US Pilots labor thread 4/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fabulous attempt to spin, that doesn't fly. He wasn't charged, and it does not mention who he works for! This must be the kind of stuff Firebird talks up when he hangs at the food court trying to convince other pilots he has no blood on his hands. This is probably how it really goes at the food court. NW Pilot, has been on strike probably 5 times, trying to enjoy a bite of food during a long day..... Firebird " Hi Bud, I am a USAirways pilot, a west one. Can you believe how those east pilots won't let me, with 3 years seniority take my 330 left seat, after arbitration even!" NW pilot. Listen kid, go earn it. Those guys had those things long before you even were hired. Wipe the mayo off your chin, and leave me alone..........."
I didnt see this post before I responded. Hmmmm....a 3 year guy taking a A330 Left seat....where do you dream this stuff up? Look at the Nic award. Where do you find a 3 year guy doing that or even assuming he is going to do that? Keep off the peyote, its affecting your reasoning.

Sorry that the other pilot groups laugh AT you, and not WITH you. You brought it on yourself. Greed doesnt pay. And it's Freebird. Think of Skynyrd....

Reactions: 3 people
I don't have a link either. But it went something like this.

East guy 57 and his neighbor 73 get in a fight about the placement of a fence on their side by side properties. (fighting over a fence, imagine that....)

Cops are called but by the time they arrive things have calmed down and so they leave. Disscussion begins again and escalates to the point that guns are drawn and the shooting starts. Both guys shoot each other TWICE and no one dies. East guy needs lessons from the Airbus shooter I guess.

So here we have an East guy fighting to the point of shooting at an older guy over what the Older guy wants.................How can this be ????
We are all told on this board frequently that old guys are supposed to get their way since that have been here longer etc etc. Situational ethics at its finest I suppose.

Just imagine what the note to the CPO musta looked like. " Quick draw Mcgraw will be off line as a result of unsuccessful Gunplay"..........
Flip
Imagine that, another story, and no link again. And when you get a link, there is no charge, and it is not a USAirways pilot. That is the problem on this board. Most east guys don't waste their time here, It is populated mostly by wacky west pilots.And this is why. I can only imagine the "facts" you guys try to lay on other jumpseaters and guys trying to eat their lunch undisturbed. All you guys can really do is make up stuff, and try and pass it off as truth. Re read the above. Perfect example. No integrity. All fiction. "It went something like this........" Just how you spin your predicament on how you got the lottery ticket, but just can't cash it.

Reactions: 5 people
Imagine that, another story, and no link again. And when you get a link, there is no charge, and it is not a USAirways pilot. That is the problem on this board. Most east guys don't waste their time here, It is populated mostly by wacky west pilots.And this is why. I can only imagine the "facts" you guys try to lay on other jumpseaters and guys trying to eat their lunch undisturbed. All you guys can really do is make up stuff, and try and pass it off as truth. Re read the above. Perfect example. No integrity. All fiction. "It went something like this........" Just how you spin your predicament on how you got the lottery ticket, but just can't cash it.

Yeah, I used to enjoy swimming in the community pool too, until I learned what the kids do in it. The kids ruin it for everyone, but I'm not sure they know it until they are older. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I suppose we made up the Nicolau Award? The T/A, the DFR? the denial of your 'emergency stay', what else? You cant seem to accept the reality of Binding Arbitration. Thats fine, you don't have to. Thankfully this board wont decide the outcome. Rather, the courts will.....and guess what? You've LOST EVERY TIME !

Keep Losing USAPA, keep losing !!!

Reactions: 4 people
Firebird, you guys need to get the SPIN JOB done better. You say the East is an embarrassment? Your guy get tagged beating up some poor guy on a soccer field, and we have Sullenberger and Skiles pulling off the greatest save in history. And you "unfortunately get painted with the same brush?" And then Parker and Co. are not smart enough to use the PR generated. Unbelievable. This is why we are all in this mess. Then a west new hire gets to go on top of Skiles. This sits real well with us, and the general public.

You mean Sullenberger pulling the greatest save in history, while Skiles essentially watched?

I am the "general public" and as the jury demonstrated, they can see directly thru that crap.

You don't want to include safety in a seniority discussion, else you have to include the other two incidents involving US East pilots, water, and LGA. Not a good move.

Another fabulous attempt to spin, that doesn't fly. He wasn't charged, and it does not mention who he works for! This must be the kind of stuff Firebird talks up when he hangs at the food court trying to convince other pilots he has no blood on his hands. This is probably how it really goes at the food court. NW Pilot, has been on strike probably 5 times, trying to enjoy a bite of food during a long day..... Firebird " Hi Bud, I am a USAirways pilot, a west one. Can you believe how those east pilots won't let me, with 3 years seniority take my 330 left seat, after arbitration even!" NW pilot. Listen kid, go earn it. Those guys had those things long before you even were hired. Wipe the mayo off your chin, and leave me alone..........."

Well obviously you did not read the New Yorker article, the second link.

In it it names him, says he works at usairways, and describes the crime he was charged with and ended up paying fines for. The name they give matches one of the furloughed pilots who lives in Seattle, recalled West, then went back east when furloughed by the West.

But no worries, an east pilot who committed fraud, is the prime suspect in a murder investigation, and gets tied up in a paternity suit and ends up committing fraud again by paying another man to take his court ordered test....I am sure he is a swell guy.

How would 3 years get you a 330 left seat? How bout we quit making up BS?

I doubt you are in the top 300. You post like you are either a west pilot throwing things on here just to get a rise from West posters, or a formerly furloughed '91 hire, who spent 10 of the last 19 years furloughed, and you are upset that you did not get your "lottery ticket" and get to be recalled senior to the West pilots with more LOS and Captain seats. Any chance you live in Seattle and fix up helicopters?

When the referendum to eliminate the EVP position failed cheers went up from west of the Mississippi. The message that they say was sent is that the pilots have spoken and their will was clear that the EVP position should remain.

The truth is that the west pilots spoke and the message was that they saw an opportunity to “Advance The Interests of America West Pilots”. This happens to be the motto of The Army of Leonidas and its founder, Eric Ferguson, happens to be the sole west candidate for EVP

In the vote on the referendum to eliminate the EVP position west voters outnumbered east voters nearly two to one and by doing so they had their way with us. If you allow them to outnumber us in the vote for EVP they will have their way with us once again at the hands of the founder of The Army of Leonidas, whose sole purpose is the implementation of the Nicolau award, and it will be your “virtue” that gets violated.

The good news is that its not too late, three minutes of your time - the time it takes to vote - can help save decades of your seniority.

When the referendum to eliminate the EVP position failed cheers went up from west of the Mississippi. The message that they say was sent is that the pilots have spoken and their will was clear that the EVP position should remain.

The truth is that the west pilots spoke and the message was that they saw an opportunity to “Advance The Interests of America West Pilots”. This happens to be the motto of The Army of Leonidas and its founder, Eric Ferguson, happens to be the sole west candidate for EVP

In the vote on the referendum to eliminate the EVP position west voters outnumbered east voters nearly two to one and by doing so they had their way with us. If you allow them to outnumber us in the vote for EVP they will have their way with us once again at the hands of the founder of The Army of Leonidas, whose sole purpose is the implementation of the Nicolau award, and it will be your “virtue” that gets violated.

The good news is that its not too late, three minutes of your time - the time it takes to vote - can help save decades of your seniority.
The seniority system and list has already been decided, accepted by the company, and has been ordered to be used by a federal court. The EVP position has no more ability to change that list than the USAPA president does (and that position has spent two years and millions of dollars in a futile attempt to avert the NIC). Besides, the NIC is the instrument that actually preserves seniority as opposed to the east's atrocious pipe-dream of DOH which would have devalued the seniority earned by 1800 west pilots.

Well obviously you did not read the New Yorker article, the second link.

In it it names him, says he works at usairways, and describes the crime he was charged with and ended up paying fines for. The name they give matches one of the furloughed pilots who lives in Seattle, recalled West, then went back east when furloughed by the West.

But no worries, an east pilot who committed fraud, is the prime suspect in a murder investigation, and gets tied up in a paternity suit and ends up committing fraud again by paying another man to take his court ordered test....I am sure he is a swell guy.

How would 3 years get you a 330 left seat? How bout we quit making up BS?

I doubt you are in the top 300. You post like you are either a west pilot throwing things on here just to get a rise from West posters, or a formerly furloughed '91 hire, who spent 10 of the last 19 years furloughed, and you are upset that you did not get your "lottery ticket" and get to be recalled senior to the West pilots with more LOS and Captain seats. Any chance you live in Seattle and fix up helicopters?

I know exactly who this guy is. The prosecutor that was going after him was mysteriously shot while sitting at his desk at home. The guy had no known enemys....save for the East Furloughee who was thankful to be recalled to Phx...much shorter distance to SEA. He's one of six guys that whose job was restored to PHX. .Messed around with Helicopters. Glad he's out of Phoenix. . You're more than welcome to have him back.

I am sure they are laughing about the upcoming trial behind your back. So far the east group measures up much better, especially in the news. Sully/Skiles American heroes. Awatookie, not so good. Perhaps the REAL source of the laughter........

Don't forget the pilot who landed safely after his gun put a hole in the cockpit :p

Reactions: 2 people
I don't have a link either. But it went something like this.

East guy 57 and his neighbor 73 get in a fight about the placement of a fence on their side by side properties. (fighting over a fence, imagine that....)

Cops are called but by the time they arrive things have calmed down and so they leave. Disscussion begins again and escalates to the point that guns are drawn and the shooting starts. Both guys shoot each other TWICE and no one dies. East guy needs lessons from the Airbus shooter I guess.

So here we have an East guy fighting to the point of shooting at an older guy over what the Older guy wants.................How can this be ????
We are all told on this board frequently that old guys are supposed to get their way since that have been here longer etc etc. Situational ethics at its finest I suppose.

Just imagine what the note to the CPO musta looked like. " Quick draw Mcgraw will be off line as a result of unsuccessful Gunplay"..........
Flip

Didn't a west pilot just get arrested for allegedly running over/shooting/clubbing or something, his lover's husband? What difference does it make to the operation of the airline or our collective issues? Maybe we moved up a number or two, its the only way we will for a few more years!

. If you allow them to outnumber us in the vote for EVP...
IOW, someone is threatening to actually do something and it might just benefit the majority of US pilots. BEWARE!

No, I think a vote for Ferguson would be a chance for the east pilots to clearly see the reality that:

1) The west pilots are mature rational people who have a proven ability to lead a pilot group

2) That USAPA is not the east's private club, and

3) The majority sees the need to move ahead without the fear mongering that spews forth from the mouth of Cleary and that east pilots will, in fact, upgrade and advance.

Those that ring the alarm that PHL and PHX are conspiring against the unloved AFO's need to be exposed and proven wrong, even if that takes a pay raise and improved benefits to do it. :)

Didn't a west pilot just get arrested for allegedly running over/shooting/clubbing or something, his lover's husband?

Last I heard the pilot was innocent and the wounds were self-inflicted by the husband as part of a set-up.

Got anything else relevant to the seniority integration or USAPA's "leadership"?

Didn't a west pilot just get arrested for allegedly running over/shooting/clubbing or something, his lover's husband? What difference does it make to the operation of the airline or our collective issues? Maybe we moved up a number or two, its the only way we will for a few more years!

Yes, a west pilot was recently arrested over an assault involving his mistress' ex-husband.

It makes absolutely no difference to the operation of the airline or our collective issues, that is why it is best to just drop the tit-for-tat arguements about who flew down under and who crossed the Continental strike, or who shot an airplane, etc,etc etc.

However, since this board is read by the general public, post that take isolated instances and try to paint a broader stroke, will be answered. For example, calling into question the entire West's moral character because one west pilot assaulted a soccer coach, makes about as much sense as trying to characterize the east group as a bunch of incompetent gunslingers because an east FFDO had an accidental weapons discharge.

A much more pertinent topic has been introduced. The EVP election. I suggest debate on that topic would be much more appropriate.

A west candidate is a logical choice, if the objective of usapa is to represent all USAirways pilots, and Ferguson makes a good candidate for that position. Funded by voluntary donations, AOL I believe, has had contributions from east pilots, (but as I am not privy their records I cannot say for sure). The point being, the goal of AOL is not merely the implementation of the Nic, but the defense of pilots rights. Perhaps usapa and AOL have something in common and electing Ferguson would bridge a gap that needs to be spanned.

Stay on subject--no further discussion of criminal charges, etc. against pilots off duty.....

If it has nothing to do with the current labor dispute(s), don't mention it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts