JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll see. we may be getting shift differential...as we once knew it and ua gets.

knowing what DL earns and adding in their generous profit sharing, $32.25/hr for us on DOS is a deal breaker. no go. if the company threw in a robust signing bonus, then i'd listen.

2 guys interview for the same job. The first guy is willing to accept pretty much what everyone else in the industry is making. He’s milquetoast, gives a cold fish handshake, slouches in his chair and doesn’t give too much eye contact.

The second guy walks in sharp dressed to a crisp, firm handshake and takes command of the room. He’s confident and isn’t willing to accept the industry average and knows he’s worth more.

Who gets the job in today’s climate?

Joe Milquetoast or
Joe Confident

DOW Hits 26,000 today BTW. RED HOT!!!!!

2 guys interview for the same job. The first guy is willing to accept pretty much what everyone else in the industry is making. He’s milquetoast, gives a cold fish handshake, slouches in his chair and doesn’t give too much eye contact.

The second guy walks in sharp dressed to a crisp, firm handshake and takes command of the room. He’s confident and isn’t willing to accept the industry average and knows he’s worth more.

Joe Milquetoast or
Joe Confident

I would rather hire either one of them than a WeAAsle.

Reactions: Catitude

Joe Milquetoast or
Joe Confident

And thx to President Trump my retirement has gone up just under 1/4 million since he was elected into office. And NO, it was not due to Obama Mama. It's all been after Trump was elected and started making movements with HIS policies.
And here some more evidence that President Trump is doing his part and keeping his promises:

'A nightmare': Family bids goodbye as undocumented father of 2 is deported to Mexico

Joe Milquetoast or
Joe Confident

One was the beneficiary of an arbitrary, subjective judgement like yourself.

Josh

And thx to President Trump my retirement has gone up just under 1/4 million since he was elected into office. And NO, it was not due to Obama Mama. It's all been after Trump was elected and started making movements with HIS policies.
And here some more evidence that President Trump is doing his part and keeping his promises:

'A nightmare': Family bids goodbye as undocumented father of 2 is deported to Mexico

Let's hope for a continued bull market. As for anointing trump, let's see if 7 years from now stock market is at 61,000. That would have given you 210% returns that Obama got you. Apples to apples.

Let's hope for a continued bull market. As for anointing trump, let's see if 7 years from now stock market is at 61,000. That would have given you 210% returns that Obama got you. Apples to apples.

You want to give BHO credit for tanking the market its subsequent recovery? As his chances improved and it become increasingly obvious as to his eventual victory in 2008 against McCain, the market and the economy became worse. You want to count only the time from which he took the Oath of Office on January 20, 2009, and pretend businesses and Wall Street awoke that day and exclaimed, "When did he become President?!"

Old stock market adage, "Buy on rumor, sell on fact," but the market was selling on the rumor of Obama as the next President and buying when the GOP took back the Congress. Few people predicted a Trump Presidency, and the market reflected more of the same with HRC on Election Day, but instead it roared in the months afterwards with Trump's unexpected, pro-business victory.

You want to give BHO credit for tanking the market its subsequent recovery? As his chances improved and it become increasingly obvious as to his eventual victory in 2008 against McCain, the market and the economy became worse. You want to count only the time from which he took the Oath of Office on January 20, 2009, and pretend businesses and Wall Street awoke that day and exclaimed, "When did he become President?!"

Old stock market adage, "Buy on rumor, sell on fact," but the market was selling on the rumor of Obama as the next President and buying when the GOP took back the Congress. Few people predicted a Trump Presidency, and the market reflected more of the same with HRC on Election Day, but instead it roared in the months afterwards with Trump's unexpected, pro-business victory.

Oh my dear Lord. The stock market crash of 2008 was due to the fraudulent mortgage market and the deregulation on the banking sector that lead to risky debt being sold as is on as Triple AAA investments. The same deregulation the lead to that crash and the two others before that are being tried yet again.

In 2008 the stock market lost 37% in value.

In 2009, it regained 26.5%

In 2010 and 2011, during the midterm elections the market gained 15% and 2% in those years.

So please, enough with the distorted history.

I think it will remain bullish in 2018 with all corporate america reporting record profits with the tax brakes. I do not expect anything to sustain for 7 years, I will make my moves prior to that. And take notice, I said "I" will make "MY" moves because "I" control my money not some fund manager, or union and I just sit back and only hope they are doing the right moves, huge difference in controling your own retirement and someone else doing it for you if they even do anything.

Oh my dear Lord. The stock market crash of 2008 was due to the fraudulent mortgage market and the deregulation on the banking sector that lead to risky debt being sold as is on as Triple AAA investments. The same deregulation the lead to that crash and the two others before that are being tried yet again.

In 2008 the stock market lost 37% in value.

In 2009, it regained 26.5%

In 2010 and 2011, during the midterm elections the market gained 15% and 2% in those years.

So please, enough with the distorted history.

It takes a great deal of skill in making a market correction into a Great Recession (much of it before he was even President) and even with Fed interest rates at near 0%. Not to mention, the massive amounts of QE, BHO still managed an anemic economy with worker participation rates at 40 year lows. Props to him.

Do you use the same line of reasoning when considering proposals with the company at the table?

Josh

Reactions: swamt
You are wasting your breath. I don't think 95% of these people even know what a credit default swap is.

Reactions: NYer
I think it will remain bullish in 2018 with all corporate america reporting record profits with the tax brakes. I do not expect anything to sustain for 7 years, I will make my moves prior to that. And take notice, I said "I" will make "MY" moves because "I" control my money not some fund manager, or union and I just sit back and only hope they are doing the right moves, huge difference in controling your own retirement and someone else doing it for you if they even do anything.

To add more. I fully believe and will invest as such that the market will in fact go up yet another 4K to and above 30K before it starts another down fall. Thanks again to the Trump tax cuts for us as well as the corps. to get the jobs boost...

Anytime a political entity takes credit for a stock market advance, he takes as big a risk as you do in your investments, because, when there is a correction, and there will be a correction, he has to take credit for that too. And that can be disastrous.

[IMO, this guy has been the only Local President who has not shiatted everyone about the negotiations and equity updates]

Equity update:

Brothers & Sisters

Today, we learned the Company is willing to assist the TWU in sharing payroll information with a third party payroll company who may do the distribution of the Equity. They have also agreed to cover certain FICA taxes that may be due during the distribution.

The Company has not agreed, however, to do the actual distribution of the Equity. As is stands today, the TWU is still looking at the possibility of ComputerShare or another payroll company such as ADP, pending IRS tax requirements, to do the physical distribution to each Member.

The TWU has estimated a distribution could happen by sometime in June, although it is possible for it to happen sooner.

The agreement with the Company allows for some savings with the distribution which is a benefit to the Members as it lowers the overall expense which would need to have been covered by the Equity funds itself.

As we get more information on this matter, we will share.

Fraternally,
Sidney

Anytime a political entity takes credit for a stock market advance, he takes as big a risk as you do in your investments, because, when there is a correction, and there will be a correction, he has to take credit for that too. And that can be disastrous.
Does not change the fact that Trump is the one that got the markets moving in the right direction with his policies and growth in jobs and of course with the businesses getting a huge tax break to invest and hire and share the wealth with their employees which always makes for a great and better economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts