You Must Follow Your Union Rules Doh

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
"Bill McGlashen, representing America West's 2,650 flight attendents, told the Phoenix Business Journal that he plans to go over the business plan with a fine-tooth comb when it is released to ensure that his flight attendents do not lose their seniority.

"Because in this business seniority means everything, it dictates where you fly, what cities you fly to, whether you fly weekends or Christmas," said McGlashen.""

Sorry Billy Boy, your union states DOH date of hire period! live with it.

:angry:

If the past several years has taught you unionized folk anything, it's that being in a union guarantees you nothing.

I was there when the AFA goons promised the FA's the world.

You can't decertify, you can only change unions, from one blood sucking leech to another.

But, we told the FA's that, but they didn't understand.

skyflyr69 said:
"Because in this business seniority means everything, it dictates where you fly, what cities you fly to, whether you fly weekends or Christmas," said McGlashen.""

Sky high states: First of all, there will be a FENCE at all the bases. It sounds like this merger will be done in (slow) steps. So, it may be around for some time. Secondly, F/A's will NOT be able to "TRANSFER" in until the fence is down AND POSITIONS OPEN in that particular base.
Also US just enticed, I believe 500/700 FLIGHT ATTENDANTS to leave the company with a monetary package. Further, thinning the seniority at US.

There will be a fence for sure. Sort of like the St. Louis fence for TWA f/a's. Next thing you know, they slowly take away the good trips from the US bases and give them to a base they can't trasfer into. Then they just eliminate the base, and throw away the people.

HPearlyretiree said:
I was there when the AFA goons promised the FA's the world.

You can't decertify, you can only change unions, from one blood sucking leech to another.

But, we told the FA's that, but they didn't understand.
[post="270526"][/post]​

Actually, you can decertify - I've been thru one.

OTOH, being unrepresented is even worse.

skyflyr69 said:

[post="270499"][/post]​

Oh boy! I can hear it happening already. This is the kind of talk that started a firestorm when UA was considering a purchase of USAir. In the end, the uproar from the UA employees helped crush the aquisition.

It is easy for people from a company with a very senior employee group to fire loud shots like this.

Hopefully most US employees will take a more humble attitude. But it only takes a small minority of folks spouting off to create alot of resentment and anger when dealing with a subject as sensitive as seniority.

Hold onto your hats folks. And watch your rear-ends.

AWA flight Attendants please do not listen to anyone who seems eager to use there seniority to run to PHX. We have always been very fair about seniority at U. If you really feel you require a fence to protect you in the west I am sure one can be worked out but I think in the end It will just prevent you from access to the east and some of the great trips most of you will be able to hold. I was hired in 88 and have no problem flying Paris and most of the other euro trips. (several years jr to me also can hold euro trips via the scd adjustment period). Looking forward to working with you to Paris!

skyflyr69 said:
"Bill McGlashen, representing America West's 2,650 flight attendents, told the Phoenix Business Journal that he plans to go over the business plan with a fine-tooth comb when it is released to ensure that his flight attendents do not lose their seniority.

[post="270499"][/post]​
listen skyflyr69, these are the kind of posts we do not need. tentions and emotions are up right now . especially at hp. we do not need the animosity. so please, put a sock in it!!! i could totally understand where the hp folks are coming from. we are very senior here a u . they are just worried about there future. and they have every right to be. hp guys ,don't listen to this (bleep) . hopefully we can work something out where everyone is ok with it. god bless all of us. and lets take it day by day.

skyflyr69 said:

[post="270499"][/post]​
Thats the spirit! Show some empathy! Not! Savy

Ok then, but just remember Bill Mcglashen started it. whatever happens happens....
if the U F/A's are good enough to give up DOH then so be it.

:huh:

767jetz said:
Oh boy! I can hear it happening already. This is the kind of talk that started a firestorm when UA was considering a purchase of USAir. In the end, the uproar from the UA employees helped crush the aquisition.

It is easy for people from a company with a very senior employee group to fire loud shots like this.

Hopefully most US employees will take a more humble attitude. But it only takes a small minority of folks spouting off to create alot of resentment and anger when dealing with a subject as sensitive as seniority.

Hold onto your hats folks. And watch your rear-ends.
[post="270611"][/post]​

Yea, with guys like this stirring the pot. Why would you need any imput from the U people.

767jetz,
Since you seem to have ALL the answers. Please enlighten us as to how the UAL expert would put the lists together.