Why Don't The Angry People Leave?

700UW said:
Yes we are in a position to change it, we stand up for our contracts and hold the company accountable.
Right, so that the company goes out of business and you lose your job and everyone else's.

Hey, I'm not saying 'don't stand up for principle.' But your logic (cause and effect) is consistently flawed. Or maybe it's deliberate on your part so that you can keep the rhetoric up.

If that happens so be it, this management has proven they can't adhere to the TWO concessionary contracts that they agreed to all ready.

They have squandered almost $4 billion in employee and vendor concessions.

You can sign your check over to them, but not mine.

They need to be held accountable, something Bronner is not doing, the only reason Siegel was fired was to try to get the unions to negotiate more concessions, they have been proven to be untrustworthy and dishonest.

You cant trust liars and thieves.

I'll say this - Phoenix got it right. Many (most) of us are not miserable in our jobs. Personally, I love the flying, the folks I work with, talking to the customers as they get on/off the plane, even joking about "catching the #2 wire" if the landing wasn't the best.

Do I get angry, disgusted, frustrated, etc. You bet I do, but not at any of the above. These feelings are reserved for incompetent management types who stroll in with their signing bonuses, start blaming everyone but themselves when things are bad, then stroll out with their pockets full.

Oh, yeah, and for those few who suffer from classic abused spouse syndrome, who feel that if they (everyone) would just give some more and not make waves then everything will be alright - no matter how much has been given or how often that hasn't worked.

Jim

USA320PILOT,

I got to tell you why people stay it's the same reason they come back they like the airline J.O.B. The flight bennies even though you can buy a ticket preaty cheap the flexability is unbeatable. I am home before my kids get off the bus every day 7 weeks of vacation (wouldn't find that any where ) .I work more when I need money and less when I don't I don't take my job home and it pays preaty good (for now) .......Having said that I couldn't take much more of a hit on pay I have bills that didn't go away my mortages is less through refinance but the bottom line is that 42,000.00 is about it how much less can a person make after 20+ years our kids are getting older gas is going up food is going up CEO's pay keeps going up but they keep going to the well and I for one will go back to school be a nurse or something it pays more than I make now after 2 yrs of school so I will say no to any more pay cuts it's time they go after non labor costs.

USA320Pilot said:
For those who say the concession stand is closed, burn the place down to the ground, or full pay until the last day, why don't you show some courage and leave the company? I bet you do not have the courage to quit!

If US Airways is so miserable then leave. Why be miserable?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Anyone else having Deja Vu?

This is the same rhetoric you posted back in the summer of 2002.

Can't you come up a new mantra to tick everyone off?

Gonna write another false filled OP-ED piece?

I think everyone knows things are bad at US Airways. I think no one knows it more than the employees. They are miserable or unhappy so they vent off some steam. Thats a healthy reaction. The time to get worried is when everyone knows things are bad, and no one complains about it or use some sort of avenue such as these type of chat boards to vent. That creates a dangerous situation. Terrible things such as suicide or something worst begin to occur :( :(

Here's the issue:

The company says it cannot pay above LCC wages and benefits and prosper.

Many people complain about the state of the company, but the airline needs to make huge cost cuts to survive long-term. Lakefield's target cuts will be from 50% operational and 50% labor expenses.

Therefore, if an employee cannot make ends meet with the pending changes, then its time to move on and let those who enjoy their job and can make it live for another day.

Thus, if you're unhappy my advice is to move on. The challenge: Most people have no other option but to stay that's why they complain.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

If there are suicides happening in the maint. department where is the cry from the IAM? Why haven't they set up some professionals to come in and talk to their members? As was stated on here previously it is healthy to vent some steam but it's those that don't vent that end up erupting in unpredictable ways and causing irreparable harm to themselves and their families. Venting will help but they need someone to vent to and if it's a problem the IAM should be supplying some avenue for them to at least explore. The company also provides the EAP program.

700UW said:
The bad thing is that suicides have all ready occured.
While I agree with most of what you have said here, this line is ludicrous. Anyone that has committed or attempted suicide has much bigger problems than anything US management has put upon them.

savyinvestor said:
USA320 is always ready to sacrifice everyone , but himself. From CWA to IAM and everyone in between. Go back and check his posts for verification if you like. Savy
You sir, are exactly right. Edited by moderator loves to call on everyone to sacrifice for his own benefit and when one protests his groping, one is advised to leave if they don't like their circumstances.

This is the man who wrote an op-ed to the CLT Observer to vilify another labor group in matters that were none of his business, has repeatedly called for other labor groups to sacrifice for his benefit, and has crusaded the idea of sacrificing the lower seniority for the enrichment of the senior.

It is no wonder that, upon his first self-introduction to me, I had the involuntary and spontaneous reaction of bursting out in laughter to his face. (Much like Putin when Clinton visited Russia after the Monica scandal).

Respectfully,

Phoenix