US Pilots Labor Discussion 12/14- OBSERVE THE RULES OF THE BOARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a Tenative Agreement is ever offered that contains appropriate pay, work rules, and vacation that improve the lot of all USAirways pilots, it will pass. Even with the Nicolau Award in Section 22.

Having said that, enjoy No Nic and LOA 93 for at least 2-4 more years absent a consolidation, since the company has no interest in concluding negotiations. But during that time, with no attrition and most of the Age 65 attrition eventually coming from the East F/O's, no upgrades and status quo bid position for the duration.

Priceless, indeed.
Your senior opinion. I predict you have totally underestimated the HONOR of this group. WE WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN!

If a Tenative Agreement is ever offered that contains appropriate pay, work rules, and vacation that improve the lot of all USAirways pilots, it will pass. Even with the Nicolau Award in Section 22.

Having said that, enjoy No Nic and LOA 93 for at least 2-4 more years absent a consolidation, since the company has no interest in concluding negotiations. But during that time, with no attrition and most of the Age 65 attrition eventually coming from the East F/O's, no upgrades and status quo bid position for the duration.

Priceless, indeed.
Now , do you really think the company wants an agreement? I think you might be having an eye sight problem.

Moderator warning:
Name deleted by moderator...see board rules.

The bottom line is this- you guys think you are going to come in here with a guy who was in elementary school when I was hired, and place him on top of me, and thousands like me.

I love how the east folks seem to think that being older means better, except when it comes to Mr. Nicolau who was working when YOU all were in elementary school.

Keep dreaming, too bad you all made a binding agreement, and someone has the audacity to want to hold you to it.

Hypocrisy....you are soaking in it!

Now do you really think the company wants an agreement? I think you might be having an eye sight problem.

Read the complete post LT9. The second parargraph addresses that subject.

I'll tell you again....it's not John.

Read the complete post LT9. The second parargraph addresses that subject.

I'll tell you again....it's not John.

And now for something completely different.
Today at 5:40PM via the CBS system the company distributed new security procedures. These new procedures are mandated by the Trasportation Security Agency. I will only cover the most interesting procedure.

The operator or its agents must pat down every passenger prior to bording with special emphasis on the upper leg and torso area.

There are additional requirements and this is a public board so watch for this info comming to a crew room computer near you. This is gonna be interesting.

I love how the east folks seem to think that being older means better, except when it comes to Mr. Nicolau who was working when YOU all were in elementary school.

Keep dreaming, too bad you all made a binding agreement, and someone has the audacity to want to hold you to it.

Hypocrisy....you are soaking in it!
I didn't pick him, had nothing to do with it. All ALPA. Adolph Hitler made a lot of binding agreements, and the world wasn't required to uphold them. Who would have picked Nicolau after Republic/NWA and Trump? Only ALPA picks. You were going against ALL of US past agreements, which were all DOH. Right 924 PS? You certainly got the benefit of that one too. Rightly so. Bottom line- you don't get your ill gotten prize. Not as long as we vote!

I am moving the following post over here from the Airbus Cancel's thread because, as nycbusdriver said further along in the thread, the thread had wandered.

My view on your question is that absent appropriate labor parties, either the union named in the contract or a successor (such as USAPA was to ALPA negotiated contracts) there is no contract and the company is free to do as it sees fit and in its own self interest. This scenario would obviously be awful for pilots because other than meeting FAA mandated requirements the company could do pretty much whatever it wanted.

I do not advocate that USAPA be demolished without a successor.

Thank you for that forthright answer. Somehow I think that many out west think Parker would find the Nicolau list sacrosact in the absence on the union. They need to know being non-union just to get rid of USAPA would make nothing sacrosanct and that Parker is perfectly free to do whatever is expedient and least costly to the company. Furloughing out of any perceived seniority (and upgrades at company whim) could very well be the order of the day if the west succeeds in killing USAPA without a CBA in place to succeed it.

I reiterate that ALPA is never coming back to this property unless through a buyout, IMO. And if (I don't believe this will happen) by some miracle they secure a huge damage award against USAPA, they will merely succeed in dissolving the association and biting of their nose to spite their face. Nicolau will then be meaningless.

Priceless, indeed.

N924PS,

Take your seniority and subtract 16 years and tell me what it would take for you to vote for it in a TA.

No contract containing Nic in section 22 could ever be fair nor could ever pass a vote. I guarantee you would vote against it after seeing what it would cost you.

You are a Nic victim as we all are.

underpants

I didn't pick him, had nothing to do with it. All ALPA. Adolph Hitler made a lot of binding agreements, and the world wasn't required to uphold them. Who would have picked Nicolau after Republic/NWA and Trump? Only ALPA picks.

Who is this mysterious ALPA? Do you mean the AAA MEC, which had the final strike from the strike list of potential arbitrators? If that is the answer you can find these guys in the front of East metal airplanes.

Seriously, ALPA National was strictly neutral and followed the procedures that were in place long before AWA and US Airways ever thought of combining.

Thank you for that forthright answer. Somehow I think that many out west think Parker would find the Nicolau list sacrosact in the absence on the union. They need to know being non-union just to get rid of USAPA would make nothing sacrosanct and that Parker is perfectly free to do whatever is expedient and least costly to the company. Furloughing out of any perceived seniority (and upgrades at company whim) could very well be the order of the day if the west succeeds in killing USAPA without a CBA in place to succeed it.

I reiterate that ALPA is never coming back to this property unless through a buyout, IMO. And if (I don't believe this will happen) by some miracle they secure a huge damage award against USAPA, they will merely succeed in dissolving the association and biting of their nose to spite their face. Nicolau will then be meaningless.

Now were talking! Without a union there is no more seniority! Get it west? You see, you guys out west just can't win, this is the plan b I be talking about. We are laying the groundwork to get rid of usapa if wake rules against us. Without a union the injunction goes bye bye, seniority goes bye bye and negotiations won't exist. At that point, who do you think Parker will listen too? The biggest voice. And who would that be? THE EAST!

See how our thinking works out east? DO you now understand that your victory from a biased court is hollow? You guys will never see the benefits of Nicolau and you have yourselfs to thank since you fail to negotiate.

Now were talking! Without a union there is no more seniority! Get it west? You see, you guys out west just can't win, this is the plan b I be talking about. We are laying the groundwork to get rid of usapa if wake rules against us. Without a union the injunction goes bye bye, seniority goes bye bye and negotiations won't exist. At that point, who do you think Parker will listen too? The biggest voice. And who would that be? THE EAST!

See how our thinking works out east? DO you now understand that your victory from a biased court is hollow? You guys will never see the benefits of Nicolau and you have yourselfs to thank since you fail to negotiate.

Oh the martyrdom! Truly desperate words from the east... I don't work for LCC anymore but if you boys out east are dumb enough to throw your union out the window just to spite the west/Nicolau/Judge Wake/9th Cir. then you'll gladly accept what comes you way right? Oh wait. You have never accepted any responsibility yet, why would you start now...

Oh the martyrdom! Truly desperate words from the east... I don't work for LCC anymore but if you boys out east are dumb enough to throw your union out the window just to spite the west/Nicolau/Judge Wake/9th Cir. then you'll gladly accept what comes you way right? Oh wait. You have never accepted any responsibility yet, why would you start now...

Bite your tongue man! Let me be straight with you. ALL OF US will walk away from this union if we don't get what we want! GET IT? NYCBUsdriver said it best above. Read his post.
Chatter up!

Let me be straight with you. ALL OF US will walk away from this union if we don't get what we want! GET IT?

I guess I don't GET IT......

Didn't you walk away from ALPA when you didn't get what you wanted?

How many unions will it take before you realize the game ended in 2007?

Bite your tongue man! Let me be straight with you. ALL OF US will walk away from this union if we don't get what we want! GET IT? NYCBUsdriver said it best above. Read his post.
Chatter up!

Maybe you could stomp your feet and scream that quote above? Good heavens! You sound like you're 2 years old! As far as the martyrdom of USAPA, I'll believe it when I see it. However I don't believe there has ever been a moment in history that could rival the level of stupidity in this industry. If carried out... You have heard of cutting off your nose to spite your face right?

You guys always have someone to blame in all your woes. Question though... Have you been able to identify a common denominator?

Without a union ...who do you think Parker will listen too? The biggest voice. And who would that be? THE EAST!

I agree that a west victory that leads to the dissolution of USAPA would be a hollow victory, I must disagree with your logic regarding Parker listening to the "biggest" voice.

There would be no voice. None. Parker would have to listen to no pilot in the absence of a union. He wouldn't listen to the east. He wouldn't listen to the west. He would listen to his financial advisers and make every decision regarding the pilots based on that.

The "nuclear option" of killing off USAPA would leave no winners except the company. Parker could simply impose E190 pay for all pilots, and have us fly to FARs. There would be nothing to stop him from doing just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts