US IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I saw JF he was driving the safety pickup on the ramp while talking on his cell phone...yes, I think PHX could use a much more dynamic safety coordinator.

I almost ran into his safety lead while he was talking on his cell phone and driving an electric cart. My bag tag and 4 carts against his buggy wouldn't be a fair match. There was always a double standard there but it also applied to my last station where all of the shift managers were former America West. They would be on the ramp writing esons but not wearing hearing protection. :rolleyes:

I would love to get my hands on an ESON booklet. I would take great pleasure in issuing them to management. It doesn't say which employee noticed the violation nor to whom it may be issued.

Wonder how much the pencil-pusher in the Sand Castle gets a year for his creation of the "Ramp Goon, a.k.a. EFAS" safety posters. Is that the best he can do? Corporate must really have no idea how degrading it is. Why is June "safety month"? Safety is 360 days a year, poster or no poster.

The original artist of EFAS, which premiered long ago in the East, left the company for Skybus several years ago.

Might be back, hard to say these days.

I would love to get my hands on an ESON booklet. I would take great pleasure in issuing them to management. It doesn't say which employee noticed the violation nor to whom it may be issued.

Joe the hell with the ESON book use our Contract any time we see one of our Clown Managers in PHL performing OUR work we file s grievance and we win them! Thats money in our pocket and a black mark in the file of that manager. Stick it to them that way I say

Joe the hell with the ESON book use our Contract any time we see one of our Clown Managers in PHL performing OUR work we file s grievance and we win them! Thats money in our pocket and a black mark in the file of that manager. Stick it to them that way I say
I agree! for me Ive earned quite a bit of respect from the entire dayshift though I work nights because Ive filed 3 grievances against a particular shift mgr and now Im working on filing my 3rd one against him for doing my job he took it upon himself to bring 6 to 8 bags from the jetway down and around the plane and placed them on the belt loader. last time i checked itsmy job not his

I agree! for me Ive earned quite a bit of respect from the entire dayshift though I work nights because Ive filed 3 grievances against a particular shift mgr and now Im working on filing my 3rd one against him for doing my job he took it upon himself to bring 6 to 8 bags from the jetway down and around the plane and placed them on the belt loader. last time i checked itsmy job not his

Bring me all extra help I can get... manager, supervisor, pilot... if they are willing to lend a small hand in order to bring better customer service and get the plane out on time, I will say, "thanks," not "here's my grievance." If any of those people wanted to be in the bins, I am sure they would have been qualified to have the job. People who are critical about management's crappy attitudes, while willing to submit a grievance for someone being considerate and helpful should find a mirror and see the real problem.

So Reflects Jester.

Bring me all extra help I can get... manager, supervisor, pilot... if they are willing to lend a small hand in order to bring better customer service and get the plane out on time, I will say, "thanks," not "here's my grievance." If any of those people wanted to be in the bins, I am sure they would have been qualified to have the job. People who are critical about management's crappy attitudes, while willing to submit a grievance for someone being considerate and helpful should find a mirror and see the real problem.

So Reflects Jester.
the real problem JESTER is that the shift mgr we have was a shift mgr who got hired for the job 6 or so yrs ago off the street from what i was told. we have enough agents and were doing our jobs we follow our union rules and thats that

i don't like where this conversation is going .... let's change the subject ... :up:

Hey i hear the union will be presenting the sick policy to the arbitrator this friday ...

GO UNION GO !!!

i hope our lawyer will bring up the fact that in this bad economy i bet alot of companies think that they can ABUSE their workers and get away with it .. (so the lawyer should take a pro worker stance by saying that US airways agreed to give it's workers SICK days and hence should not penizalize them for using them!)

let's also discuss that getting a level dropped off is pretty darn hard to do , in fact i'd call it unreasonable ... you have to wait 12 months to go from some levels ? how about 3 months instead ???

i hope our lawyer will paint the company policy as being HARSH and irrational yet not go overboard in our deamands ( let's hope he tries to present himself as the REASONABLE one as compared to the unreasonable company proponet )

also finally i hope the lawyer will try an emotinal plea to the judge on behalf of our workers who have familes to care for and cannot lose their jobs because of this B/S .... i hope he will make a plea on behalf of all the SINGLE MOTHERS who work out here and have to take care of their children !!! This policy punishes them more than anyone else and is completely sexist!!!!

GO UNION GO!

So Reflects Jester.

Personally, I'm going to say that Jester has the right concept. We are a customer service product. If the customers don't get treated right they'll eventually leave (at least I'd sure hope they'd be that smart).

And now let me smack Jester off the cloud. It's Managements responsibility to ensure there are enough agents to provide the proper level of customer service. In doing so they must follow the CBA. Management should not, can now, MUST NOT attemt to provive that needed level of service by violating the CBA, which, BTW, is a LEGAL obligation.

I guess jester does understand what scope language is, go ask your coworker who is laidoff on the street who's job it could save about needing an extra worker to handle the flights, how he feels about management doing labor's job?

The company agreed who's job it is an they have to beheld accountable for any violation of the CBA, do they look the other way when a worker violates its?

I guess jester does understand what scope language is, go ask your coworker who is laidoff on the street who's job it could save about needing an extra worker to handle the flights, how he feels about management doing labor's job?

The company agreed who's job it is an they have to beheld accountable for any violation of the CBA, do they look the other way when a worker violates its?

700UW and Necigrad,

Here's reality... By the time a Supervisor is notified of a problem, announces it to the break room, gets no response from anyone in the break room, cajoles and threatens rampers in the break room, orders a dozen to the gate (with 3 of them actually making it to the gate), and the rampers strolling casually to the gate, the flight will be late or the passenger awaiting a gate check will be angry for the delay.

More reality... Management won't hire more people to cover those situations, but instead Management will order rampers to be in zones, not break rooms or upstairs, with broom and dust pans, because as they told me in the military, "If you can lean, then you can clean." So there won't be another "coworker who is laidoff on the street" coming back.

Personally, I do not view Management typically as some monolith of hatred, contempt or wrath (with few noteworthy exceptions), although I do see ineptness and slothfulness. I most assure you that if Management wanted to hold fleet service to the exact letter of the CBA pink slips would be flying fast and furious. So yes, Management does look the other way many times on petty infractions (yes, that means the bin nappers, the weekend Mary Jane smokers, long lunch breaks and alike). But hey, let's flood the system with a bunch of petty grievances create a hostile environment of badwill and vindictiveness while the flying public spends their traveling dollars elsewhere, but SHAPOOPI we sure showed Management!

So Advises Jester.

You failed to see the point, first of all if it is a late gate check bag, the dispatch crew which are the rampers are there, the case mentioned showed the ramper in the bin loading the plane.

Do you not understand a CBA, scope language and what it means?

Hey dont worry then dont come to work and let ASIG or Hudson General work your flight since you dont care about the company violating your scope language which protects your job.

But I bet if the company said I am gonna pay you $6 an hour you would be the first one touting your CBA says that $XXX is your rate of pay.

Cant have it both ways.

Bring me all extra help I can get... manager, supervisor, pilot... if they are willing to lend a small hand in order to bring better customer service and get the plane out on time, I will say, "thanks," not "here's my grievance."

The problem is that it's not an issue of "let's work together to succeed," but rather, "let's work together so there can be less of you."

Status
Not open for further replies.