US Airways expanding its fleet

Just a question....Does PHL generate sufficient O&D numbers on the trans atlantic flts? If not, would it be better to move any possible new intl service to a hub airport (CLT) that does not have the traffic and operational issues that PHL has? Just wondering..

PHL is the #1 revenue generating city for US and yes the Transatlantics flight do very well. CLT is a transfer hub vs O&D.

what a difference it is without him on these boards. All of the sudden you don't hear people from AA, UA and certainly not DL with anything smart to say...

Exactly. Most of the UA folks only came here to dispell the gross inaccuracies of the speculation that he tried to pass off as fact. Without his BS there has been no reason for us to butt in.

Personally I have been watching from the side lines and I'm happy to see that the remaining US employees seem to have found a solution to their past crisis. And with UA out of BK as of today, it's nice to be among the living again.

(It would be gratifying though, to thumb my nose at USA320pilot! ;) )

Just a question....Does PHL generate sufficient O&D numbers on the trans atlantic flts? If not, would it be better to move any possible new intl service to a hub airport (CLT) that does not have the traffic and operational issues that PHL has? Just wondering..

Well, British Airways run 2 nonstops daily to London on a 747 and 777 both full. Lufthansa runs Frankfurt full on a 330/747. AirFrance runs 330's to Paris....those are all locals from the Philadelphia area...so I would say TransAtlantic traffic is better suited out of Philadelphia rather than Charlotte.

Considering that the PHL metro area is about 3 times the size of CLT and is quite a bit wealthier, any new transatlantic flying (particularly to smaller markets) should be in PHL.

Well, da ghetto of Philthadelphia is indeed much Larger but we will show You whose Momma makes a better 'Sweet Potato Pie' sucka! :lol:

it would be just stupid to move the international flying from PHL. No matter how bad people think PHL is, that is where those flights belong.

I would LOVE to see the numbers on how much money we piss away BECAUSE of the craziness in PHL. Ya never here about THAT!!

Actually, we should serve CLT to Paris, Manchester, and Madrid. CLT IS our largest hub and I will promise you most would love to not have to connect thru PHL. Most airlines usually serve more than one hub. Yeah, I know, no airplanes.

Personally I have been watching from the side lines and I'm happy to see that the remaining US employees seem to have found a solution to their past crisis. And with UA out of BK as of today, it's nice to be among the living again.

(It would be gratifying though, to thumb my nose at USA320pilot! ;) )
[/quote]

Welcome back to the land of the living, and best of luck to you and UA

Actually, we should serve CLT to Paris, Manchester, and Madrid. CLT IS our largest hub and I will promise you most would love to not have to connect thru PHL. Most airlines usually serve more than one hub. Yeah, I know, no airplanes.

PIT used to claim the largest hub status and it was killed because of the lack of O & D. PHL is the goldmine for US.

Oh, Philly bashing. It's a world class city with a great cultural city center and some very wealthy areas. Yes, the setup of the airport sucks. Yes, the area around the airport is trashy as in most major cities (where do you put the airport, in the middle of the city?) Even though its in an outlying area its still very close to Center City. Yes, Philly/Jersey has an attitude/culture thats... different to outsiders and there are some people working at the airport that are horrendous. But keep in mind Philly is an expensive city to live in- its not cheap like CLT or PIT. The fast food restaurants around the airport pay more than what US Airways offers, so what kind of people do you think youre gonna get applying for these jobs? Thats why Terminal F(Express workers with less pay) is a nightmare.

PHL is a great place, and the transatlantic flights do well. Theres a market for it. I just hope US keeps the high end traveler in mind and drops its current aspiration to be a 1980s budget airline. Tacky tempe needs to take a ride on the other airlines and stop sending all the customers away with thier embarrassing service "standards" and product of "Not having a product/" US Airways Magazine? Duh Getting rid of the brands like Envoy and Attache is so stupid, and making the service worse while the majors and low costs are all improving thiers- its especially not going to fly in the international markets.

\

PHL is a great place, and the transatlantic flights do well. Theres a market for it. I just hope US keeps the high end traveler in mind and drops its current aspiration to be a 1980s budget airline. Tacky tempe needs to take a ride on the other airlines and stop sending all the customers away with thier embarrassing service "standards" and product of "Not having a product/" US Airways Magazine? Duh Getting rid of the brands like Envoy and Attache is so stupid, and making the service worse while the majors and low costs are all improving thiers- its especially not going to fly in the international markets.

1. I love PHL. It is a great city and if some of you are the least bit interested in culture, you would know that. It's not all about fat people and cheese steaks.

2. You can forget about the high end traveler. US could care less if you fill a seat 120 times a year on a $98 ticket or a $980 ticket--thus some of the changes to the DM program.

3. They should be embarrassed by the new magazine. It's horrible. And someone must be color blind because what are they thinking?

I love Philadelphia, great restauarants, museums theater etc.

Was it the guy from Continental that hads the book with the quote about taking so much off a pizza no one wants to eat it? Thats what USAirways is doing with its brand. If its so helpful to get rid of good brands unique to the airlines culture and make every thing generic and forgettable, then wheres the money its saving and making profits. Just dont see it. That new paint job suits the airline now, bland, classless, boring,cheap, confused looking-- looks like it was made by a teenager with a computer. Low rent

Philadelphia would have more flights than Charlotte,if they'd had more gates. Charlotte isn't that major of a city, look at the other majors, RJ's to DFW ORD IAH ATL MIA LGA EWR. Sure PHL has some other majors flying in RJ's with DL flying them to CVG and UA to IAD. How many mainlines of the others at CLT fly? Other than US Express, I would say about 20 flights are RJ's, does CLT have 20 M/L a day?( Other than US Express)

I would LOVE to see the numbers on how much money we piss away BECAUSE of the craziness in PHL. Ya never here about THAT!!

If you do that, CLT will have to rely heavily on connecting paxs since we have all established that PHL has a much bigger market for European flts. If you plan to rely on connections to Europe from CLT you can say goodbye to anyone north of CLT that want to go to Europe. Anyone from the Northeast, New England, Mid Atlantic, and Midwest will connect through DTW, PHL, BOS, EWR, IAD. And ATL has pretty much taken over as the airport to connect through if you live anywhere in the Southeast.