US Airways expanding its fleet

Fine. I mean, who really ever cares what the passengers think, which 90% will tell you SUCKS to fly out of PHL, mustless TA. Great city, but the airport IS a sh#thole and THAT is the unfortunate perception of US when flying in and out of there :(

BTW, has any renovations started or is it still just B6?

US tried Paris from CLT one summer. Big failure. Even in the middle of summer the flights were not full.

It's not just PHL, it's the entire delay prone Northeast that blows for connecting passengers. Why can't they figure out a way offset the benefits of O&D passengers and make good on a variety of delay free hassle free transatlantic flights out of mega hubs elsewhere for the connecting passengers? I know US Airways has a lack of widebody aircraft, but it would be an interesting experiment to buck the trend of what everyone else is doing.

US tried Paris from CLT one summer. Big failure. Even in the middle of summer the flights were not full.

Where do you get your info? The f/as I have spoken with down here talk about how full the flights were. So who is correct? Depending on a person's opinion decides the spin.

I guess US just needs to deal with the problem of connections and customs.

Where do you get your info? The f/as I have spoken with down here talk about how full the flights were. So who is correct? Depending on a person's opinion decides the spin.

I guess US just needs to deal with the problem of connections and customs.

My info comes from my experience. I am a former agent who always kept tabs on flight schedules and loads. There were days CDG would run full, but more often the loads were no where near full.

I think the bigger problem is PHL international arrivals. As a PHL commuter for three years, everytime I came in from Europe, the lines to get through security on A and B concourses were terrible. It could take as much as 45 minutes just to get through...and that's after you've deplaned, gone through passport control, picked up your bags, gone through immigration, recheck desk, then travel the endless maze to get to A security, then it's on to your gate at C-26. Jeez!