US Airways product changes

. And I don't believe that anyone would get in "trouble" for being a personable, humerous, light hearted, happy representative of the airline.

Happy New Year to all.
[/quote]

Perhaps under new management, but that certainly was not the case under the old.

. And I don't believe that anyone would get in "trouble" for being a personable, humerous, light hearted, happy representative of the airline.

Happy New Year to all.
Perhaps under new management, but that certainly was not the case under the old.
I can only speak of the new and I think they want the SWA thing but happy and personable and making each and every passenger feel welcome, that's good and accepted and probably encouraged....IMO.

US East did try boarding videos several years back as well as really upbeat trendy music boarding videos with club dancers in silhouette forms when we did the Britsh Airways wetlease. The BA videos were really cutting age....many people wondered what the hell it was and what were they missing. I would love to see Doug explore this concept....many people are into music and if the videos are well done (have the recording studios produce and maket themselves and there stars) and maybe the pax will turn off there Ipods, shut off there phones and cut the unneccessary chitchat/galking.......THAT'S what slows down the Boarding, and LET'S Get The Party Started :up:

If the announcements are on video, they are fine. If they are being made by the cabin crew and they are too long and verbous, thats TERRIBLE. After level off, i like to have only a bottle of water and get to work on my laptop without all the distractions from the overly long inflight announcements.Im not trying to be evil or mean, but that is my preference. I also would prefer any seat in row one and in the window. Sitting at the bulk head and in the window cuts down on distractions for me too. :):):):):)

Company wide we should have the video screens announce all the standard stuff i.e. dividend miles, cockpit is in the front :rolleyes:

Since when? I never noticed that before! :lol:

I noticed the electronic signage in place of the no smoking on the East fleet. Very classy. :groovy:

If the announcements are on video, they are fine. If they are being made by the cabin crew and they are too long and verbous, thats TERRIBLE. After level off, i like to have only a bottle of water and get to work on my laptop without all the distractions from the overly long inflight announcements.Im not trying to be evil or mean, but that is my preference. I also would prefer any seat in row one and in the window. Sitting at the bulk head and in the window cuts down on distractions for me too. :):):):):)

And for got to add, i dont mind paying for that seat up from as well :):):)

Unless I missed a memo somewhere, we have no leeway in making the safety announcemnents. They are to be read, as written.

If that is the case, why does it same like the safety video on US west flights last an eternity. It seems to drone on and on and on. The US East video is much better. I also hope they keep the theme music from US East. (And for LCC's benefit, I really like UA's safety video--it's the best.... :rolleyes: just kidding)

I can't wait to see the person working the hi-8 video on the few 757's on the east side. Most (there are some who know how) don't know how to work it for the safety demo or the standard level-off. I can't wait to see them try and do this new stuff. Good thing they are not adding this stuff right away to the widebody a/c. THAT would really be funny to watch. Ya know, the most senior that picks "A" cause they can and then want someone else to do the video on the 767. Do they play the trivia videos inflight after the level-off video or during boarding? I think this is a positive step. As for announcements, some need to stick to the book. Either you can wing it or ya can't. I have heard some announcements during boarding that could make you just wanna crawl under a seat and hide. Either incorrect english or they sound very military.

Because you're probably one of the muddlemouths who HATES her job so much she can't make a clear announcement. That must be why we have double-digit increases in SkyMall sales that make the company money in true commission. Don't you have a sick call to make? :down:
Not anymore than what you do in the jumpseat while reading US weekly. Go make your sick call now...
Now hey hey please I know you are better than that Barbell and the point is that the safety part of the announcements go on and on to the point where the passenger really does stop listening and for some reason they just do not roll of of the tongue (most that I know at West think they are grammatically<spelling incorrect). The point I was trying to make is that the East announcements (yes we are supposed to read verbatum)do not ramble, it is right to the point, yes some advertising on the level off (after take off) but it is all to the point and no rambling. It is hard to be professional if you are reading something that does not flow easily from the tongue, and I think that is the only thing they are saying.

Many new changes coming with the new year!

Name change of the Attache to US Airways Magazine

Announcement changes

New US Airways credit card to be added

Pretzels and Peanuts to rotate

New video programming for boarding and triva to be added

Now that is ORIGINAL!! LMAO , these people need to get a grip - nobody wants to see USAIRWAYS plastered all over everything come on now - GAG (get a grip) I hope to god they don't go with the tacky video that AWA has either I think the East video is nice but could use some updating- What will they come up with next - maybe they will change dividend miles to USAIRWAYS miles - how original!!! makes you wonder if the advertising execs got their degree from trailer park U!!

US East did try boarding videos several years back as well as really upbeat trendy music boarding videos with club dancers in silhouette forms when we did the Britsh Airways wetlease. The BA videos were really cutting age....many people wondered what the hell it was and what were they missing. I would love to see Doug explore this concept....many people are into music and if the videos are well done (have the recording studios produce and maket themselves and there stars) and maybe the pax will turn off there Ipods, shut off there phones and cut the unneccessary chitchat/galking.......THAT'S what slows down the Boarding, and LET'S Get The Party Started :up:
Before they ran into bad times last year ATA did the boarding videos and it was really neat, they switched it around, some top 40, some country, some classical, kind of something for everyone and it kept the line moving, I mean if you play elevator music to be PC well then you just might have people laying down in the aisle falling asleep. Then you have people snoring and f@rting, which just gets everyone going. haha

Latest posts