Worse then Franke.....

rjh,

In addition ask him if all these upper mgt options affect the stock price or dilute said total shares. Could not the company raise cash for said options ( stock ) and actually build the airline or save for a rainy day? Said over and over on these boards, quite disengenius to claim no cost to company!

FA

:rolleyes: OK then people....what do you propose Doug should have done with that money? Add it to the employee profit sharing pool, perhaps? Did you even read his letter? The guy hasn't cashed in any stock options in 11 years! OK..I'll admit that's a large lump sum of money up front, BUT multiply that by 11 years!

I'll say this again... I have no problem with executives that EARN their salary and I feel Doug deserves it. He's not going to take the money and run like Gangwal, Wolf and Siegel.

Mr. Parker is in this for the long haul and I believe he's doing a great job so far. :up:

yeah he only turned USairways from bankruptcy and made a profit.... THE NEXY year
im very positive that MR Parker will take care of this employees

They were options he was granted, he didn't purchase stock. He exercised them and got the cash from the sale, the company didn't pay it.

I didn't say the company paid anything. I wondered who gave him the $3MM swing loan to exercise the options.

Well when I exercised stock options granted to me by a former employer, I had to buy the stock before I could sell it. That's how you exercise the options. Let's say the stock is selling at $25 per share. You have been granted options to buy 1,000 shares at $10/ share. You exercise the options by signing the paper and handing over a check for $10,000. Then you can turn around and sell the stock for $25,000. And my former employer was a bank, and we gave swing loans to executives for this purpose.

I wondered who gave him the $3MM swing loan to exercise the options.

You exercise the options by signing the paper and handing over a check for $10,000.

This can easily be done with no cash. All employees at U in the mid 90's were able to do this with a discount broker with no money up front required, instant sale and the broker takes a cut and you get the difference. This was part of our payback for the 92 concessions.

I'm sure the big boys never have to write a check to cover.

I have been saying for a couple of years that he is Franke with a candy coating. Maybe some are starting to see that.

Best quote of the month
'The ratcheting up of compensation has been obscene. There is a tendency to put cocker spaniels on compensation committees, not Doberman pinschers.'
- Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, New York Times, September 18
The same can be said for union leadership the unions need
Doberman pinschers(PITbull)

Comparing Parker to Franke in a public forum is just plain stupidity. It seems that you would have a beef with any CEO of any company simply because you fail to have climbed that ladder yourself. I've cashed out on my stock as well, for no other reason other than to quadruple my money that was invested, I made out pretty well myself and I'm an independent investor, if I had waited or let the stock go, I would have completely regretted that move, I did not do that, Parker did not do that, so he wins too! Its corporations and the free market, I suggest you read do some more digging.

I sat next to Dougie at the Vegas Aviation Forum in 2005 for a dinner given by the sponsors. He shook my hand in greeting, and then never said one word to me the entire evening...zippo...not even looked in my direction when I spoke to the folks at the table. Glass was there too and Kirby...like "three musketeers".

How about that for a CEO :lol:...got his MO from jump street

After reading your numerous posts and with a name like "PITBULL", I don't blame him for not spending too much time with you, why invite a dark cloud into the conversation.

"Comparing Parker to Franke in a public forum is just plain stupidity. It seems that you would have a beef with any CEO of any company simply because you fail to have climbed that ladder yourself. I've cashed out on my stock as well

Cashing in on options sayifor no other reason other than to quadruple my money that was invested, I made out pretty well myself and I'm an independent investor, if I had waited or let the stock go, I would have completely regretted that move, I did not do that, Parker did not do that, so he wins too! Its corporations and the free market, I suggest you read do some more digging."
So says UWCactus

So says reality

Cashing in on the options after spreading merger speculation is questionable at best.

Cashing in on options, (claiming they were about to expire, not completly true ), after braging to never have done this, is speaking with fork tounge.

Cashing in on options right before going into critical negotiations is naive at best. Some less polite people would call this a very stupid move.

Say what you want, see what he will experience in the future. I am only the messenger.

Now just to show I am fair about all this: :rolleyes:

Patrici Friend
Afa Int'l Presi
Communications Workers of America

2005 Salary Breakdown
$ 0 Administrative (0%)
$ 0 Contributions (0%)
$ 0 General Overhead (0%)
$ 0 Political (0%)
$ 0 Representational (0%)

$ 149,885 Total Earnings

Historical Salary Information
Year Salary % Raise Title
2005 $ 149,885 +248.2%** Afa Int'l Presi
2004 $ 43,041 — Afa Int'l Presi

** What was your last raise as an AFA Flight attendant????

Department of Labor, Office of Labor Management Standards LM filings

And not to leave the pilots out: B)

Duane Woerth
President
Air Line Pilots

2005 Salary Breakdown
$ 10,536 Administrative (3%)
$ 0 Contributions (0%)
$ 340,650 General Overhead (97%)
$ 0 Political (0%)
$ 0 Representational (0%)

$ 351,186 Total Earnings

Historical Salary Information
Year Salary % Raise Title
2005 $ 351,186 -15.4% President
2004 $ 415,026 -2.0% President
2002 $ 423,705 -3.5% President
2001 $ 439,296 40.2% President
2000 $ 313,392 — President

Source: Department of Labor, Office of Labor Management Standards LM filings

Nice sum of $$$$$$ even with the drop in pay....does he or will he be getting a pension from ALPA....or will he lose that like the pilots he is ...representing have lost their pensions??? How many pilots out there are making that kind of money....well those pilots that are represented by ALPA. Hmmmmm.....nice job if you can break through the BS...JR.
***NOW ASK YOURSELF....what have you done for me lately....(Hmmmmm sounds like a good name for a song) :lol: :lol:

You can check out your union at www.UnionFacts.com

After reading your numerous posts and with a name like "PITBULL", I don't blame him for not spending too much time with you, why invite a dark cloud into the conversation.

Clearly you have not met the person of whom you speak ill of. She is quite adept in social settings and knows the difference between the bargaining table and the dinner table.

prepared to get severely chewed on.
IT SUCKS TO BE YOU BOB!
IF I may, Put your dog under your seat and hang on this is going to be a rough flight! :lol:

yeah he only turned USairways from bankruptcy and made a profit.... THE NEXY year
im very positive that MR Parker will take care of this employees

Couldn't have said it better!

I'll say this again... I have no problem with executives that EARN their salary and I feel Doug deserves it. He's not going to take the money and run like Gangwal, Wolf and Siegel.

Mr. Parker is in this for the long haul and I believe he's doing a great job so far. :up:

I agree. Give the guy some slack, he earned it! He flys coast to coast weekly meeting with employees and management. I'd be willing to bet he hasnt seen an 8 hour 5 day work week in years!

Doug had the options in January, 2005. If you look at the what they were worth then the value was pretty close to zero. He was granted the options by the America West Board of Directors as an incentive to get the stock price up. Guess what? He did exactly what the shareholders wanted and has exercised the options and sold the shares. Complaining about him taking the compensation his bosses offered is about the same as complaining a ramp worker cashed his check. If you were complaining about the Board and that they should not have given him the compensation package, you might have a valid point.

Latest posts