JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is going to be big language changes for both sides. Can't bring two contracts together without changing a lot of the language one way or another. But it's going to be on both sides. Explaining this t/a to the membership prior to a vote, is going to be huge.

In my opinion is going to be a larger task since the Members aren't being conditioned to expect changes and this JCBA will have monumental changes. Could argue they will have more changes that what most would be able to ingest, retain, consider and evaluate without an emotional twinge.

The work on expectations should have stated and been part of this entire process.

In my opinion is going to be a larger task since the Members aren't being conditioned to expect changes and this JCBA will have monumental changes. Could argue they will have more changes that what most would be able to ingest, retain, consider and evaluate without an emotional twinge.

The work on expectations should have stated and been part of this entire process.
The communication is so bad I don't think there are any expectations from the members. The only thing you expect is for all involved to agree to disagree. The entire arrangement which members had no say in is set up to agree to disagree. Right in the company's hand which I'm sure they knew from the get go.

Again
Can't answer to why the twu side has not been briefed or educated on the issues. We have been instructed on the IAM side to get to our stations and break rooms and inform our members. I'm sure some will say they don't know anything. But I think for the most part we have done a pretty good job on the IAM side. We should all be using the time we aren't in negotions, to be in our stations and educating our members on the issues. But it's never enough. We always need to do more.

Yes I agree. Went through that 2 times with LUS. And yes they are reminded. But imo the company has lost the initiative now to get this done by the end of the year. Open enrollment is in place for the insurance, and any other benefit like the co-mingling that a new contract would bring the company, is going to have very little impact this late in the year on their bottom line. So I personally think they are now focused on 2018.
Umm I remember a temporary paycut in the early 90s that we got back Then we went years without a raise then we got a decent raise(contract) with Wolf Then we took a cut before bankruptcy with Siegel then another one when we did file then another one with the Iraq war then another one with the second bankruptcy......... and I ran out of fingers

Umm I remember a temporary paycut in the early 90s that we got back Then we went years without a raise then we got a decent raise(contract) with Wolf Then we took a cut before bankruptcy with Siegel then another one when we did file then another one with the Iraq war then another one with the second bankruptcy......... and I ran out of fingers
Yea I remember all those also. I was referring to when we were in negotiations during the bankruptcies and how fast the company reached an agreement. I believe that's what traymark was referring to in his post.

The IAM medical is a straw man. The LAA medical is not bad and btw, the entire rest of the company is on it.
This is not hard, you get something from the company for getting everyone on the LAA medical, i.e.... a much better 401K Contribution, like the pilots and Flight Attendants got and move forward.
Value is value, it doesn't matter where it is with each line item.
The LUS medical was only the what is was because they were $10 per hour below the rest of the industry in pay, that has now ended.
You see you start it out ok, they you come out with something stupid as your last paragraph and you blow you credibility. Date the merger was announced we were at 20.56 by your statement you were already at $30

Those comments by Parker are meant for Wall Street, analysts and stockholders.

Negotiations are based on the industry comparisons and that's a measure few consider or use as a harbinger of what the airline will seek and what the unions can achieve. If we see what's happening at other airlines then we can better gauge what will happen here.

I'm sure you remember the glee when the UA contract was signed because it brought wages to over $25 an hour, at the time. Few dug further to see the changes in their medical and scope, which took a step back. We focus on the compensation and the airlines will focus on those steps back to maintain the same expense level for Labor.
Weez should reconsider putting you on ignore you do make alot of sense and never add emotion to it kind of like a Mr Spock

Weez should reconsider putting you on ignore you do make alot of sense and never add emotion to it kind of like a Mr Spock

W issues with me are political.

He's against just about everything shared and when the points can't be countered he'll change the subject or start with the schoolyard name calling. His ideology has no consistency and he'll switch sides in a heartbeat.

Traymark
I disagree completely on the insurance. You are talking about a difference of 500.00 a month for a person who has to have family coverage.
And yes LUS was getting paid much less back then, but this insurance also survived 2 bankruptcies as the fifth largest carrier in the world when no profits were being made. Why can't the company do at least as good as our current LUS 80% for members now that they are making billions? The answer is they can. And hopefully you know since a airline contract never expires, the LUS side now has this insurance while getting paid leading industry wages. Getting them to vote on an agreement that's going to cost all of them something, but for some that needs family coverage up to 6,000 a year isn't going to go over on the LUS side. Especially paying that much more for a Insurance that once you start to use it,, is much worse than their current policy. Ex: an emergency room visit, cost our members 100 bucks. That's it.
Now add to the fact that the company wants to eliminate work in some of our stations, all for about .30 cents more a hour for a top out agent, just isn't gonna get it done.

CB as a negotiator you would be chanting and citing what WN, DL, UA, etc are paying for base wages if the company hadn’t out of an act of charity and benevolence added the midterm increases last fall.

You know full well healthcare costs are rising so it’s only reasonable that the membership abrobs some of the increase as well. If you don’t recognize this fact you’re either dishonest, delusional and shouldn’t be “representing” the members who pay your cushy salary and per diem.

I understand the LUS healthcare is a sacred item but I’d love to recall the posts from 2002-2005 about how terrible it was then. Even if you claim victory and the existing LUS coverage makes it into the JCBA be sure it was cost out and paid for many times over in other articles.

After all read what your IAM counterparts happily agreed to to UGS and McGee (in turn for voluntary recognition and dues $$$).

Josh

Again
Can't answer to why the twu side has not been briefed or educated on the issues. We have been instructed on the IAM side to get to our stations and break rooms and inform our members. I'm sure some will say they don't know anything. But I think for the most part we have done a pretty good job on the IAM side. We should all be using the time we aren't in negotions, to be in our stations and educating our members on the issues. But it's never enough. We always need to do more.

On the TWU side MIA may be the only station where members are woefully uninformed. The President here (Ask anyone you want) has not walked the field once in the entire almost two years now he’s been in office. He’s also never asked to join you guys in Negotiations and he has no activity in the TWU structure at all.

He was the only TWU President not to go to the recent International Convention. TWU Local 568 has gained the name “The do nothing Local” unfortunately in the overall structure. (Again this is all easily verified)

But thankfully I’m well informed through others outside my useless Local President.

The IAM medical is a straw man. The LAA medical is not bad and btw, the entire rest of the company is on it.
This is not hard, you get something from the company for getting everyone on the LAA medical, i.e.... a much better 401K Contribution, like the pilots and Flight Attendants got and move forward.
Value is value, it doesn't matter where it is with each line item.
The LUS medical was only the what is was because they were $10 per hour below the rest of the industry in pay, that has now ended.
You do realize that the LUS Fleet group doesn't have a 401K contribution?

CB as a negotiator you would be chanting and citing what WN, DL, UA, etc are paying for base wages if the company hadn’t out of an act of charity and benevolence added the midterm increases last fall.

You know full well healthcare costs are rising so it’s only reasonable that the membership abrobs some of the increase as well. If you don’t recognize this fact you’re either dishonest, delusional and shouldn’t be “representing” the members who pay your cushy salary and per diem.

I understand the LUS healthcare is a sacred item but I’d love to recall the posts from 2002-2005 about how terrible it was then. Even if you claim victory and the existing LUS coverage makes it into the JCBA be sure it was cost out and paid for many times over in other articles.

After all read what your IAM counterparts happily agreed to to UGS and McGee (in turn for voluntary recognition and dues $$$).

Josh

Josh,

LUS pays 7% of total cost of insurance for 80% plan, 14% of 90% plan and 19.4% of 100% plan. PT pays double. We went into negotiations wanting PT to pay the same rate as a FT. DP says AA will never lose money again and that he wants to give us an industry leading CBA. LAA insurance isn't industry leading. I don't find that a hard concept to grasp.

P. Rez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back