US Pilots Labor Discussion 2/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't going to be any "where was the damage?" You are going to go up against a jury in NC with charges of blocking a safety hotline, and it can be proved, with a jury. Your boys have a huge target on their backs, and if they make the mistake of going into a NC trial with those charges, in light of the 1549 deal, then your guys are going to literally be crucified. And your funding them isn't going to look too good either. Have fun!
Come on Black Swan, for all anyone knows, it could have been you who was blocking the safety hotline, it in fact anyone did at all. In usapa's complaint, not a single named defendant was alleged to have blocked the safety hotline. Why is that?

Now the good people of NC, they don't cotton to thugs blocking safety hotlines. Especially the ones operating when 1549 went down. A HUGE mistake for your boys. We've got the proof. Wait till that one goes before a jury.

First, the Catus 18 have already been to NC, and the judge threw usapa out.

I envision, somewhere between 5 to 12 of the Cactus 18, suing usapa in there own home states of TX, AZ, WA, NM, PA, maybe a few others. See this might change from one lost legal campaign usapa started, into a dozen seperate suits filed by a dozen individuals against the organization that wrongfully sought to prosecute them.

Problem for the Cactus 18 is, there is not going to be any usapa or usapa money left for them to collect from.

Problem for the Cactus 18 is, there is not going to be any usapa or usapa money left for them to collect from.
??? USAPA generates something on the order of $12 mil a year. That's plenty of money for phase II of Addington damges and the Cactus 18. The only thing, USAPA will have to go on a severe diet, but perhaps USAPA-lite would be a good thing for everyone.

This isn't going to be any "where was the damage?" You are going to go up against a jury in NC with charges of blocking a safety hotline, and it can be proved, with a jury. Your boys have a huge target on their backs, and if they make the mistake of going into a NC trial with those charges, in light of the 1549 deal, then your guys are going to literally be crucified. And your funding them isn't going to look too good either. Have fun!
I suggest that you educate yourself about this case. The more you talk the more you look foolish.

Only in usapa land is a phone call to a public 800 number considered a federal crime. Would you mind posting a single name of a west pilot accused of calling the safety hotline?

you see the federal charges are about RICO not about a phone call. You are way out on a limb on this one.

??? USAPA generates something on the order of $12 mil a year. That's plenty of money for phase II of Addington damges and the Cactus 18. The only thing, USAPA will have to go on a severe diet, but perhaps USAPA-lite would be a good thing for everyone.

How much can a jury award a plaintiff if he wins a wrongful prosecution verdict against his own union representation. I would think that at least a 5 million award per plaintiff who had to quit his career against his wishes because of a hostile attack from his reps would not be too far off base. 8 of them win that and it is 40 million. Even usapa lite would not have that kind of change laying around for at least 5 years, and after they get the bill from Addington, they will never have it.

Besides, these Welchers will dump this association about a day and a half after they lose the damages trial.

The lets work together attitude by the West is not displayed in the videos they are making readily available on youtube. Check all the videos out you can find with the help of this link. They deserve their say, more importantly you deserve to hear it and process the information.

The West claims LOA 05 expires, but LOA 93 does not. Convenient legitimacy of causes.

Solidarity matters unless it conflicts with seniority.

How much can a jury award a plaintiff if he wins a wrongful prosecution verdict against his own union representation. I would think that at least a 5 million award per plaintiff who had to quit his career against his wishes because of a hostile attack from his reps would not be too far off base. 8 of them win that and it is 40 million. Even usapa lite would not have that kind of change laying around for at least 5 years, and after they get the bill from Addington, they will never have it.

Besides, these Welchers will dump this association about a day and a half after they lose the damages trial.
$5 mil would be a bit much for each of the Cactus 18, but I'd think 200-300K apiece would be a reasonable award for the harm suffered. But the issue here would be whether the institution is liable versus the individual USAPA officers who were behind the suit, as individuals. Libel and defamation are intentional torts which leads me to believe we're talking individual liability and not entity liability, but I really don't know. The 18's lawyer will surely have it figured out though. As for the Addington damages, take half of the collected dues money and you're still looking at $6 mil or so. That paid over a few years would go a long way to help make the injured West pilots whole, but nothing will ever make them totally whole at this point. The damages award would follow to any voluntary change of bargaining agents, so the only potential way to possibly avoid paying damages would be to go non-union. Boy, wouldn't that be a hoot! :up:

Less than 3000 voted for USAPA, so I'll take your number as another made up "fact". But like I said, only the very dense or the very greedy...

Jim

Sigh...It's really OK Jim...You've truly done, still do your best to represent all the clueless alpa suck-ups....We all understand...you've fought the "good fight" for alpa....and lost....well...you can finally let it all go now. No hard feeelings. Requim en pace :rolleyes:

$5 mil would be a bit much for each of the Cactus 18, but I'd think 200-300K apiece would be a reasonable award for the harm suffered.

Aww..nuts!!..there goes the change jar!...and I hadn't even sorted out all the quarters! :lol:

And of course you have proof of these allegations and that these acts were committed by west pilots rather than east pilots as
1549 and the safety hotline! :lol: Does USAPA know how to turn on a TV? The story was plastered over every news service before the first passenger was rescued. What was USAPA going to do anyway - help Sully land in the Hudson? Call the ferry boats? What a joke. All USAPA amateurs could do would be to get in the professionals' way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Messrs Sully and Skiles are on record as fully supportive of the the union's work with that incident...which, I suppose makes them "USAPA amateurs" as well? :rolleyes: Umm...perhaps the flight/all of this should all have been left in the hands of AWA "professionals" instead? :lol:

News flash we did not want to be hooked up with you guys.

Well..then it seems there should be problem out west with continued seperate ops. "we did not want to hooked up with you guys" would be an incredible level of understatement from east perspectives as well....so...and I mean this seriously, and without any "Nyaah, Nyaah" component; what's really wrong with keeping these "happy groups" seperated??????????

I believe the West pilots have the resolve and the funding to see it through another trial.

It would be probably be worth it to them just to see Steven Bradford on the witness stand.

Honest question? = You've evidently always been all about the west pilots and the nic. Have YOU contributed to their legal funds?...if not..WHY not?...or..are you just a balmy zephyr of moist, fetid air? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back