US Airways Names New Vice President of InFlight Services

Well I'd think that for those VFF's that have jumped ship to other airlines it will take more than US giving f/c passengers wine in a real wine glass again to get them to come back. For some I do believe it is a little late.

I don't think there is anyone on this board that claims FF's have not left US. We know they have. That said, you're using logins at FT as a template to prove that FF's have defected? Ok, but you can no longer accuse Tempe of "fuzzy math".... :lol: Since we are using FT as a resource....

It seems that some of those 48 logins over on FT may be discussing the fact that CO doesn't respond to emails, much like someone accused US of yesterday:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental...ond-emails.html

Or, maybe they are discussing the challenges of flying into/ out of EWR (much like PHL):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental...rike-again.html

It's strange. For each horror story you find about one airline, you can simply google search another airline, and find similar problems. One thing I know: All of the FF's that left US had better start purchasing more of those premium fares over at CO; even with all of the revenue US handed CO in the form of VFF's, seems they are really feeling the pinch:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental...ng-decline.html

Hope things turn around for all airlines soon.....

Well I'd think that for those VFF's that have jumped ship to other airlines it will take more than US giving f/c passengers wine in a real wine glass again to get them to come back. For some I do believe it is a little late.

Very true statement. If the posts I have read on Flyertalk serve as a non-scientific conclusion, a small percentage of former US elites did come back after US rescinded the 500-mile minimums and bonus miles......but the vast majority are happy elsewhere, and are not looking back.

I previously posted a list of what US must fix in order to be competitive with the other legacy carriers. I don't have time now to search for it, but if they took my advice, I'll bet they'd see results!!!

OK just to be funny for a minute how about that corporate picture. Ummmmmmm can we say put the Rainbow laser gun on Stun. I sure hope he's better at creating inflight service than dressing up. Holy smokes he looks like he's ready to retire to the library for a brandy. :lol: I sure hope his flair for inflight service is a bit updated compared to the outfit. Can we say Pan Am? Don't slam....that picture is BAD, BAD, BAD. YIKES :eek:

Unfortunately that's how he dresses all the time. He reminds me of the Palm Beach Country Club set.

Very true statement. If the posts I have read on Flyertalk serve as a non-scientific conclusion, a small percentage of former US elites did come back after US rescinded the 500-mile minimums and bonus miles......but the vast majority are happy elsewhere, and are not looking back.

I previously posted a list of what US must fix in order to be competitive with the other legacy carriers. I don't have time now to search for it, but if they took my advice, I'll bet they'd see results!!!
True. The ones that have left probably won't return, and that is a shame. With the new VP Inflight announced yesterday, I'm cautiously optimistic. Many of us are hoping that the overall product will be revamped and will at least be more in line with the competition. We shall see.......

Ok Desperate Housewives on Lifetime is almost over and I'm bored. It's cold outside so let's bump this to the top for a few. With most if not all of us unfamiliar with our new VP of Inflight nor knowing him personally do we have any idea of what he may do first? Does anyone have any scoopage as to what is going on behind the scenes? Dish. I think we'll see more than just new cups. I HOPE he will talk the company into bringing glassware back to first class along with some new Envoy vision. The Envoy "experience" certainly needs to be revisited. He'll probably faint when he sits in on a service. Being that it's so "in line" with what other carriers serve. :lol:

I don't know how much latitude he will have to make sweeping (and costly?) changes, but I would highly recommending by starting with the low-hanging fruit: Consistency with the current inflight procedures & product.

At least if customers know what to expect when flying US they won't want to bang their heads against the wall so much.

Ok Desperate Housewives on Lifetime is almost over and I'm bored. It's cold outside so let's bump this to the top for a few. With most if not all of us unfamiliar with our new VP of Inflight nor knowing him personally do we have any idea of what he may do first? Does anyone have any scoopage as to what is going on behind the scenes? Dish. I think we'll see more than just new cups. I HOPE he will talk the company into bringing glassware back to first class along with some new Envoy vision. The Envoy "experience" certainly needs to be revisited. He'll probably faint when he sits in on a service. Being that it's so "in line" with what other carriers serve. :lol:

Have you ever seen the service at EOS? If they allow him to do his job we'll most likely end up with the best FC product out there.

Those that do Envoy all of the time are pretty use to the service now. Now this is my opinion but it was never anything I would compare to another airline. The packouts were tough to get through and switched around constantly. I don't like the flow of the service and certainly that position that floats around up there. Basic tools to do the service are stuffed everywhere. Oh that damn appetizer tray. Gag a maggot with that wilted lettuce and warmed up food on the un chilled 757's. Anyone want some warm yogurt? This guy will have apoplexy when he sees the service done. EOS was a fantastic airline that failed but not because of it's service. You can be cost conscious yet have it look appealing. I know some will stick up for the "American Experience" up in Envoy but to me it's crap on a cracker. :lol:

"If the allow him to do his job" is the key now isn't it?

However wouldn't allowing Mr Adler to retool the F/C product be an admission that the dynamic duo of Parker/Kirby were wrong?

Do we know of a single incident where US has every admitted a mistake?

A suggestion if I may? why not describe the EOS service for us and give folks an idea as to why you're excited. I have been told it was spectacular.

They have admitted that the sale of soft drinks and water was a mistake. They expected other airlines to follow suit but none did.

They didn't say it was a mistake to sell soft beverages. They still believe it was the thing to do and firmly stand behind their al la carte' model. They were actually unhappy that nobody followed their wonderful idea. They had NO intention of reverting back to a complimentary beverage service until they noticed that they were looking more like, well Spirit Airlines.

Latest posts