US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pi it is my belief that it will be more of us doing the diving.

Geeze dca. We are along for the ride. I won't be jumping, just one more bump in the road.

Boeing boy and I have had our disagreements in the past, but I think he might be right on with his assessment of this.

USAPA BPR Conference Call Recap: April 24, 2012

The Board of Pilot Representatives conducted an Informational Conference Call on Monday, April 23, 2012. The majority of the meeting included discussions and details of Confidential Information provided by the Allied Pilot Association (APA) concerning their discussions with US Airways management, their view of the current status of a potential merger between US Airways and AMR, and the terms of the Conditional Labor Agreement between US Airways and APA.

President Gary Hummel gave a brief overview of this week's upcoming informal meetings with APA's Officers, Negotiating Committee and Merger Committee, and upcoming tentative meetings which include:

- Tuesday, 4/24 - USAPA President Hummel and the NAC will meet with Attorney Roland Wilder to discuss negotiating strategy and prepare for a meeting the following day at the NMB.

- Wednesday, 4/25 - USAPA President Hummel, the NAC, and Attorney Wilder will meet with the National Mediation Board to discuss the status of negotiations with US Airways.

- Thursday, 4/26 - The Officers will meet with APA Officers for an informal get-acquainted session. USAPA Negotiating Committee and Merger Committee will meet their counterparts in a similar meeting.

- Monday, 4/30 - A BPR meeting is in the planning stages for Monday and Tuesday of next week. Guests will include APA President David Bates and members of the APA Negotiating and Merger committees.

Tony Chapman (APA VP) and Neil Roghair (APA Negotiating Committee Chairman) joined the call for approximately 45 minutes. Each thanked the BPR for the opportunity to participate in the call, made brief statements, and then answered questions from the Board. After questions and answers, the two gentlemen from APA were thanked for their time and left the call. Attached to this email is a summary from the APA Negotiating Committee to the APA pilots, including some key points of the Conditional Labor and Plan of Restructuring Agreement APA Negotiating Committee has reached with the management of US Airways.

Next, Merger Counsel Pat Szymanski gave a thorough briefing to the Board on the confidential documents provided by the APA. This included various timelines and scenarios. He answered many questions from the Board, including several concerning the Scope provisions of the contract and various other issues that would arise in the event of a merger between US Airways and AMR. Most relevant were:

- AMR has exclusive rights until September 28 to submit a Plan of Reorganization in the AMR bankruptcy proceeding without any other suitors interfering. It is possible that a Plan of Reorganization could be submitted by some other party such as US Airways before that date, but it would be unlikely that the Court would entertain a competing plan absent agreement from AMR.

- t is important for us to begin work on a Conditional Transition Agreement with US Airways and APA that would govern wages, conditions and other items in the event of a merger between US Airways and AMR. Such an agreement would protect the interests of our pilots. A Conditional Transition Agreement could set wages and conditions during the transition period and would establish the procedure for negotiating a consolidated collective bargaining agreement and establishing an integrated seniority list.

- In the absence of some agreement to the contrary, the parties would be required to follow the provisions of the McCaskill-Bond amendment to determine an integrated seniority list. McCaskill-Bond provides that, if the union parties cannot agree on an integrated list, a "fair and equitable" list will be determined through impartial arbitration.

More details will follow, and we will keep you abreast of the developments. For now, know that we have implemented an action plan that is dynamic and will continue to evolve with guidance from your BPR, as new details become available.

We have all made a tremendous investment in our company. Management wouldn't be in the position they are in today without our sacrifices. Rest assured your Officers, Committees and Legal Team know what is expected of us, and we will be working to meet or exceed those expectations. From USAPA President Gary Hummel: There is no greater illusion than fear, and no greater misfortune than having an enemy. Perhaps the lessons learned during US Airways' last attempt at a merger will provide a better opportunity for us all.

USAPA Communications

I fully expected the response I got... :lol: Did you or did you not say: "I'll contribute to the west legal cause?" We'll see if Leonidas gets that $8000 check.

I know, check's in the mail. <_<

You prove the point that as a group we are all alike. Same % of aholes. The guy let's you know that you are wrong, but you keep digging.

Would the East pilots be better off accepting the Nicolau Award?

Therefore, could the Nicolau Award be a better AA-US SLI starting point for the East pilots by having the top 517 positions? Right now the East and West pilots do not have a seniority integration or implemented list. Could the West pilots actually do better than the East pilots in the AA SLI because the three airline list will be relative position comprised of AA, East, & West flying with the East losing the top 517 positions?

How ironic it would be for USAPA to hurt the East pilots AA SLI and improve the West pilots SLI with a 1 to 1 to 1 McCaskill-Bond integration with a 7-year fence, the AA guys keeping their widebody flying, and then the AA and West pilots both capturing the East attrition. And, there is absolutely nothing USAPA can do about it.

Would the East pilots do better with the AA SLI if they had accepted the Nicolau Award and the top 517 positions? Me thinks so...

A good many of the "top 517" are no longer here. The rest wont be here long. The names will in effect just be a phantom list that means nothing after 7 year fence and actual integration with AA.

Everyone on the east list that was hired prior to 1988 is stapled under all west pilots with NIC.

A huge amount of those hired before 1988 take a massive hit with NIC.

For a large section of the pilot group 3 way a McCaskill-Bond integration will be much better than anything with NIC.

But knowing where you are on the seniority list on the east I can understand why you want to throw 1/3 of the active pilots under the bus and drag another 1/3 along behind the bus. Just like 10 years ago you are out for what is best for you.

2002, 2012, and you still singing the same song. And yes I am junior to you, and NIC may not effect me too bad. But it will really effect the list not too far below me. I won't willingly toss them under the bus just so I can move up a few digits on an integrated AA list. Think about that the next time you look over and your F/O is younger than say 52 or so. There is a good chance he is one of those hired after 1988.

Stop being idiots and work together to get the best deal. By idiots I mean quit trying to overreach and be smart with your positions, being able to back up things with facts. IOW don't demand NIC use the retirement numbers as capital for a better integration, don't make stupid demands.

Recent westie posters,

The Chutzpah of you guys is unbelievable!

Listen up........No rational Eastie is buying the notion that somehow you folk hold the leverage card in any matter ( ie AA sli ) concerning the Nic. We have NOT and will NOT just forget what the 9th put in writing.

So keep your precious Nic safely tucked in that sun less void, we really are not threatened by your unending scenarios that imply

But but but ........if you only accept Nic .......Blah Blah Blah

FA

Now there you have two truly desperate posts.

I'll add something else, PI. I did not mean to insult your southern man. :lol:

As a southern man I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what you think of me.

Funny world isn't it? I think a lot of LS, a westie that I don't always see eye to eye with, but respect. It bugs me more that you disparage him more than if you disparage me.

DCA,

Feel free to correct my ways via a pm(s).

Multiple times here recently I have asked your DOH year to better understand where you may be coming from.
Stated mine, yet you ignore question. I've nothing to hide and been way more forthcoming in my views with only a couple of personal insults . Then I watch as westie upon westie throw their juvenile insults my way and completely avoid my text or blather their pov ad nausium as if we don't know them.

Yet as a new poster ( claiming to be an Eastie ) you pronounce my general embarrassment to my East bretheren with my talk. Then you fail to point out the " talk " that is embarrassing . Rather weak in my POV.

Btw.....we shall see how clt & Phl respond . Too early to be pondering the tea leaves.

As far as the Nic, I will live just fine with it! This has only been a job for quite some time IMO. Zippo to lose sleep over.
That said, fat chance I will not fight the Nic fiasco till my dying breath. Simply put.......Nic was wrong and failed to meet many Alpa conditions.

FA

FA I am coming from 7 years of stagnation. 7 years of money lost that I will never see recouped. 7 years that might have seen a second contract. That is where I'm coming from. And you don't need to know anything more about me beyond that. It's time to move forward, make some money, and stop working like fools because we think we can get around the Niclau. We can't. If there was away don't you believe it would have been exploited by one of our teams of lawyers? I know the difference between ripeness and merit. Winning on ripeness is not a win, but merely a delay. I haven't used this board enough to know how to pm but I'd rather keep my conversations up front. The recalls show the attitudes have changed. Please call your reps and ask them how many calls they've gotten over their behavior.

I also find unbelievable the ALPAphiles are starting to go batshit in their zeal to work a cram down to screw as many of their fellow East pilots as they can...

and it is embarrassing that they are prostrating themselves in front of the West pilots like lapdogs wanting affirmation and a pat on the head. :blink:
Isn't that how it always ends with you guys? :lol:

And yes, I have cancelled my DCO.

Since the NAC and AA's pilot received the Conditional Labor and Plan of Reorganization Agreement last Friday why has our union not released the agreement to our pilots?

How come we can't see the so-called "devil in the details" too? What's the secret? I believe APA's NC will control the process and the CLPR will become our new contract; however, I'm tired of USAPA thinking we are too dumb to read the deal and make our own decision. Are you tired of being left in the dark by the NAC?

I sure hope Hummel fires DiOrio and Colello and replaces them with people who can "negotiate versus pontificate." DiOrio is great at pointing fingers and fails to deliver. Are you sick of it yet?
I have emailed both Dean and Paul asking them when we could see the plans. Neither has responded yet. Do you now if it's protected by a confidentiality agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back