Will alpa @ nwa gladly cross another picket line?

Sorry guys but I have been out of the loop. Are the F/A's going to go on strike? Can this CHAOS be considered a strike that NWA is defenseless against? I always thought that it would have been much smarter for the AMT's to have stayed on the property to slow down and harass NWA from the inside. I guess the F/A's are a bit smarter than the AMT's. It doesn't make a lot of sense to leave the property when you can be replaced over night. I would not say that the pilots went so far as to help the Scabs out during the strike but then again they didn't do anything worthwhile that would have helped the AMFA Boys at all. F/A's you are on your own.

In hindsight do you guys now think that you should have struck with the AMT's?

You all came to work at ALPAs request, whatever. ALPA didn't ask you to do ANYTHING. Talking to pilots there at the time- the mechs were LESS THAN SUPPORTIVE. They ended up getting the same conderation...

Do your own research.

The third sentence in the above post would indicate that either A) You don't work for NW, or B) You weren't on the property in '98. If it's "A," you don't have a dog in this fight. Go home. If it's "B," keep asking around; you'll find the real story.

Do your own research.

The third sentence in the above post would indicate that either A) You don't work for NW, or B) You weren't on the property in '98. If it's "A," you don't have a dog in this fight. Go home. If it's "B," keep asking around; you'll find the real story.

What group supported you? Interesting...

Oh yes you did, Clown.

How soon you forget. Didn't we just have this talk in another thread a few weeks back?

We all continued to come to work- at ALPA's request-then shortly thereafter most all of us took anywhere from a 1-3 week unpaid vacation so you could get what you wanted.

Don't fool yourself; any work stoppage at this point shuts it *all* down. Remember, no F/A's= you sitting at the gate (looking for used newspapers no doubt) not getting paid.

Kev, you are correct. I was in DTW for that 2 week standoff. I spent the last week of it on unemployment. I know we were IAM at the time but it was asked of them, "What can we do?" The answer was just continue to work, get the planes back in shape - we'll be back. This was the first time I ever saw the whole fleet with no LIDS items and every cabin cleaned to the hilt! What's the condition therse days? ScabAir

You all came to work at ALPAs request, whatever. ALPA didn't ask you to do ANYTHING. Talking to pilots there at the time- the mechs were LESS THAN SUPPORTIVE. They ended up getting the same conderation...

What an ignorant post!
Who ‘really’ knows what went down?
Do you?
If so then pass this communication to the rest of so we can be as enlightened as you!
BTW, this strategy by the IAM/ALPO is not unfamiliar with us in the industry; this same scenario was played out in 84 with the UAL ALPO. Fact is, the IAM membership was informed that the ‘only’ reason to cross the ALPO picket line was by the request of ALPO. The ideology was to inflict more pain (money drain) to the company for a quicker resolution to the strike.

JMHO, this was a miscalculation (of the IAM and ALPO) that has impacted the ‘solidarity’ of unionism in the airline industry that we see today.

Crossing a ‘Union’ picket line is simply “WRONG†regardless of the implications.

If you would like to continue this discussion further, then you might want to take some time to get your facts right before you put your foot in your mouth again.

Hopefully, anybody that takes part in CHAOS, at NWA or any other airline, gets immediately fired. That is probably wishful thinking, but that would certainly be the most appropriate response to an employee sabatoging the operation of the airline.
well if you are gonna say that about the employees needing to be fired for sabotagin an airline due to chaos, how about firing all of top mgmt at SCABAIR for sabatoing the airline into ch11 and demoralizing the entire work force there finny? tome that makes sense

Hopefully, anybody that takes part in CHAOS, at NWA or any other airline, gets immediately fired. That is probably wishful thinking, but that would certainly be the most appropriate response to an employee sabatoging the operation of the airline.
Whats the matter finny? Are you worried that this CHAOS might actually be effective and that NWA might have to let go of a few beancounters? :shock:

In essence, people who are striking and those who participate in CHAOS are sacrificing themselves for the working class (like yourself). Standing up for others is something admirable, I think. ;)

What group supported you? Interesting...

Supported me (us) when? We haven't called for a strike in a long time (though we should have), and if we did I sure wouldn't expect ALPA's support.

At any rate, I'm done responding to your flame bait for now. If you want to have a discussion based in *fact* by all means, let me know.

Sorry guys but I have been out of the loop. Are the F/A's going to go on strike? Can this CHAOS be considered a strike that NWA is defenseless against? I always thought that it would have been much smarter for the AMT's to have stayed on the property to slow down and harass NWA from the inside. I guess the F/A's are a bit smarter than the AMT's. It doesn't make a lot of sense to leave the property when you can be replaced over night. I would not say that the pilots went so far as to help the Scabs out during the strike but then again they didn't do anything worthwhile that would have helped the AMFA Boys at all. F/A's you are on your own.

In hindsight do you guys now think that you should have struck with the AMT's?
:down: Just go away!

Give me a break! We didn't ask, or receive, any help from you whiners in '98. If you don't have the clout to shut down the airline, don't elect to SELF HELP. I hear there's a sale on skirts and high heals at Target. The way some of you ladies whine, they'll fit you just fine!
Did I touch a nerve?

In 1992, the pilots/alpa made a secret deal not to honor the Mechanic and Related strike and every pilot would get paid no matter what.

US grounded the DC-9s, MD-80s, F100s, F28s, and the 737-200s and all the pilots got paid as long as the rest of them crossed the picket line as they did, so don't cry to me about 1998.

Its better to 'Die On Your Feet, Than To Live On Your Knee's...We know which way you choose errand boy!

:p Sounds to me like you wern't even there. And sounds like the ones that were are now making up lies to defend their cowardly actions. And you showed little andy who's in charge with your 60% pay and benifits cuts. Work more for less. Oh and how long is this paycut for? 10years maybe more.You have seen your last payraise until 2014-16. Yes sir you showed how powerful you tinkerbells are. I think AMFA could have gotten that deal if they wanted it.

:down: Just go away!
The Ex-resident SCAB enjoys stirring the pot, even with all his honey do chores and the remodel of his doublewide he can't seem to stay away from the board and union bashing, PTO is like the occassional head case you hear about that likes to torture animals. :down:

Monday, July 17, 2006 is when NW can abrogate the NW Flight Attendants contract. New work rules, pay, benefits and anything else NW wants can do.

C.H.A.O.S. is a great tool for screwing the airline. Don't chicken out and walk off if the flight is a C.H.A.O.S. flight!!

Yes, I think the NW Pilots will cross the picket line. The majority of them are SCABS and will do it. Northwest and Continental both have the biggest SCAB pilot groups in the industry!