What do the flight attendants want/need onboard

How sick is everyone of pretzels?
If you want me to NOT serve the entire can, please bring east the party cups that west has.
Please pack out the galleys better. ASK US!! before you just think up something.

sky high states: what IDIOT decided to put the ice next to the OVEN in first class on the 319? Isnt there a CHILLER (east side) that operates to keep things cool IN THE CARTS???? AND AVOID THE RIVER OF WATER DOWN THE AISLE?
What IDIOT decided to put the pretzels behind the beer and wine container in the AFT CART in coach? For the past SEVEN YEARS, pretzels "could" be located in the...uhhhh, aft right compartment, near 2L. Why is the wine in one cart?...the BEER two carts over?....and the liquor on the BEVERAGE CART?
How sick is everyone?.....of NOT being able to FIND their supplies to DO THEIR JOBS? :down: :down:

only stating OPINIONS.

This has probably all been mentioned, but here goes....

UPGRADE 1st.
Our first class is sorry. The meals suck. The presentation sucks. The entertainment (or lack thereof) sucks. Give east their d4mn glassware. Give west the stupid baskets to serve the snacks. Give east the silver trays. Get rid of that crappy crow canyon wine (the wine in coach is BETTER). Add one row of first to EVERY plane to keep the FF's happy! Upgrade the Hawaiian first class product to match envoy in the east. HI is a premier destination, the fares we get justify the additional expense. And, freakin upgrade the insides of the WEST 757's to match the $$$ we are making on the HI flights.

Coach
HOT snacks. The ovens are in all the airbuses in the fleet and on the 757's in the west. The HOT sandwichs ALWAYS sold out. How about providing enough freakin fruit and cheese plates??? People love that (and so do I). We always sell out by row 12 and then people get all nasty because we are out of it?!?!? Take one row of coach out of EVERY plane and actually give someone a little room to breath for goodness sake?!?!?

On the entire plane....
CLEAN THEM!?!?! Scrub them down, they are embarassing. Replace those nasty dirty fabric seat covers with leather. Again, our seats are embarassing! Give west the east type seat cushions and seats. The seats on the east side are MUCH better than the crap on the west. Stop with all the d4mn advertising in the announcements. Advertise on the video and the magazine, tray tables and the barf bags, whatever, but quit makin the FA's blab about stupid skymall and the FF program. Convince Sprite to change the Sprite Zero Can so I can actually tell the d4mn difference.

All a pipe dream I know, but I get on a new airbus out west with leather seats where everything works and the seats are comfy and the plane is clean and I AM PROUD to work for US. I get on those outhouse smelling 7-dirty-7's and I am ashamed!!!

-I agree with whodoiworkfor, the interiors of some of our aircraft are awful. I flew on an old Braniff Airbus (somewhere in the tail #630 range) that still had the old HP blue confetti interior, and FlightLink screens at each seat. It was so ghetto. They need to redo them for sure. If they can't redo them all in leather at least throw some new fabric on them. And there are too many seats on the HP 733s. Have you non-reved in the last row? Inhumane to say the least. I'd love to see all the guys from the sandcastle back there, you know, DP and all of his friends, on a full flight PHX to ORD, with the odor of the lavs drifting to their row, and an INOP APU and no ground air, and we run out of InFlight Cafe...classy!

-I stay away from InFlight Cafe when possible, as they never, ever give us enough product. It's embarassing and quite frankly fraudulent to offer this product then board such a small amount. I've worked a full A320 and run out of everything at row 10. (out of 26 rows at HP) Promise the customer the product, as something to set us apart from WN, then don't deliver it - on most transcons everyday. Absurd. I'm sure SkyChef would rather us sell out than not from a profit standpoint...but really, is this benefiting us and our passengers?

-Kiddie wings, kiddie fun packs/first flight certificates. Only the coldest bean counter would take these things away.

-Glassware in F on all flights, real silver on meal flights, bring back the hot appetizers, ice cream, linens, hot towels. How about amenity kits...perhaps not as nice as the Envoy ones, but something. Our F product, in my opinon, is OK. But some small and inexpensive things could make a real difference. With an upgraded F, it still might not be UA or CO, but it could still be respectable.

-As stated earlier, something different than pretzels in Y. And why can't we offer something more exciting than the lame beers we have. Bud Light? Please. Strike up a deal with some hip microbreweries around the nation and europe and do promos on some really good beer. It seems like it would be good to offer something to set us apart, with comp snacks and drink specials.

-Extra Flight Attendants. It is tacky to offer Inflight Cafe on a full B757 or A320 with only 3 or 2 FAs in coach. We need more hands on deck. I know this ain't gonna happen, but I can dream.

-Handheld entertainment units for rent at the gate. Comp for FC. Load the units with non-edited movies, music, kids programming. AS and Midwest do this. The IFEs we have esp on on the old Airbus break so much and the programming is limited to edited B flicks and infomercials.

-Please give the DM Preferred folks comp drink/headset coupons in their membership kit like CO does. They fly enough that they shouldn't be charged for this stuff when they don't get upgraded.

-Get rid of the boarding videos. This canned Yanni crap is so annoying. Some crews play it much too loudly, and it really sucks anyway. Give us Sade back, HP folks remember when we had her? Either invest in some good smooth jazz and visuals, ie: airplanes flying like the new commercials, more sky shots. or dump them all together. I actually will play the video with the PA off because I can't stand to listen to it anymore.

-Allow all passengers to purchase drink/headset coupons at the kiosk with a discount (again, like CO does) so I don't have to handle as much cash onboard. Better yet, add the ability to sell stuff onboard with credit cards like FL.

-Give the gate agents boarding pass scanners at each gate. At HP we get so many seat assignment duplications as QIK is such a cheap rez program, for those of you at US, wait until east dumps SABRE, i promise you'll know exactly when they do. If the agents had scanners they could correct seat duplications it at the gate.

sky high states: what IDIOT decided to put the ice next to the OVEN in first class on the 319? Isnt there a CHILLER (east side) that operates to keep things cool IN THE CARTS???? AND AVOID THE RIVER OF WATER DOWN THE AISLE?
What IDIOT decided to put the pretzels behind the beer and wine container in the AFT CART in coach? For the past SEVEN YEARS, pretzels "could" be located in the...uhhhh, aft right compartment, near 2L. Why is the wine in one cart?...the BEER two carts over?....and the liquor on the BEVERAGE CART?
How sick is everyone?.....of NOT being able to FIND their supplies to DO THEIR JOBS? :down: :down:
only stating OPINIONS.
I think that "idiot" came from catering out West. It's getting a little idiotic if you ask me, I'm wondering if some of these people at the top realize that this is an airline and not an office building.

-I agree with whodoiworkfor, the interiors of some of our aircraft are awful. I flew on an old Braniff Airbus (somewhere in the tail #630 range) that still had the old HP blue confetti interior, and FlightLink screens at each seat. It was so ghetto.
Those old beasts ARE ghetto, you're exactly right! The cracked, broken and decaying FlightLink stuff, the awful, awful overstuffed tight-pitch old-school First Class seats (as compared to the modern HP F-cabin seats which I think are great)... they just are screaming out for a full interior refresh.

I can dream...

only stating OPINIONS.

That is why nobody does liquor forms anymore. You can't! You may start off with 3 "new" carts, but the time the day as ended you may be on your 3rd liquor cart, 2nd wine cart, and still have the original beer....where ever it may have ended up.

Listen up West...."If it ain't broken...don't try to fix it." It always ran like clockwork on the East.

What do FA's want:
service carts that work, and the broken ones that are reported should be fixed instead of making it back into the system unrepaired.

Less advertising in the announcements. It just causes the customer to ignore all PA activity.

When I play the level off video, I play it at level THREE for the regulatory at the beginning, then all the way down to ONE for the 4 minutes of advertising.

What do FA's want:
service carts that work, and the broken ones that are reported should be fixed instead of making it back into the system unrepaired.

Less advertising in the announcements. It just causes the customer to ignore all PA activity.

When I play the level off video, I play it at level THREE for the regulatory at the beginning, then all the way down to ONE for the 4 minutes of advertising.
I totally agree. There is so much advertising going on that anything really important is ignored due to the constant blah blah blah blah.... Make all important announcements and leave the advertising to tray tables, video and god help us air sickness bags. :rolleyes: I don't do the advertising when I have to read a level off. I simply say the important stuff then enroll in Dividend Miles at usairways.com....relax and enjoy your flight. NOBODY wants to hear anything else.

I totally agree. There is so much advertising going on that anything really important is ignored due to the constant blah blah blah blah.... Make all important announcements and leave the advertising to tray tables, video and god help us air sickness bags. :rolleyes: I don't do the advertising when I have to read a level off. I simply say the important stuff then enroll in Dividend Miles at usairways.com....relax and enjoy your flight. NOBODY wants to hear anything else.

Didn't you guys get the latest memo?? We are no longer here for SAFETY we are here for SALES!! It is all part of the USAirways LCC corporate mentality. The first question out of everyone's mouth in our F/A briefing is who does cash cow. F/A's are in the aisles fighting to milk the cows. It has become more important for some to pass out that credit card application than to do the beverage service. Now they want us to sell from the inflight magazine. When are we going to have time to do the USA Today crossword puzzle? :eek:

The first question out of everyone's mouth in our F/A briefing is who does cash cow. F/A's are in the aisles fighting to milk the cows. It has become more important for some to pass out that credit card application than to do the beverage service.

Two of the F/A's on my flight this week were "preparing the forms" in the galley as the pax boarded instead of greeting pax. They were more concerned about the forms than the pax. And, then, the third one made at least 5 announcements about the card and a "FREE" trip...I felt like getting on the PA and saying it's not FREE, you pay $90 and try booking a 25K award--it is nearly impossible. And you better book it in 18 months because you not so frequent fliers will lose your miles now that they have the new rules about paying to have miles reinstated after 18 months of inactivity.

Two of the F/A's on my flight this week were "preparing the forms" in the galley as the pax boarded instead of greeting pax. They were more concerned about the forms than the pax. And, then, the third one made at least 5 announcements about the card and a "FREE" trip...I felt like getting on the PA and saying it's not FREE, you pay $90 and try booking a 25K award--it is nearly impossible. And you better book it in 18 months because you not so frequent fliers will lose your miles now that they have the new rules about paying to have miles reinstated after 18 months of inactivity.
Oh, stop ruining it for us. You sound like a negative nelly. No one likes that. :blink: $90 for an airplane ride is cheaper than the priceline tix, so they jump all over it. It's also pretty in my paycheck. Don't read so much into it and make some extra cash. :lol:

Don't make fun of "mad cow" !!! It pays the bills. Once Bank of America dicontinues the credit card program, there will be alot of f/a's that realize that hello, our paycheck is NOTHING. :shock: Who knows what we will have to "sell" next. Meow.

Yesterday, they did not do a cabin service in coach on a PHL - MHT flight, but they had the time to promote the credit card. The 737 was about 3/4 full in the back. They had a cabin service up front.

Not good customer service.

Back