US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that how it always ends with you guys? :lol:

And yes, I have cancelled my DCO.

Great! And here's a tip for you: Don't pay the bill, and don't answer any certified letters from USAPA. They won't really try to fire you and you can use the extra cash to move2dfw.

Compass Correction Coalition Update (Making Ourselves Irrelevant!): April 24, 2012

Let’s get this point straight from the “git-go”: The “Mysterious Trip to PHX” by all four of the newly elected Officers, last month - was about one thing; trying to mend fences with a large sub-set of our US Airways Pilots. Hummel ran on the idea that only one of the 29 Sections of our contract is internally contentious and that the PHX based pilots needs to be included. The seniority issue will be decided, but not by glaring at each other and by systematically elbowing the PHX pilots out of union positions.

As it turns, the Officer’s trip was timely and prescient. Now, we are having a merger shoved down our collective throats and unity between the East and West of US Airways becomes more than the right thing to do; it is now vital for us all. That unity is the only thing standing between a mutually negotiated working agreement, or in the unsavory alternative, a petition by APA, to the NMB, for single carrier status and APA has agreed to petition the NMB at the time of a corporate transaction. APA would then be “our” Collective Bargaining Agent and USAPA would cease to exist! Get it now??? APA would then, (being the vast majority) do whatever they like, within reason. Whatever they negotiate and ratify would then become our contract too.

One would think that the above would be obvious to everyone, most especially to every elected representative on the Board of Pilot Representatives. Recently, two of the Representatives of the PHL, (Jamie Weidner did NOT participate) and all three of the CLT Domicile Reps, published a screed so pointless, inaccurate and paranoid that it made us all look like children.

POINT HERE: for whatever happy (inane) reason, The PHL Domicile Representatives woke up the next day and published a wonderful and informative update, (including Weidner this time…no coincidence there) – so, we are cautiously optimistic that the bigger picture is coming into focus for Szyprka and Gillies.

We have all read the fantasy that Hummel has had “secret” negotiations with Parker and APA, some of these crazy ideas published by our Representatives. Well, by their own account, APA states that these negotiations have taken place over, “the last several months”. So we ask; are we looking to the wrong President of USAPA, when we make the accusation of secret negotiation?

Our new officer corps, led by President Gary Hummel (who you elected!) has been in office for less than one week!

Here is the point: this whole transaction is moving at high speed and has been initiated without consultation with your union and mine, USAPA. Ask yourselves why management chose to not trust USAPA to be a part of this transaction…then ask yourselves if you elected the new Officers to act like the old ones, or to foster a professional, working, if not exactly friendly relationship with Parker and company. Perhaps, if we hadn’t beaten the company with a stick at every, single opportunity, this merger would not have come as such a surprise to your union?

Now, we have exactly five Representatives, three at CLT and two at PHL, who continue to lick their various wounds, (real and imagined). These guys cast stones, divert blame to others and hurl accusations in a way all too reminiscent of the recently departed President and Vice President, and all for spite!

Their results will be identical to that of the departed President; we will be isolated from participation in events that affect our professional futures. We will be ignored by management, as they turn their attention to a more receptive and majority group of pilots; APA. In short, the actions of the past administration along with the continuation of the same behavior by certain reps are rendering you and me Irrelevant.

Write your Representatives…NOW. Hold all of your elected union Representatives and Officers accountable; not just for results, but for their behavior, decorum and conduct.

Sinking the new Officer Corps, for the sake of political revenge is certainly a result…but is it the result The Line Pilot is looking for? Is this what we expect, in this time of critical actions and sober thought...and true representation of your best interest?

Respectfully,

Woody Menear PHL 76I
Rich Wargin CLT B737

Compass Correction Coalition Update (Making Ourselves Irrelevant!): April 24, 2012

Let’s get this point straight from the “git-go”: The “Mysterious Trip to PHX” by all four of the newly elected Officers, last month - was about one thing; trying to mend fences with a large sub-set of our US Airways Pilots. Hummel ran on the idea that only one of the 29 Sections of our contract is internally contentious and that the PHX based pilots needs to be included. The seniority issue will be decided, but not by glaring at each other and by systematically elbowing the PHX pilots out of union positions.

As it turns, the Officer’s trip was timely and prescient. Now, we are having a merger shoved down our collective throats and unity between the East and West of US Airways becomes more than the right thing to do; it is now vital for us all. That unity is the only thing standing between a mutually negotiated working agreement, or in the unsavory alternative, a petition by APA, to the NMB, for single carrier status and APA has agreed to petition the NMB at the time of a corporate transaction. APA would then be “our” Collective Bargaining Agent and USAPA would cease to exist! Get it now??? APA would then, (being the vast majority) do whatever they like, within reason. Whatever they negotiate and ratify would then become our contract too.

One would think that the above would be obvious to everyone, most especially to every elected representative on the Board of Pilot Representatives. Recently, two of the Representatives of the PHL, (Jamie Weidner did NOT participate) and all three of the CLT Domicile Reps, published a screed so pointless, inaccurate and paranoid that it made us all look like children.

POINT HERE: for whatever happy (inane) reason, The PHL Domicile Representatives woke up the next day and published a wonderful and informative update, (including Weidner this time…no coincidence there) – so, we are cautiously optimistic that the bigger picture is coming into focus for Szyprka and Gillies.

We have all read the fantasy that Hummel has had “secret” negotiations with Parker and APA, some of these crazy ideas published by our Representatives. Well, by their own account, APA states that these negotiations have taken place over, “the last several months”. So we ask; are we looking to the wrong President of USAPA, when we make the accusation of secret negotiation?

Our new officer corps, led by President Gary Hummel (who you elected!) has been in office for less than one week!

Here is the point: this whole transaction is moving at high speed and has been initiated without consultation with your union and mine, USAPA. Ask yourselves why management chose to not trust USAPA to be a part of this transaction…then ask yourselves if you elected the new Officers to act like the old ones, or to foster a professional, working, if not exactly friendly relationship with Parker and company. Perhaps, if we hadn’t beaten the company with a stick at every, single opportunity, this merger would not have come as such a surprise to your union?

Now, we have exactly five Representatives, three at CLT and two at PHL, who continue to lick their various wounds, (real and imagined). These guys cast stones, divert blame to others and hurl accusations in a way all too reminiscent of the recently departed President and Vice President, and all for spite!

Their results will be identical to that of the departed President; we will be isolated from participation in events that affect our professional futures. We will be ignored by management, as they turn their attention to a more receptive and majority group of pilots; APA. In short, the actions of the past administration along with the continuation of the same behavior by certain reps are rendering you and me Irrelevant.

Write your Representatives…NOW. Hold all of your elected union Representatives and Officers accountable; not just for results, but for their behavior, decorum and conduct.

Sinking the new Officer Corps, for the sake of political revenge is certainly a result…but is it the result The Line Pilot is looking for? Is this what we expect, in this time of critical actions and sober thought...and true representation of your best interest?

Respectfully,

Woody Menear PHL 76I
Rich Wargin CLT B737

I agree with the CCC Update above.

I did not get this yet but it expresses my sentiments exactly. We are doing this two ourselves. I read the posts here from other easy pilots that are baseless and have so much wishful thinking behind the words that it makes me cringe. We are being left out of this merger because of the behavior of our previous administration. It's quite obvious that same behavior lives here and it must stop. We lose because we fight without thought to the repercussions. We have no unity and we are weak. That's why we are where we are. All the hope won't change what's coming. We've been doing that for 7 long years and losing money at the same time. We are our own worst enemy.

I fully expected the response I got... :lol: Did you or did you not say: "I'll contribute to the west legal cause?" We'll see if Leonidas gets that $8000 check.

I know, check's in the mail. <_<
It's already there. My initials are LD. Call up a Leonidas principle and ask. It wasn't one check, but a series over the last couple years, and one pay pal.

I'm serious, call.

Will Doug Parker bypass USAPA?

Earlier today I opined that USAPA may not be on our property too much longer in an email titled, "How long will USAPA be our union?"

Tonight the Compass Correction Coalition said, "APA has agreed to petition the NMB at the time of a corporate transaction. APA would then be “our” Collective Bargaining Agent and USAPA would cease to exist! Get it now??? APA would then, (being the vast majority) do whatever they like, within reason. Whatever they negotiate and ratify would then become our contract too."

Have the actions of Mike Cleary, two PHL Reps, the 3 CLT Reps, and their supporters made us irrelevant? Has Doug Parker had enough of USAPA with the illegal job action, lawsuits, excessive NAC demands of over $1.1 billion/year in new contract improvements, childish stickers with Doug's name with a red diagonal line plastered on US Airways' property, juvenile negative statements about our CEO written on bathroom walls, USAPA opposing every management initiative, and the so-called safety campaign to discredit our company caused Doug to not include our union in any merger/APA CLPR discussions?

In my opinion, it is time for Gary Hummel to fire Paul DiOrio, Dean Colello, and Bill Glynn from their Committee positions and find the best possible people, East or West, to be added to our Merger Committee.

It appears we are along for the ride with our new contract and the only merger major issue we can effect is the McCaskill-Bond SLI. USAPA has largely become irrelevant and US Airways and APA have apparently agreed for APA to become our union ASAP.

Finally, I strongly encourage the PHL pilots to vote for Jamie Wiedner in the upcoming PHL Special Domicile Run Off election.

I did not get this yet but it expresses my sentiments exactly. We are doing this two ourselves. I read the posts here from other easy pilots that are baseless and have so much wishful thinking behind the words that it makes me cringe. We are being left out of this merger because of the behavior of our previous administration. It's quite obvious that same behavior lives here and it must stop. We lose because we fight without thought to the repercussions. We have no unity and we are weak. That's why we are where we are. All the hope won't change what's coming. We've been doing that for 7 long years and losing money at the same time. We are our own worst enemy.

DCA,

Understand your pov but with lack of doh info given above I think more likely your of the CM variety that Kerosenuser replies to in post # 38557.
I am assuming Kero meant post 88 instead of prior in his quote below but we all get it:

"Everyone on the east list that was hired prior to 1988 is stapled under all west pilots with NIC."

That " throw under bus concept " really goes against my principles and Mgt benefits indirectly from this situation. As an early 88 hire very very few westies were placed below me per Nic and all the returning furloughs lost their earned LOS. That's criminal in my POV.
Your unity argument is supposed to persuade a " I give up attitude " in myself? Obviously NOT and I'm not alone. I have not met another east pilot Who is ready to concede this fight . Hells bells......were 1st down and 2 yards for TD.
If you feel your bretheren are costing you $, by all means speak up. Just accept that they also have crunched the numbers and after 7 years we are where we are per those $ decisions. If majority deems otherwise as you suggest is currently in the works, then I as well will " suck it up and move on ". Is that not reasonable?

FA

The only one that's irrelevant around here is you CHIP!!! You're a day late and a doller short with this post. The info about APA and the NMB is old news. BTW, they've already had a disscusion about what's going to happen.

DCA,

Understand your pov but with lack of doh info given above I think more likely your of the CM variety that Kerosenuser replies to in post # 38557.
I am assuming Kero meant post 88 instead of prior in his quote below but we all get it:

"Everyone on the east list that was hired prior to 1988 is stapled under all west pilots with NIC."

That " throw under bus concept " really goes against my principles and Mgt benefits indirectly from this situation. As an early 88 hire very very few westies were placed below me per Nic and all the returning furloughs lost their earned LOS. That's criminal in my POV.
Your unity argument is supposed to persuade a " I give up attitude " in myself? Obviously NOT and I'm not alone. I have not met another east pilot Who is ready to concede this fight . Hells bells......were 1st down and 2 yards for TD.
If you feel your bretheren are costing you $, by all means speak up. Just accept that they also have crunched the numbers and after 7 years we are where we are per those $ decisions. If majority deems otherwise as you suggest is currently in the works, then I as well will " suck it up and move on ". Is that not reasonable?

FA

If you haven't met another pilot who is ready to move on then you aren't asking too many pilots or they're lying to you. Time for bed.

Earlier today I opined that USAPA may not be on our property too much longer in an email titled, "How long will USAPA be our union?"

Tonight the Compass Correction Coalition said, "APA has agreed to petition the NMB at the time of a corporate transaction. APA would then be “our” Collective Bargaining Agent and USAPA would cease to exist! Get it now??? APA would then, (being the vast majority) do whatever they like, within reason. Whatever they negotiate and ratify would then become our contract too."

Have the actions of Mike Cleary, two PHL Reps, the 3 CLT Reps, and their supporters made us irrelevant? Has Doug Parker had enough of USAPA with the illegal job action, lawsuits, excessive NAC demands of over $1.1 billion/year in new contract improvements, childish stickers with Doug's name with a red diagonal line plastered on US Airways' property, juvenile negative statements about our CEO written on bathroom walls, USAPA opposing every management initiative, and the so-called safety campaign to discredit our company caused Doug to not include our union in any merger/APA CLPR discussions?

In my opinion, it is time for Gary Hummel to fire Paul DiOrio, Dean Colello, and Bill Glynn from their Committee positions and find the best possible people, East or West, to be added to our Merger Committee.

It appears we are along for the ride with our new contract and the only merger major issue we can effect is the McCaskill-Bond SLI. USAPA has largely become irrelevant and US Airways and APA have apparently agreed for APA to become our union ASAP.

Finally, I strongly encourage the PHL pilots to vote for Jamie Wiedner in the upcoming PHL Special Domicile Run Off election.

APA will be the union, the sky will fall, famine, pestilence, and earthquakes will abound, chickens will run without heads, and then APA will reverse the order of the Nic and staple everyone on the bottom below their last furloughed pilots (all 1,500 plus of them)!! You don't believe it...what happened to TWA and Reno?

Who cares about the McCaskil-Bond law.. APA can do what ever they please.

Hey do you think we could start a petition to have John Prater, Chris Bebe, and Jack Stephen be our negotiating committee? Why don't we offer them triple FPL and see what they say?

Don't forget to call Lance back too. :rolleyes:

The USAPA Assclowns should be tarred and feathered and run out of town. They shouldn't be operating a push lawn mower, let alone an airplane. USAPA will be a humorous footnote long forgotten in the annals of time...

The USAPA Assclowns should be tarred and feathered and run out of town. They shouldn't be operating a push lawn mower, let alone an airplane. USAPA will be a humorous footnote long forgotten in the annals of time...

Forgotten... What is it that prevents retirees from forgetting and moving on? I think you are nursing that hatred a little too well for it to die out any time soon.

Forgotten... What is it that prevents retirees from forgetting and moving on? I think you are nursing that hatred a little too well for it to die out any time soon.

I enjoy a good story, when I talk to labor attorneys about this whole USAPA thing and point them to the whole story, they are typically flabbergasted by the supreme arrogance and utter stupidity of USAPA.

I love watching the entitlement east continue to fight for their own greedy self interest, in flagrant denial of the facts and their binding arbitration. And, its worth it to laugh my ass off at you when you lose, which is often and predictable.

Its also a hell of a lot cheaper than going to graduate school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back