Will alpa @ nwa gladly cross another picket line?

Consideing what has happened to the profession it is safe to say the NW f/a's have the backing of AFA and it's members. We at US have endured VERY DEEP cuts and dealt with round after round of HORRIBLE management. There will be no picket like to cross so any support is pretty much not necessary. The selected flight is designated a "CHAOS" flight and the f/a's unexpectedly walk off. No warning as to where, when and for how long. May be for only a half hour if I remember correctly. As for another AFA represented carrier's f/a's backing the NW AFA f/a's maybe they could all wear the ribbon perhaps. Hey f/a's.....REMEMBER.... YOU CANNOT GET FIRED IF YOUR FLIGHT IS CALLED UPON TO BE A CHAOS FLIGHT. Don't back down. :up:

From one F/A to another - GOOD LUCK you all in your fight with NWA. I have had the opportunity to talk to a lot of you on crew vans and at RON hotels and you all seem to be on the same page in regards to what you want to see happen. Our fellow f/a's at Alaska did a tremendous job in setting the example of what CHAOS can do. You will see flights be cancelled all over the system as f/a's walk off the aircraft and all of it is legal. EVERY one of the Alaska f/a's who were originally fired by management from the CHAOS strike got their job back with back pay. The precedent has been set. We support you 100%.

When the US flight attendants threatened CHAOS during the 2000 contract negotiations our ceo at the time Stephen Wolf was so frightened and aware of what it would force them to do that he "threatened" to shut the airline down rather than be subject to it. CHAOS is definately a plus in AFA's corner. Whatever you all do, DON'T BACK DOWN.

Its better to 'Die On Your Feet, Than To Live On Your Knee's...We know which way you choose errand boy!
I've negotiated my terms to my liking. If I couldn't have done so, I would have left and worked elsewhere, not stick around and sabatoge the operations to get what I want.

I've negotiated my terms to my liking. If I couldn't have done so, I would have left and worked elsewhere, not stick around and sabatoge the operations to get what I want.
Well, then if you are working for NWA in a management capacity, you are NOT working under the terms that (you negotiated). You are working under the terms that {they've dictated}.So, why are you still with NWA when you can (in your own words) leave and work elsewhere?

Well, then if you are working for NWA in a management capacity, you are NOT working under the terms that (you negotiated). You are working under the terms that {they've dictated}.So, why are you still with NWA when you can (in your own words) leave and work elsewhere?
Why, as a management employee, would I not be working under negotiated terms? Every management employee negotiates individually on most aspects of their compensation package. Some things are non-negotiable (medical benefits, pension, etc.) but most everything else is negotiable on an ongoing basis. If I hadn't been able to negotiate terms that I was satisfied with, then I would have left. It's a pretty simple concept.

you mis-spelled licking... :lol: admit it finny, filling the coffee pot beats bending nails for your bread. :D

Finman--

Serious question here:

I thought you were thinking of leaving? Did you negociate (sp?) new terms, or just decide that what you have is/was okay?
I was considering leaving, but an attractive internal position opened up that gave me the opportunity to learn an entirely new area of the airline business and renegotiate my compensation.

I was considering leaving, but an attractive internal position opened up that gave me the opportunity to learn an entirely new area of the airline business and renegotiate my compensation.
Intresting. Did that negotiation include any concessions or other sacrifices to help the company survive? Of course you know finny the airline is in bankruptcy and sliding toward Chapter 7. I think the many workers at your airline who have sacrificed greatly would like to know how management has contributed to the restructuring.

Maybe you could fill us in on the sacrifices you have made.

Intresting. Did that negotiation include any concessions or other sacrifices to help the company survive? Of course you know finny the airline is in bankruptcy and sliding toward Chapter 7. I think the many workers at your airline who have sacrificed greatly would like to know how management has contributed to the restructuring.

Maybe you could fill us in on the sacrifices you have made.
Management took two pay cuts (10-30% progressive), and a steep reduction in medical benefits as part of this process. A very common way to sidestep this pay cut is to either find a way to get yourself promoted or move laterally, which drives a standard pay increase at the minumum, and an opportunity to renegotiate compensation over and above that. Obviously, this mainly occurs in the analyst/manager job bands, as it becomes pretty tough to move or get promoted when you get to the Director level.

Naturally, in the end, there is a shaking out of sorts where a good percentage of the employees take the full pay cut, and some that are high-level performers in the job band noted above evade the cuts via job movements and promotions. In a non-union environment where merit drives compensation, that's just the way it works. I don't want to get into the details of my situation, because another key component of non-union compensation is that nobody knows what anybody else makes.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

Tell us finman....
does all NW cubicles come with blinders?
Give the wo/man credit for moving latteraly or upwards to learn the realm of airline management. Completely different than what they teach in college. However, one must question the people who rather stay with an entity that lacks corporate vision. Although NW did/use to harvest from Embry Riddle, they still take in managers that lack experience or education.

One I recall was the former Dairy Queen manager turned flight attendant manager. hmmmmmmmmmm. Formerly supervised and made scheduels for 2 people, now fashion police for 1,500. Next time I get stopped and have my pant leg tugged to see if I got it altered, I better remind them skinny pants are "in".

Latest posts