JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the area that I think the company has found a way to make everyone who is employed at AA contribute. It's with the CS policy. If the company forces everyone to work their hours, everyone pays their fair share. If a part-timer only works 10 of the 20 hours a week, he or she still gets the full benefit of medical for only working 10 or half hours. I don't have a problem with part-timers paying double for med.

To NYers point though and this is a Devils advocate response if we went the way the IAM currently has it and we allow a 40% FT to PT ratio there is a very very good chance that you will be downgraded to PT. Even if say you were grandfathered at the FT rate. And for new hires it would take far more years than it currently does for them to be upgraded at a further cost to the company.

And this isn't even bringing up the idea of say no recall, only a transfer back to your former status or station.

Look it's probably no skin off my back? Next May I'll have 22 years and if there is a future buyout I'll move up even further. Plus cutting my medical in half saves me a whopping $40.00.

But if we do allow that trigger to be pulled there will be a lot of people murdered. I'm just not so sure I'm OK with the casualty count?

You again "may" be one of those casualties Bob?

Held hostage? what do you think this new contract will bring you, 55 cents differential ? One of the negotiators implied they are holding out for more holidays, you want the to give in now you won't even get that

There are much more concerning items that I want them to hold out for then cash. Again some ideological differences between our two contracts disturb me very much.

With 35 years I know obviously that's not anything that concerns you though. "Me, me, me, It's all about me"

Weez !
I think we should have more people from different stations on here what do ya think?
I may start a little project in getting more involved in this forum and member involvement.

Between Al and Lu Lu they'll unfortunately just hijack the conversations for their own personal chits and giggles.

And obviously I'm a lightning rod for these two. But at least Al works with us while the other guy will NEVER come back like I'm sure he'd like.

Especially not happening if we vote out our language for recall.

There are much more concerning items that I want them to hold out for then cash. Again some ideological differences between our two contracts disturb me very much.

With 35 years I know obviously that's not anything that concerns you though. "Me, me, me, It's all about me"
I'd rather work a little harder with less people and filling in with overtime than being overstaffed and the company asking me for a paycut in 3 years. That might be Me me me it's also smart smart smart. Weez start your own business and hire as many people as you want and give them all a Cadillac plan. Might as well give them a Cadillac too

I'd rather work a little harder with less people and filling in with overtime than being overstaffed and the company asking me for a paycut in 3 years. That might be Me me me it's also smart smart smart. Weez start your own business and hire as many people as you want and give them all a Cadillac plan. Might as well give them a Cadillac too

Al still not saying that I don't think it would be unfair for PT to pay double for medical against a FT. Just don't think a blanket solution that might penalize the thousands of PT we have on the TWU side would be the best or wisest option.

You immediately throw all these people under the bus with a contract like you guys have right now in that area and guaranteed the TA won't pass. The PT staff would be overwhelming in their resistance and you'd have enough FT people join them to guarantee a dismal disappointment to the guys who brought that back. (If they do)

And Al you also know you won't work any harder than you do now. With your time either way you'll still be in that warm cozy booth of yours.

So you're being a little hypocritical about other people working a little harder there bud.

I bet you haven't seen the inside of a belly in over 10 years now?

This is the area that I think the company has found a way to make everyone who is employed at AA contribute. It's with the CS policy. If the company forces everyone to work their hours, everyone pays their fair share. If a part-timer only works 10 of the 20 hours a week, he or she still gets the full benefit of medical for only working 10 or half hours. I don't have a problem with part-timers paying double for med.

So you fix the loophole that allows a minority to take advantage of a change of shift policy. The answer isn't to penalize a larger group just trying to survive as best they can.

So you fix the loophole that allows a minority to take advantage of a change of shift policy. The answer isn't to penalize a larger group just trying to survive as best they can.
If you haven't noticed they TA'd the "Shift Swap", just like the ticket agents.

The 5 items the company wants are:
1) X-Utilize ....we gave that to them.
2) Shift Swap......we gave that to them.
3) RIF......TBD
4)Rcall.....TBD
5)FT-PT ratio removed......TBD

If the new regime gives any more we are done.

Al still not saying that I don't think it would be unfair for PT to pay double for medical against a FT. Just don't think a blanket solution that might penalize the thousands of PT we have on the TWU side would be the best or wisest option.

You immediately throw all these people under the bus with a contract like you guys have right now in that area and guaranteed the TA won't pass. The PT staff would be overwhelming in their resistance and you'd have enough FT people join them to guarantee a dismal disappointment to the guys who brought that back. (If they do)
I don't agree, very few full timers will back them. They might tell you they will but they won't. And taking a poll will leave you the same results as Hillary

And Al you also know you won't work any harder than you do now. With your time either way you'll still be in that warm cozy booth of yours.

So you're being a little hypocritical about other people working a little harder there bud.

I bet you haven't seen the inside of a belly in over 10 years now?
Probably longer than that . But I would lift an extra 50 bags a day in the bagroom . You are into that one guy doing the digging and 10 guys watching

The 5 items the company wants are:
1) X-Utilize ....we gave that to them.
2) Shift Swap......we gave that to them.
3) RIF......TBD
4)Rcall.....TBD
5)FT-PT ratio removed......TBD

If the new regime gives any more we are done.
So if you want new regime to take a hard stance people like the Weez should stop saying they are holding them hostage.

Not to change subjects (actually, I guess I am) NYer, I believe you and Reality were two of the guys who questioned why we would even question the union about getting our prefund match back. this was a couple of years back...one of you, not you, even told me to read and understand the contract, WE WILL GET IT BACK. Now, Parker is on record (video) as saying he is pretty confident we will not see it.
NYer, thoughts?

Not to change subjects (actually, I guess I am) NYer, I believe you and Reality were two of the guys who questioned why we would even question the union about getting our prefund match back. this was a couple of years back...one of you, not you, even told me to read and understand the contract, WE WILL GET IT BACK. Now, Parker is on record (video) as saying he is pretty confident we will not see it.
NYer, thoughts?

The tide turned in January of 2013, when Judge Lane ruled against the Company's Summary Judgement to eliminate the Retiree Benefits. With the ruling, the Judge was able to protect the retiree from losing their benefits, which includes their medical but also their Medicare supplemental and life insurance.

Now that the airline is making a bazillion dollars, it is virtually impossible they will be allowed to eliminate the retiree benefits and the TWU may have been premature in their arbitration of the case. We seldom get two bites at the apple.

By the way, I don't usually go against questioning. My position was, and continues to be, that the triggers for the Match payment haven't been met.

Status
Not open for further replies.