US Pilots Labor Discussion 1/6- OBSERVE THE RULES OF THE BOARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK, Folks,

I am starting the new thread for the pilot's labor thread after cleaning up the mess at the end of the last one.

You are getting dangerously close to losing this thread for a week....some of you really need to think harder before you post.

You ALL need to re-read the rules of the board which are posted at the top of the US Forum....

We don't like suspending members and deleting posts which could have been left up except for a few words or a sentence--but the rules are the rules.......

Come on now--y'all play nice, now.

Just out of curiosity, how is calling a union member an idiot and telling her to "get back in the kitchen!" taken out of context?

The individual who wrote this did USAPA no favors and seemed very flustered at what was going on with USAPA.

Looks like the cracks are getting bigger.

No wonder Ciabattoni ran.

No wonder the USAPA cheerleader want employment at will.

USAPA has been a failure from the beginning.

Cluebyfour:

Not really. And nobody in USAPA leadership is as smart as either Burr or Hamilton and that was 30 years post-Revolution.

If you search, I've actually brought that up when certain people have talked dogfights (I'm a pentathlon guy myself--and I made that clear to a certain poster who merely wanted to wager on a "dogfight" ).

The Founders would have been disgusted with USAPA. It's not particularly righteous nor principled, despite some chest thumping to the contrary."

Actually, the Code Duello existed for a very, very long time before the USA was even imagined, and wasn't any stranger to the people of colonial America. Surely you know this..????

No need for disparaging dogfights...although you've previously claimed yourself as a "pilot" :lol: How about five touches with epee's?...foils or sabres preffered, as there's actual art within those weapons, but I always found it quite amusing to watch pentathaletes fumble around the piste with epees, which, from any real fencer's viewpoint..seemed to pretty much just be time spent trying to figure out which end to hold on to...in between bouts of falling off horses, half-drowning in pools, and striving mightily not to shoot themselves in the foot of course... :lol:

No matter.....Were I you; I'd be a bit more respectful as to what the thoughts of the Founders would be. None of them can presently speak, and, while it varies with people, I'm hardly so amazingly arrogant so's to imagine my thoughts equal to those that made the miracle of America's creation happen...Your actual mileage may vary of course.....
:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, how is calling a union member an idiot and telling her to "get back in the kitchen!" taken out of context?

The individual who wrote this did USAPA no favors and seemed very flustered at what was going on with USAPA.

Whatever you say Dear. :rolleyes:

Appartently yesterdays LAS picket was successful in getting some media attention.

To give credit where credit is due, it is my understanding that Cleary, Mowery and other east pilots came out to LAS in support. Perhaps a West poster who attended can confirm the identity of the other east participants so they can also be recognized.

In an article about the LAS picket, Ted Reed quotes Com chair J. Ray, "This will go a long way to bring the pilots together", and "there's just one issue that divides this pilot group.....We're going to let the courts decide it, then we will work together to get east and west pilots the contract they deserve."

So, anyone got any first hand info?

Well, objectively speaking and for those with clear, lucid mental faculties you are entirely correct. Of course since the singular mission of USAPA is to delay implementation of the NIC by any and all means, those who support the same will claim that USAPA has a perfect twenty-two month track record. The fact that its existence also feeds the narcissistic, power hungry egos of those who hold leadership positions is just an added benefit to them – as long as it lasts that is. Money, pride, rational thinking, and integrity are just casualties of the battle.

A Letter From Former EVP Dave Ciabattoni

Obviously, avoiding the uncomfortable discussion of the motives of the leadership is what has gotten our pension-less, underpaid, overworked, and disrespected group to the place we find ourselves �€“ LOA 84, LOA 85, LOA 91, LOA 93, LOA 95 etc.

Q. WOW. He admits it. (Now, how can we make the WEST pilots pay for our failures?)

A. You cant.

A letter from the US Department of Labor has been received by USAPA concerning a complaint by David Schoppaul. I have received a copy from a committe member. The PDF file is too large to post here.

The DOL has ruled that no irregularities occured in the election cycle in question. The full report should be available to all shortly on the USAPA web site or by wide email distribution.

A Letter From Former EVP Dave Ciabattoni

Shocking! Corruption, arrogance, intimidation, willful violation of legal responsibilities, profligate spending, self-serving, power hungry, Machiavellian attitudes from the leadership of USAPA? Surely these things cannot be true of the new, squeaky-clean, most transparent upstart union ever formed.
Then again, maybe it’s time to launch an equally determined decertification campaign.

A letter from the US Department of Labor has been received by USAPA concerning a complaint by David Schoppaul. I have received a copy from a committe member. The PDF file is too large to post here.

The DOL has ruled that no irregularities occured in the election cycle in question. The full report should be available to all shortly on the USAPA web site or by wide email distribution.

Why the re-run? How often did that happen at ALPA? USAPA is still a sick joke.

Shocking! Corruption, arrogance, intimidation, willful violation of legal responsibilities, profligate spending, self-serving, power hungry, Machiavellian attitudes from the leadership of USAPA? Surely these things cannot be true of the new, squeaky-clean, most transparent upstart union ever formed.
Then again, maybe it’s time to launch an equally determined decertification campaign.

Imagine that, a Union run by fatcats, wasting money, ignoring concerns and acting like thugs!

Trouble in goon land?

What does anyone expect from a sham union created out of spite to specifically disenfranchise and reneg.

No big deal, Dave is trying to over throw the current leadership and get his old buddies in, whom we all know. Just politics.

Amazing how quickly these east guys turn on their own.
Nobody's turning, it's always been this away around here when ALPO was here it was the same old thing a certain few people always wanted to be the chief. You westies love to stir the pot. We do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.