What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalMover said:
Couldn't agree more......When we get to JCBA, we will see what is expected in return for DL + 7.
Funny how no word from the union or conpany if the Delta plus 7 is still on the table with the current Delta pay scale or the new one going into effect December 1st. The new pay scale for Delta plus 7 will put AMT'S at $49.03. That's an $11.00 increase from what we have today. Will AA still offer that? Who will get the Delta plus 7 if offered?

1AA said:
Then share with us your experience with aircraft maintenance under the TWU? I don't and never got involved in fleet affairs because I'm smart enough to know when to stay out of issues that I'm not familiar with. It always seems that fleet service wants to get involved in Aircraft Maintenance issues. When we try to break away we are an asset to the union. Once a drive is over we are on the back burner and fleet service reps are appointed by the International to represent us in certain areas.
What is this nonsense? You're back to the acronym again. I asked you a specific question about the "individuals" who are currently a part of that acronym.

I don't think I have to ask the question again. I'm not here to play TWISTER

Put your credibility on the line. What do you know about these "people" Start from the top down. Here's the first 3 to help you.

http://www.twu.org/OurUnion/OurLeadership.aspx

Reactions: 1 person
1AA said:
Funny how no word from the union or conpany if the Delta plus 7 is still on the table with the current Delta pay scale or the new one going into effect December 1st. The new pay scale for Delta plus 7 will put AMT'S at $49.03. That's an $11.00 increase from what we have today. Will AA still offer that? Who will get the Delta plus 7 if offered?
Did you miss the letter dated 2 days ago and signed by Garry Drummond? Or is it just more convenient for you to try and ignore it as it doesn't serve your agenda? 

Oh here it is.

In a letter sent to union members on Wednesday, TWU leaders said it expects the “highest base hourly rates in the airline industry.”
“Now that Delta has announced pay increases of up to 14.5 percent, we expect Mr. Parker to live up to those promises,” said Garry Drummond, TWU director of the air transport division, in the letter.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article36302475.html

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article36302475.html#storylink=cpy

WeAAsles said:
Did you miss the letter dated 2 days ago and signed by Garry Drummond? Or is it just more convenient for you to try and ignore it as it doesn't serve your agenda? 
Oh here it is.

In a letter sent to union members on Wednesday, TWU leaders said it expects the highest base hourly rates in the airline industry.
Now that Delta has announced pay increases of up to 14.5 percent, we expect Mr. Parker to live up to those promises, said Garry Drummond, TWU director of the air transport division, in the letter.http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article36302475.html

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article36302475.html#storylink=cpy
The union expects the company to come through on the Delta plus 7. Wow that should get the twu supporting cheer leaders celebrating. So far nothing has happened. Nothing at all. Letters from the twu prove nothing. TWU is made up of mostly fleet service and we are the largest minority group that is ignored unless there is a drive to get out. That's where it hits the TWU the hardest. The reduction of DUES to the fat cats in the international that is made up of mostly fleet service. I see you have interest in AMT'S. Why? Are you looking for a future international position to continue the beatings in our representation with the TWU? I can not understand why so many fleet service people are interested in our affairs? Are we the financial anchor that will keep the twu alive? Does fleet get involved in flight service affairs like they do with us? How about the flight department?

1AA said:
The union expects the company to come through on the Delta plus 7. Wow that should get the twu supporting cheer leaders celebrating. So far nothing has happened. Nothing at all. Letters from the twu prove nothing. TWU is made up of mostly fleet service and we are the largest minority group that is ignored unless there is a drive to get out. That's where it hits the TWU the hardest. The reduction of DUES to the fat cats in the international that is made up of mostly fleet service. I see you have interest in AMT'S. Why? Are you looking for a future international position to continue the beatings in our representation with the TWU? I can not understand why so many fleet service people are interested in our affairs? Are we the financial anchor that will keep the twu alive? Does fleet get involved in flight service affairs like they do with us? How about the flight department?
I wish your group well on their affairs. I just want to hit you on your BS every time you try and yell it out there.

When this is all over what angle will you try and come up with next?

WeAAsles said:
I wish your group well on their affairs. I just want to hit you on your BS every time you try and yell it out there.
When this is all over what angle will you try and come up with next?
The only angles are better representation and compensation for my fellow AMT'S at American and throughout the profession. Noticed I said my fellow AMT'S and not ME first. That's what the twu and the catch all industrial unions can not grasp about unionism.

MetalMover said:
Buck, I stated loud and clear that I don't want a raise at the expense of others. Even though for decades the TWU has catered to the needs of what TULE wanted and did not want at the expense of the line folks. I think it is inevitable that the need for heavy OH is diminishing. Sadly the OH base needs to adapt to the changing world of aircraft maintenance. They need to realize that the good old days are gone as their numbers do not by default get them what they want. 
Wait what? 

Where exactly is it going? 

I have a question for you guys at AA.  Someone at work told me he listened to a town hall meeting with Parker there.  Parker was directly asked about the D+7 by a TWU member.  Parkers answer was that he did it for the pilots and F/A's and yes he will do it for the mechanics and TWU members as well.  He also said that Parker said it will be Delta OR United + 7 which ever is higher.  He said you can barely here him say it but he does.  So maybe United could get something above Delta so you guys will go even higher in the industry.  The final question to all this is, when will your union be able to kick in these wages?  How long will it take to get to JCBA?  

OOps wrong thread, I will relocate myself. Pls ignore this post in this thread...

1AA said:
The only angles are better representation and compensation for my fellow AMT'S at American and throughout the profession. Noticed I said my fellow AMT'S and not ME first. That's what the twu and the catch all industrial unions can not grasp about unionism.
Alright so that's it then. You have nothing else to contribute to any topic of conversation besides this.

Sign an AMFA card if you want to get rid of the TWU  ASSociation.

While others can discuss the issues that are in front of them, the only thing that motivates YOU is that signature. Even if there is nothing you can do with that for still a little under 2 years time. 

Question posed: If the Association comes through with a JCBA that passes by an extreme majority (Meaning they like it) where do you go from there?

BTW do you work for AA or are you with SWA? Just curious?

WeAAsles said:
Alright so that's it then. You have nothing else to contribute to any topic of conversation besides this.

While others can discuss the issues that are in front of them, the only thing that motivates YOU is that signature. Even if there is nothing you can do with that for still a little under 2 years time. 
Question posed: If the Association comes through with a JCBA that passes by an extreme majority (Meaning they like it) where do you go from there?
Dude your obsessed. Chill out.

Reactions: 3 people
1AA said:
Dude your obsessed. Chill out.
I"M obsessed!!!!!! Wait a minute, wait a minute. Let me try being the pot to your kettle one more time here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WeAAsles said:
I"M obsessed!!!!!! Wait a minute, wait a minute. Let me try being the pot to your kettle one more time here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright so that's it then. You have nothing else to contribute to any topic of conversation besides this.Sign an AMFA card if you want to get rid of the TWU  ASSociation.
Now your obsessed with my signature. WOW!

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts