What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
topDawg said:
Wait what? 

Where exactly is it going? 
I said DIMINISHING not DISAPPEARING.......I also said the need for HEAVY OH is diminishing.  Is it to hard to see with MD80's 767's and 757's being sent to the boneyard......They are already sending out A321 light C's out......The new generation of aircraft heavy OH intervals have been lengthened dramatically.

As far as "WHERE IS OH GOING?"  ......Oh I don't know....just look at Pittsburg.

1AA said:
Now your obsessed with my signature. WOW!
You STILL are not answering the things I asked you? It's hilarious. You can't even give it a try. Just keep avoiding because you have NO answers.

topDawg said:
Wait what? 

Where exactly is it going? 
Aircraft Overhaul in the form of the Heavy Check is going to two. Each aircraft will get it's mid life Heavy and then possibly a second heavy for return to the lessor. With the Light "C" check at one time being about 18 months, a series of 737's have been earmarked for an extended Light "C" adjustment. That is unless the new airlines decides to a MSG-3 schedule. Many of you believe that a massive shrinkage at Tulsa is going to happen, perhaps but where can you get your Light "C" and "Drop in" maintenance facility for practically free? IMO

Buck said:
Aircraft Overhaul in the form of the Heavy Check is going to two. Each aircraft will get it's mid life Heavy and then possibly a second heavy for return to the lessor. With the Light "C" check at one time being about 18 months, a series of 737's have been earmarked for an extended Light "C" adjustment. That is unless the new airlines decides to a MSG-3 schedule. Many of you believe that a massive shrinkage at Tulsa is going to happen, perhaps but where can you get your Light "C" and "Drop in" maintenance facility for practically free? IMO
I'm sure our IAM buddies in the association are talking to Parker about moving all that stuff from Tulsa to PIT, PHL and CHT.  They know we out-vote them 2 to 1 so they will try to make deals to lower our numbers. Doing phase checks at line stations instead of L/C in the hangar is the stupidest thing they have ever thought of with an airline this size with this many aircraft.  But America West did it that way obviously.

Buck said:
Where? DWH PIT CRT.

What makes you think it's practically free? Ever think about your wages, health ins. vacation, lost time, OT, management to run the operation, HR expenses.

What's easier make a contract with an MRO pay that price, drop the plane off, pick it up when ready. If they're late on delivering AC, then they pay penalty.

There's a know nothing on this forum that say there are not enough mechs. He's a know nothing. And if YOU think it's cheaper to do it in house, then why hasn't AA brought back the wide bodies the same delta UAL.

I'm betting that AAs accountants know more about the cost comparisons then a mechanic who works aft cargo of a 737.

Don't fall for the scare tactics of lower pay for any type of job protection that a union can provide. Remember AFW MCI DTW MSP BNA SJU etc etc etc.......

Vote like a line mechanic. We all work for AA and the CEO is in charge, not some loud mouth in your break room or someone writing what you want to read.

Reactions: 2 people
The TWU preached a loaf of bread costs the same everywhere. But yet the TWU created the SRP, OSM, AMTO and junior mechanic knowing a loaf of really did cost more at every city outside of Tulsa.

Local 514 and the international used Tulsa as a reason to save jobs for Tulsa and screw the line guys. Not blaming the Tulsa guys it's the twu and the international for the screwing.

And you and your fellow mechanics voted it in, you have no one to blame except your fellow mechanics.

Reactions: 1 person
The city of Tulsa owns the facility and AA pays practically nothing for it, including utilities.. 

I am not falling for anything and many of the MRO bound 737's have shown up here to have the repairs to repaired.

Lower Pay? As a B-Scaler under the TWU we started with that lower pay. That lower pay was voted in by the TWU supporters of 1983.

If you are referring to me I don't work cargo. The cost of the facility is not the only part of the cost savings, control of your product has some benefits.

As for me and you can check, I have been a supporter of the AA Line Mechanic for over 25 years. Even back when the Line wanted to cut our throats and 

they had the right to do so. I did not speak of DWH, PIT or CRT, because I do not know about them. But I do know about Tulsa. 

As for AA accountants, I wish they would audit TULE. We might save enough to make a difference.

Example: I was told by a member of management that there are parts in storage here from 727's and even 707's, please audit that......

Status
Not open for further replies.