacific any time soon, other than HI.

By the time the 350 is even ready we will not even recognize the Usairways we know today.
Its part of the future consolidation plan.

wopr

As much as I would like to see it happnen, I doubt it ever will. It seems as if the "Bad Blood" created between US and Boeing will continue to exist. Many here know that it was kicked off back in the Days of Seth & Co. when they backed out on some 757's, which led to a lawsuit. Doug had a chance to get cozy with Boeing a while back when US was shopping a large A/C order around, but went with Airbus in the end. This Airline has not been a good Boeing customer since the mid/late 1980's when US/PI were scooping up 737-300/400's. I wouldn't expect Boeing to give an inch to US, as they have many other firm orders from their longtime customers. If Bethune would have stayed around it would have been a much different story given his ties with Boeing. During his time over at CO, he decided long ago to go strictly with Boeing A/C. Given the expected delivery dates of the A350, they MAY have someting else planned as to where they wouldn't need them.
At this point , I wouldn't rule out some type of a merger before the A350 ever rolls out of the factory.
I for one would be more concerned about the further reduction of the current fleet. I know that more 737-300's were slated to go, but not sure if these are additional ones. Based on the way some of them look with the old faded/chipped paint job, I didn't think that they had plans of keeping them in the fleet for long.

Let's be perfectly honest with one another. Does anybody on these boards truly believe LCC will even be flying come 2015? :lol:

Fleet Reduction: .... We have also cancelled the leases of two A330-200 wide-body aircraft that had been scheduled for delivery in the second half of 2009.
Am I the only one to notice this morsel? How many 332's were scheduled for 2009? I thought only 3. If true, then how will TLV be served?

Am I the only one to notice this morsel? How many 332's were scheduled for 2009? I thought only 3. If true, then how will TLV be served?

With an F-28 they get out of storage in the Mojave Desert, of course. It has ample room for a J cabin to meet the configuration specs of the New US Airways.

OOPS! I meant the "Crown Jewel" which is 447 Frequent Flyer Miles to the Northeast of CLT.
Don't you mean 500 FF miles?...Oh wait, not on US :shock:

Still 5; that excerpt is referring to the 2 A332s that were going to be leased from the ILFC and presumably used for the China service.

Fleet Reduction: We are returning ten aircraft to lessors, which includes six Boeing 737-300 aircraft to be returned by the end of 2008 and four Airbus A320 aircraft to be returned in the first half of 2009. We have also cancelled the leases of two A330-200 wide-body aircraft that had been scheduled for delivery in the second half of 2009. Further, we plan to reduce additional aircraft in 2009 and 2010.

These plans were made public in June and this isn't really any new news on the issue, until they quantify this statement that is ---> "To reduce additional aircraft in 2009 and 2010"

Let's be perfectly honest with one another. Does anybody on these boards truly believe LCC will even be flying come 2015? :lol:
(Moderator Edit: Namecalling not allowed.) With any luck you will be flying for a freight operation in South America by that time. You must be a lonlely fellow seeking all of the attention on this board with all of your "Flame bait" posts.

Jet fuel is < than $2 per gallon, as of today. It its time to get on with Asia expantion...that is if LCC really plans on doing it. Was not fuel the excuse used to delay the start-up of China service?

Fuel was a big part, but so was/is the economy.

Spot price in NY is quoted at around $2.31, although far below the $4+ it was in the Summer.
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/rjetnyhd.htm

That $2.31/gal was a week ago today - today's price is under $2.00/gal.

I agree - the economy was cited as another contributing factor to delay China along with fuel prices and the fact there's no suitable aircraft on the property, (although Parker didn't mention that one to the DOT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back