US Pilots Labor Discussion 10/13-- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Wake Denies Addington Plaintiffs' Motion

Today, only two days after oral argument, Judge Wake issued an Order, which denied the plaintiffs' motion, pursuant to Rule 60(B), to reopen the dismissed Addington matter. Plaintiffs argued that Addington had suddenly ripened simply because US Airways filed a declaratory judgment action, and therefore Judge Wake should reopen the entire Addington case.
Judge Wake rejected plaintiffs' argument in today's Order noting that, "Plaintiffs' Rule 60(B) motion expressly asks the Court to vacate the judgment mandated by the Court of Appeals on the very issue disposed of by the Court of Appeals … But [Rule 60(B)] does not empower the Court to revive an action that the Court of Appeals ordered to be dismissed." A complete copy of today's Order can be located in USAPA's Legal Library.
USAPA will provide an update as soon as Judge Wake issues a decision on plaintiffs' motion to transfer the US Airways' declaratory judgment action to his Court.
USAPA Legal

After we could not negotiate an agreement and then we lost a mutually agreed upon, legally binding arbitration, you would not negotiate an agreement we liked.

Did I leave anything out, Pi brat?

You are good at putting words in my mouth, aren't you big boy? Have I ever given you permission to speak for me? If not, don't, because you can't carry the load.

Since you like to speak for me, let me speak for you and see if I get it right. I don't know the answers, but I'm going to go out on a limb here. You are not a MIGS. You didn't pay all that was required of you. If you are not a member, you have no voice or vote to change what you see as wrong with USAPA or to stand up for the rights of the west. And the really easy one............you think you are smarter than those you have to work with.

How'd I do?

Reactions: 1 person
Here are a few interesting quotes from ALPA's new president, Capt. Moak:

"It is the unemotional, reserved, calm, detached warrior who wins, not the hothead seeking vengeance and not the ambitious seeker of fortune." You guys know any of those? :D

On our mess:

"There's absolutely a fix," he said. "It will take all parties coming together with an open mind and addressing issues. ALPA can help with that."

What do you think west pilots, can he lead us out of this mess? :lol:

Well the first issue that would have to be addressed is how much is ALPA willing to reimburse the West pilots for the legal campaign we have had to fight because the former president decided to pick sides, violate ALPA protocols and commit a DFR against the West, then got voted of the property before we could sue.

The way I see it Prater owes me over $3,000. If Moak wants to pay it, that is fine.

Then we can talk about how we are going to get the Nic implemented into a joint contract all he wants.

Okay, I'll bite. What is the West's "hand" in the mess? Please be specific. If you can't, just say so and retract your statement. You're only human.

Most people that are not, but see themselves as........"victims", can't see where they had any part of a disagreement.

Nobody ever answered my questions about the west best offers prior to the Nic award. Does that tell you something? Naw, didn't think it would.

Well the first issue that would have to be addressed is how much is ALPA willing to reimburse the West pilots for the legal campaign we have had to fight because the former president decided to pick sides, violate ALPA protocols and commit a DFR against the West, then got voted of the property before we could sue.

The way I see it Prater owes me over $3,000. If Moak wants to pay it, that is fine.

Then we can talk about how we are going to get the Nic implemented into a joint contract all he wants.

Did you get that Capt. Moak? The west is owed, by gosh!!!!!!!!!!!

Judge Wake Denies Addington Plaintiffs' Motion

Today, only two days after oral argument, Judge Wake issued an Order, which denied the plaintiffs' motion, pursuant to Rule 60(B), to reopen the dismissed Addington matter. Plaintiffs argued that Addington had suddenly ripened simply because US Airways filed a declaratory judgment action, and therefore Judge Wake should reopen the entire Addington case.
Judge Wake rejected plaintiffs' argument in today's Order noting that, "Plaintiffs' Rule 60(B) motion expressly asks the Court to vacate the judgment mandated by the Court of Appeals on the very issue disposed of by the Court of Appeals … But [Rule 60(B)] does not empower the Court to revive an action that the Court of Appeals ordered to be dismissed." A complete copy of today's Order can be located in USAPA's Legal Library.
USAPA will provide an update as soon as Judge Wake issues a decision on plaintiffs' motion to transfer the US Airways' declaratory judgment action to his Court.
USAPA Legal

Who was the west pilot that stated on here that "Addington is now ripe!"? Come on, be a man and fess up.

clear,

Looks like your boy the desert judge is making quick decisions now. Somebody got spanked! Keep the donations coming.

Where is aqua and fergie? Working on a new update?

Hate

Who was the west pilot that stated on here that "Addington is now ripe!"? Come on, be a man and fess up.

You mean it is not?

Then why are we in front of Wake again?

BTW, I answered your question about the West's best offer at the end of the arbitration some time ago.

clear,

Looks like your boy the desert judge is making quick decisions now. Somebody got spanked! Keep the donations coming.

Where is aqua and fergie? Working on a new update?

Hate

Yes Judge Wake promised a quick response. Keeps his word.

I think he wanted to get the motion to transfer through the 9th as quickly as possible.

Has Seham sent usapa the dry cleaning bill yet for his and Granaths soiled pants?

You are good at putting words in my mouth, aren't you big boy? Have I ever given you permission to speak for me? If not, don't, because you can't carry the load.

Since you like to speak for me, let me speak for you and see if I get it right. I don't know the answers, but I'm going to go out on a limb here. You are not a MIGS. You didn't pay all that was required of you. If you are not a member, you have no voice or vote to change what you see as wrong with USAPA or to stand up for the rights of the west. And the really easy one............you think you are smarter than those you have to work with.

How'd I do?

Just speculating because you won't answer a direct question when it proves your position is wrong.

I am not a MIGS because USAPA is unfixable and I will not be associated with an organization that was formed to screw the West out of what they are legally and ethically entitled to.

Only the courts or a new union can clean up this mess now.

Anyone with half a brain would realize that after three seniority arbitrations in a row went against him he might be wrong, so yes, I pretty sure I'm smarter than the most USAPA supporters.

The majority of Captains I work with do not approve of what USAPA is doing.

Reactions: 2 people
You mean it is not?

Then why are we in front of Wake again?

BTW, I answered your question about the West's best offer at the end of the arbitration some time ago.

"Today, only two days after oral argument, Judge Wake issued an Order, which denied the plaintiffs' motion, pursuant to Rule 60."

I missed the post where you answered my question. I will go back and try to find it.

Addington might be ripe. In the oral argument of the Rule 60 ( b ) motion he inquired if the Addington plaintiffs had cross-claimed against USAPA in the Declaratory Relief action and was told that they had. So Wake knew he wasn't denying the Addington plaintiffs another day in court, just that absent the SCOTUS accepting Certiorari the Addington folks will now be making their claims as part of the Company's action.

It is interesting that Judge Wake did not yet rule on the transfer motion, especially after USAPA openly accused him of bias in his courtroom. Of course the best they could do to substantiate a bias claim was to say that he had ruled against them numerous times. If you don't believe me, read the transcript when it comes out. Since USAPA already aggravated Judge Silver the very first time they submitted a motion, they may be running out of judges to insult.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts