What Is Your Favorite Mainline Aircraft?

What is your favorite mainline aircraft to work on?

• Airbus 319

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Airbus 320

• Airbus 321

• Airbus 330

• Boeing 737-300

• Boeing 737- 400

• Boeing 757 - 200

• Boeing 767 - 200

• Embraer 190

• Total voters
I work mostly A320 trips out of Vegas, they are an nice aircraft and the Galley Packout is just perfect pre-merger but it's constantly being redone by ever changing procedures and policies by our idiot Vice President of In-Flight services Shuckin Shumbles.

I'll take the A319 over about anything if I had a preference.

Plenty of clearance underneath during the push back (unlike the RJ's and the B737's) and shorter than the A320.
One lav port to dump, unlike the 2 on the B737's and the 3 on the B757's.
Greater head room than the B737, and while one can stand in the RJ's the bags arrive at your feet so there is a great deal of bending and lifting heavy bags.
Easier to do a quick turn as it only takes one person either the forward or aft bin, allowing the assist to check water, hook-up air and power, and attach the push tug (sorry Easties, that's how we do it out here.)
The aircraft is rarely weight restricted, although it is volume restricted due to its smaller size, but it separates the real stackers and loaders from the guys who act as if they are throwing junk in their garage.

Never worked on a widebody, although I have seen some guys free stack them without the cans... ugh...

So Opines Jester.

The 757 is a wonderful airplane. Royal Royce engines, nice!!! I really hope we get ATA's a/c, because they are newer. Our 57's on the West are way old, and very uncomfortable. I don't really know how the East fleet compares, but I am sure are better.

By far, the A319 is the best for flight attendants!!! :up: Less pax's, and so easy to work with 3 flight attendants when at full capacity. The A320 on the West side seats 138/12, and is too much work for two fa's in coach. They always use these planes to MCO, TPA, FLL, JFK, and EWR to and from PHX/LAS. Need I say more?? Service takes sooo long, pax's are frustrated, and and us crews are way tired by the end of the flight!!
Love the 319!! Wish we would get the 318!??? :lol:

Rolls powered 75's---what FAR 121 aircraft can operate in and out of Orange County Cal-- a 5700ft rwy--- at 228K lbs with 175 pax and fly to East Coast with an alternate---and it can operate in and out of Vail also---try that in a 321 on one engine---lol . 76 is a great performer also but too big an airport footprint.

757 no doubt. Structures, systems, built to exceed and succeed. Hate to see age and poor maintenance taking a toll. It must be a blast to be in the 'pointy' end on a clear cool day with half a load on.

757 767

Basically any aircraft that hasn't been completely destroyed by the SWOOOOOSH reconfiguration
Might be talkin about the seats? But..
The swoosh is awful, but the new livery is nice in my opinion. That ole black, so called navy scheme, paint scraped and falling off the a/c is a Pirate ship lost at sea!! Instead of a flag on the tail, should of been skeleton and cross bones!! :lol:
At least we didn't go with the Flinstones scheme, geez..! :blink: :)

All paint schemes chip, like anything they have to be redone occasionally. I think it's been pretty much beaten to death that the majority prefers the 1997 Airways livery, with a small group that enjoys the in-house 2005 Vomit Swoosh livery.

I loved being *A* on the 319 on PIT-WEST-PIT turns. But they destroyed my base - so now I have learned to love the Envoy galley on a 767 as long as it is Tues Wed Thur. Although, I haven't flown in a few months - and I hear the pax are all complaining about the new Envoy seats and we have to fix them in-flight - so I may go coach aisle when I come back. Anyways - the 767 brings back so many happy memories of the PIT-LGW-PIT crowd!

I tried the 330 on those SJU turns when i first went to PHL - and I really hated that plane. There were way too many people. And with the legnth of that cabin - I reinjured my left ankle trying to push the cart all the way back to the galley during Carib turbulence. I don't think I will take on the 330 again. That is unless they use it for China. Has anyone heard how many hours the China trip will be? I am hoping it is only 3 trips per month on the bid sheet!!!

B-757 test flight. best angle take off, maybe 6 people on board 2pilots, 1 foreman & 3 mechanics. I Only took one test flight on this plane but it was like being on a rocket going to the Moon. 10,000 feet in no time wooohooooo! :up: