When will the fighting machinists actually join the fight?

Absolutely. The IAM is sitting fat, dumb and happy. Every day this drags out benefits the IAM at TWU represented expense. This is shaping up to be a repeat of the US Air vs America West pilot fiasco.
BINGO!!!

It may get suicidal if the IAM refuses to participate this time around. If they really do stand down for this upcoming picketing, I would assume the cards will pick up in the drive for AMP.
Just FYI, we too have started our info picketing with PHX done and LAX will be Nov. 12th. Good luck with your picketing.
Here's the link below...

Local 32 Informational Picket Flyer
AMFA Local 32 to host Informational Picket at LAX on November 12, 2018.

In order for members of the IAM to engage in a picket they need leadership and coordination to organize the members. The IAM union leadership has not done so yet. Why would they? Their pension is safe and medical as well at least for now. Why rock the boat?
The IAM leadership knows the opening proposals of the association is to get every association member in the IAMPF. That was in writing and agreed upon by the association executive council in charge. To this day there has been no change to that agreement in writing. Yes I hear union people saying that the TWU will not be forced into it. But the fact remains in writing from the Association proposal on the pension issue. They want all of us in it to save the fund from financial disaster. They know the 401k contribution the company offered is a better deal when you look at most of us are within 10 years of retirement. The association is trying to save the IAMPF at our cost of improving our retirement. Again the phrase keeps going around in break room talks, Save The Unborn. The association has not officially posted a compromise of keeping the IAM guys in the plan until they retire. Any future hired members would go to the 401k plan AA proposed. That's not good enough for the association. They are bent over backwards to get the LAA guys retirement money from us. NO F IN WAY!

In order for members of the IAM to engage in a picket they need leadership and coordination to organize the members. The IAM union leadership has not done so yet. Why would they? Their pension is safe and medical as well at least for now. Why rock the boat?
The IAM leadership knows the opening proposals of the association is to get every association member in the IAMPF. That was in writing and agreed upon by the association executive council in charge. To this day there has been no change to that agreement in writing. Yes I hear union people saying that the TWU will not be forced into it. But the fact remains in writing from the Association proposal on the pension issue. They want all of us in it to save the fund from financial disaster. They know the 401k contribution the company offered is a better deal when you look at most of us are within 10 years of retirement. The association is trying to save the IAMPF at our cost of improving our retirement. Again the phrase keeps going around in break room talks, Save The Unborn. The association has not officially posted a compromise of keeping the IAM guys in the plan until they retire. Any future hired members would go to the 401k plan AA proposed. That's not good enough for the association. They are bent over backwards to get the LAA guys retirement money from us. NO F IN WAY!

Wrong. Retirement contributions and how that is to ultimately be broken down is only one component of the issues still on the table to be worked out. While yes it still is an issue that needs to be solved it’s not the sole driver.

Otherwise you still continue to make things up mainly to try to prop up your continuing agenda.

There is no more steam left in that engine FYI.

He can talk the talk.

Will he walk the walk?
You must not know Tom Regan. He is the best manager that the company has. Never ever has he been a union guy ever. I led a drive to kick him the hell out of negotiations back in 2008 and was successful after he traveled with the company managers in cooperation contract ratification meetings with managers on his side pleading with us to vote for a awful contract that eliminated ALL of our seniority and placed ALL of us back to step one of the pay scale if we got furloughed and then were recalled back. When we voted against the contract, we were successful in getting his management sucking butt out of negotiations. Not surprisingly, management found a way to strike a deal with the IAM to get him back in there a few years ago.

I meant him in EWR when he was dumping chiat as a utility guy. He claims he worked as a mechanic but he never did. He dumped crap.

When he was questioned about comments that he wanted to give mechanics more and use us as a slush fund, he stormed out of the room.

Personally, I had to deal with him when I was Director of Organizing and I wanted us to win the Delta Fleet campaign that he was head of. So I went to his house and after I passed by his two foreign cars (2 BMW's or maybe 1 BMW and 1 Mercedez) I entered his house with Billy Kline and we talked about Delta. But he wouldn't listen and claimed he knew what he was doing. He ended up losing that campaign even though half of those voting were IAM members. He also is the single greatest reason why JetBlue laughs at us. He been doing JetBlue for a decade now.

He would be the last one I would ever pick to negotiate for fleet. His history is gosh awful and he completely destroyed this industry. He wears really nice watches as well. lol

It may get suicidal if the IAM refuses to participate this time around. If they really do stand down for this upcoming picketing, I would assume the cards will pick up in the drive for AMP.
Just FYI, we too have started our info picketing with PHX done and LAX will be Nov. 12th. Good luck with your picketing.
Here's the link below...

Local 32 Informational Picket Flyer
AMFA Local 32 to host Informational Picket at LAX on November 12, 2018.
I for one think if the IAM does not show up to fight with the TWU members then when it comes time to vote the TWU members will vote what is best for them. The IAM members are very small part of the association. If we are truly union brothers and sisters we need to support each other. I really think the new AMP union will replace the association one day!

Reactions: swamt
I for one think if the IAM does not show up to fight with the TWU members then when it comes time to vote the TWU members will vote what is best for them. The IAM members are very small part of the association. If we are truly union brothers and sisters we need to support each other. I really think the new AMP union will replace the association one day!

It is too late for that vote, those LAA Mechanics that are taking the hit from the Association and the IAM members over their internal squabble on healthcare cost and the defunct pension are costing everyone hundreds if not thousands of dollars. At some point, the money saved in healthcare will be overwhelmed by the loss. Correct me if I am in error, but the healthcare difference is $6500 and the monthly cost could be as high as $1100. Of course, the "savings" within the plan can soften this but only for the IAM membership. That is the problem we are not a real union for the employees, all we are is a funding method for a few in the Association.

It is too late for that vote, those LAA Mechanics that are taking the hit from the Association and the IAM members over their internal squabble on healthcare cost and the defunct pension are costing everyone hundreds if not thousands of dollars. At some point, the money saved in healthcare will be overwhelmed by the loss. Correct me if I am in error, but the healthcare difference is $6500 and the monthly cost could be as high as $1100. Of course, the "savings" within the plan can soften this but only for the IAM membership. That is the problem we are not a real union for the employees, all we are is a funding method for a few in the Association.

Wash, rinse, repeat (AMP is dead) Wash, rince, repeat.