US Airways product changes

That was insane back in the day. Just imagine what you might find if you dig deep enough in the seat pockets. Ya might find more than you hoped for. LOL YUCK ! :lol:

Gotta love the US-East safety video... that early 90s hair, the old "USAir" wings safety card in the seat pocket, somebody using what I think is called a "CD Player" and a cell phone a good 3 inches thick including battery put into an attache case. And that guy with the life vest at the end always makes me laugh for some reason.

I like inflight announcements kept to a minimum. Some flight attendants are incoherent, like the one I managed to have both ways to Philly last weekend (what she was wearing was arguably a US Airways uniform...), but I've found most to speak clearly.

Best announcements come from a flight attendant named Larry who I've had on two or three flights... still does the "On behalf of the entire US Airways family, we thank you for choosing to Fly the Flag" announcement after landing.

Well thanks for squealing on Larry :lol: Not sure how the "New" US will react to F/A Larry NOT regurgitating the standard script but under the OLD regime I can assure you EVERY F/A named Larry would have been given a check ride and after the inhouse Stasi (Former East German torture artists) found him the ONLY F-L-A-G that poor sap would be seeing is the one draping the poor b*st*rds coffin. <Larry, LOVE YOU!!! :up: >

Thanks for the vote of confidence - after 21 years I do like my job and I do make the announcements ~ I hope clearly and I was simply pointing out that I think we make too much of them and everyone tunes out. And sick call? What does that have to do with announcements? Bad day there??? ;)

You're right: I'm sorry. :oops: I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and I just went to town. Didn't mean to take out my annoyance at the sick out on you. :stupid:

So back to topic for me: regardless of whether or not the announcements are spoken or on video, the vast majority of pax zone out because they're either too important to listen, or too stupid. And this is not aimed at all of you loyal FFOCUS fans who know it inside and out. I mean seriously, how many times does someone think they can talk on their phone during takeoff until it just dies out?

Because you're probably one of the muddlemouths who HATES her job so much she can't make a clear announcement. That must be why we have double-digit increases in SkyMall sales that make the company money in true commission. Don't you have a sick call to make? :down:
Not anymore than what you do in the jumpseat while reading US weekly. Go make your sick call now...

wow! I mistakenly assumed you to be a management person when I first started reading your posts. Just goes to prove how wrong first impressions can be.

wow! I mistakenly assumed you to be a management person when I first started reading your posts. Just goes to prove how wrong first impressions can be.

Hey, we can all have an off day! And I was wrong, wrong, wrong. It takes a good manager to admit that...

You're right: I'm sorry. :oops: I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and I just went to town. Didn't mean to take out my annoyance at the sick out on you. :stupid:

So back to topic for me: regardless of whether or not the announcements are spoken or on video, the vast majority of pax zone out because they're either too important to listen, or too stupid. And this is not aimed at all of you loyal FFOCUS fans who know it inside and out. I mean seriously, how many times does someone think they can talk on their phone during takeoff until it just dies out?
You just keep digging yourself deeper, I hope someone in Tempe is looking at this!

I mean seriously, how many times does someone think they can talk on their phone during takeoff until it just dies out?
I sure hope the passengers aren't talking on their phones during takeoff.......they are supposed to be turned off prior to.........just like the announcements say.

But then again, maybe the passengers can't understand them, maybe they don't listen, maybe they don't because they can't understand them any way. IMO, as an employee and a passenger, the announcements must be made in a clear and understandable voice. I know that they are scripted but they don't need to be read like they are scripted. Put your own individual personality into it and maybe the passengers will listen.

You just keep digging yourself deeper, I hope someone in Tempe is looking at this!
You can make fun of yourself, you can criticize the company, you can annoy your coworkers....but you never..never...ever...insult the customer! Obviously you are new around here!

Right here is a living breathing example of the difference between CCY & the Sandcastle. Granted a small diference but a critical difference.

When was the last time anyone at the old US said "Sorry I was wrong"
Bob,
To answer your question...Everyday. The company changed policies 10 times a day. You could never imagine how creative we could be when push came to shove. You..the customer had questions...the company..gave no answers, us caught in between were very creative. We were given no better tools than a chisel and stone tablet, but we did the best we could with the tools we were given.

I sure hope the passengers aren't talking on their phones during takeoff.......they are supposed to be turned off prior to.........just like the announcements say.

Thank God cell phones do work in the air, otherwise UA flt 93 might have actually landed IN the White House, no?

Now that is ORIGINAL!! LMAO , these people need to get a grip - nobody wants to see USAIRWAYS plastered all over everything come on now - GAG (get a grip) I hope to god they don't go with the tacky video that AWA has either I think the East video is nice but could use some updating- What will they come up with next - maybe they will change dividend miles to USAIRWAYS miles - how original!!! makes you wonder if the advertising execs got their degree from trailer park U!!
Do you really think an "original" name for the magazine would do anyting to increase revenue? Putting the USAirways name out there creates brand recognition. Using "Attache" does nothing of the sort.

Do you really think an "original" name for the magazine would do anyting to increase revenue? Putting the USAirways name out there creates brand recognition. Using "Attache" does nothing of the sort.
A great publication and the US Airways name should have an impact......not that alone will get passengers but it sure can't hurt. I am looking forward to seeing the first issue.

A great publication and the US Airways name should have an impact......not that alone will get passengers but it sure can't hurt. I am looking forward to seeing the first issue.
I agree .that's why I think keeping it generic (some woudl say un-original) is better than having some fancy name like "Attache". The more places the company name is ..the better.

I agree .that's why I think keeping it generic (some woudl say un-original) is better than having some fancy name like "Attache"
And the low cost carrier label is always being used. "Attache'" is so not low cost carrier, IMO. Like putting a Rolls Royce hood ornament on an old VW Bug. :D

And the low cost carrier label is always being used. "Attache'" is so not low cost carrier, IMO. Like putting a Rolls Royce hood ornament on an old VW Bug. :D
AGreed ..I think it sounds kind of pretentious. I also remember people complaining that "envoy class" would be changed simply to "business class". Sounds like a good idea to me.

You are so absolutely right! If you have a company, every product you carry should carry the same name. That has been the whole demise of the airline industry, they cannot hold onto an identifiable product...for example: "USAirways flight 123 operated by United Express flight 234 operated by Sky West flight 345, as America West flight 456 leaves Phoenix at 1pm and arrives in Orlando at 12pm the next day, will you need a rental car with that or can I connect you to Hotels.com?". Try explaining that one to your customer.

Latest posts