What Happened at LGA?

Skymess

Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
NY
Anyone know what happened this morning? You can PM me if you need to.

Our best agents are at LGA and I'm picturing the worst.

Karen Naclerio Negrin was killed by a drunk driver on the way to work today.... I remember her from when I was at JFK and later when I was still commuting to DFW....

Godspeed to her and her family...

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/karen.negrin....n.2.974570.html

Thanks for the info. How sad. That's also less than a mile away from where I live. Guess it's a sign of the times that all these people are being medicated for anxiety and depression and operating motor vehichles.

It ain't the medication. Utah leads the nation in terms of percentage of the population on anti-depressants, but they also have the lowest percentage nationally of traffic fatalities due to impaired driving.

Karen Naclerio Negrin was killed by a drunk driver on the way to work today.... I remember her from when I was at JFK and later when I was still commuting to DFW....

Well, Eric....it just isn't people outside of work, on the roads we need to worry about (whether, the are medicated, drunk or whatever). Here at DFW, on the (AOA), rampers, managers etc... are all ON THE CELLPHONE, THE IPOD, ALL WHILE DOING THEIR JOB !! SURE THERE ARE SAI LESSONS, THAT SAY CELLPHONES ARE ARE PROHIBITED- BUT, MAYBE WHEN SOMEONE IS KILLED, OR RAN OVER BY A PUSH OUT TRACTOR- (THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED, AT DFW) MAYBE SOMEBODY WILL DO "SOMETHING". ONE GOOD THING, IS IF I EVER GET HURT, DFW WILL BE THE THRID PARTY, because it is their playground !! AA is just the tenant...

It ain't the medication. Utah leads the nation in terms of percentage of the population on anti-depressants, but they also have the lowest percentage nationally of traffic fatalities due to impaired driving.
Yea well they probably lead the nation in jackrabbits and tumbleweeds struck by drunk or impaired drivers.

Sad incident, two families destroyed.

This is yet another example of the risks that airline workers face. The early start times put us on the road during the most hazardous periods of the day. I can recall numerous occasions over the years where I've had close encounters with obviously impaired drivers.

This is yet another example of the risks that airline workers face. The early start times put us on the road during the most hazardous periods of the day. I can recall numerous occasions over the years where I've had close encounters with obviously impaired drivers.

I hear you. I had a few encounters this month alone on the L.I.E. heading to LGA with some drunks at 3/4 a.m.

Sad thing is that she was killed right in her own neighborhood.

Yea well they probably lead the nation in jackrabbits and tumbleweeds struck by drunk or impaired drivers.

If you got outside your bubble more often, you'd know *why* Utah has the lowest national average of alcohol abuse (in all age groups) and drunk driving, not to mention the some of the lowest rates for crime, and the nations highest rate for multiple parent households...

Well, Eric....it just isn't people outside of work, on the roads we need to worry about (whether, the are medicated, drunk or whatever). Here at DFW, on the (AOA), rampers, managers etc... are all ON THE CELLPHONE, THE IPOD, ALL WHILE DOING THEIR JOB !! SURE THERE ARE SAI LESSONS, THAT SAY CELLPHONES ARE ARE PROHIBITED- BUT, MAYBE WHEN SOMEONE IS KILLED, OR RAN OVER BY A PUSH OUT TRACTOR- (THAT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED, AT DFW) MAYBE SOMEBODY WILL DO "SOMETHING". ONE GOOD THING, IS IF I EVER GET HURT, DFW WILL BE THE THRID PARTY, because it is their playground !! AA is just the tenant...

This describes the US CLT ramp to a tee.. on another note my thoughts & prayers to the family & co-workers. As a former leo all drunk drivers I encountered took the ride. NO EXCEPTIONS.

How sad!! Karen walked me through my first jumpseat ride on AA.
Brought her chocolate for putting up with me.

Blessings to her family, at home and at American.

Latest posts

Back