Which East Base(s) will get the ax?

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Purely speculation here...

Doug Parker said a few months back that he didn't see the new US Airways continuing to operate with as many East Coast Bases as we currently have once the integration is complete so...

just wondering which base or bases everyone thinks may close and why.

Obvious possibilities could include: LGA, BOS and/or <GASP :shock: > PIT. I would be very surprised to see DCA close since we have a decent-sized operation there with a nice market share.

Any thoughts?

Purely speculation here...

Doug Parker said a few months back that he didn't see the new US Airways continuing to operate with as many East Coast Bases as we currently have once the integration is complete so...

just wondering which base or bases everyone thinks may close and why.

Obvious possibilities could include: LGA, BOS and/or <GASP :shock: > PIT. I would be very surprised to see DCA close since we have a decent-sized operation there with a nice market share.

Any thoughts?
PHX... No, that's the base everyone will be transferring to if/when dp decides to start closing east coast bases... ;)

I think it will be be PIT and BOS reduced even more, possibly serviced only by Express and stripped of focus or secondary Hub status.

I see LGA growing, and the U presence in DCA is pretty significant and strategically important specifically the "shuttle".

the reason i say lga will remain open is because the core of the shuttle is at lga and we have a nice terminal there that iam sure the guys in tempe like. i also think lga will be a dual base with jfk too. pit , well we know where that stands. bos and dc . like i said i think the shuttle base operations will be consolidated and moved to lga.

the reason i say lga will remain open is because the core of the shuttle is at lga and we have a nice terminal there that iam sure the guys in tempe like. i also think lga will be a dual base with jfk too. pit , well we know where that stands. bos and dc . like i said i think the shuttle base operations will be consolidated and moved to lga.
I think it all boils down to which is cheaper. Having to pay for hotel rooms for crews or the expense of a crew base. If that's the case, PIT and DCA are gone...

I think it all boils down to which is cheaper. Having to pay for hotel rooms for crews or the expense of a crew base. If that's the case, PIT and DCA are gone...
well we can all agree that lga stays.

I think it will be be PIT and BOS reduced even more, possibly serviced only by Express and stripped of focus or secondary Hub status.

I see LGA growing, and the U presence in DCA is pretty significant and strategically important specifically the "shuttle".
BOS reduced to express??? You're kidding right?

I don't think they'll close them as crew bases, but I think they will probably turn into satelite bases.

No. I'm not kidding. It was highly speculated when I was in my last year at U.
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: LOL, Since u retired u smokin crack ...get real PIT will close, Bos may close but express!!! Thats laughable- BOS has some of highest O&D traffic in the country- in addition, the shuttle etc. Come on now, ur showing ur narrow-minded moontownship mentality PITBULL. Get over it the BURG is over, move on!

Any with a larger operation in EWR then JFK, the LGA crew base could also cover lines of flying out of EWR.

Any with a larger operation in EWR then JFK, the LGA crew base could also cover lines of flying out of EWR.

Exactly. LGA will transform into a NYC base covering all three airports. (Thankfully, I will be not be a NYCBusdriver by the time this happens.)

All shuttle flying will be DCA and NYC. BOS will close.

PIT will close. I've seen too many "sacrosanct" crew bases go the way of the dodo bird, and PIT will be no exception. I remember when GSO/INT would NEVER close. I remember when ORF was THE BASE to be in. And, of course, our big time BWI hub supported a thriving crew base for many years, and then the hub, and crew base, went away (sounds eerily like PIT, no?)

Latest posts